• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What can I do to find motivation for my upcoming trip?

In summary, your husband has been given orders to leave in March of 2008 and will be officially notified March of 2007. He has been given this information since he returned from two years ago and there is a very small chance that he could leave earlier, but not later than March of 2008.
sillylittlechef
Okay. I was totally excited about the trips to London and the Cruise. Two years ago when my husband came home from 18mo. in Iraq we went on that same cruise (Majesty of the Seas) only we had a stop in KeY West. I was kind of a lousy vacation because 1 week before we left I found out I was preggo....No island drinks, no parasailing (which we already paid for) no jet ski....ect. So, after hearing the incentives I was so excited. If I didn't make the london one hubby and I could re-do our cruise.....Then I realized the dates April 14-18 or something in April.....
MY HUBBY leaves for Iraq in March!!!!!!! one month before! Even if I earn it, I won't want to go and take someone else....That would just make me sad the whole time...
So.....I need to find the motivation the trip started to give me.....any ideas ladies and guys?
\

Well, you can work for the same incentive level and plan to take the gift certificate option. The paperwork says that they're going to be pre-paid debit cards this year. So you could plan to use it for another vacation or something special for your house that you can share with hubby.Just a thought.

sillylittlechef said:
............MY HUBBY leaves for Iraq in March!!!!!!! one month before! Even if I earn it, I won't want to go and take someone else....That would just make me sad the whole time...
So.....I need to find the motivation the trip started to give me.....any ideas ladies and guys?
\
The trip is in April 2008 - your husband has his orders this far in advance? Sorry for the ignorant sounding question, I am not military but I didn't know they found out info like this so far in advance.

Yes, He has "unofficial" orders set to leave in March of 2008. He will be officially alerted March of 2007. They could leave earlier, but not later than March of 2008. He is not active duty, he is national guard and they have known about this second tour since they returned two years ago. Part of this is because he is on a flight crew. There are few national guard battalions that fly blackhawks and they generally know far in advance when they will be needed. ground forces don't typically work this way....I don't think.

I'm sure you could buy this same cruise of something similar for the $900 they will give you for the trip so you could take the gift card option. I think I wouldn't want to wait that long since I'd want to vacation BEFORE (and after) he went. So, I would use a vacation as motivation and put aside a portion of your monthyly paycheck for a vacation fund. Just $100 a month would buy you a decent vacation...Good luck.

Great idea Bee, thanks. I think I will use that. I have been using my paycheck for the kids lessons...ballet, soccer, tap, on and on. Now I will be motivated to do more so that I will make an extra $100 a month to put aside for a vacation. Great idea! I'm going with it. Thanks!

sillylittlechef said:
Yes, He has "unofficial" orders set to leave in March of 2008. He will be officially alerted March of 2007. .................
Wow, thanks for the clarification. I had no idea that you would know something this far in advance. Well, I'd still shoot for Level 2 (or even 3 or 4). You can always take the gift card option and get something really nice for the two of you!

1. How can I stay motivated when cooking and meal planning seems overwhelming?

One way to stay motivated is to break down the task into smaller, manageable steps. Make a list of what needs to be done and prioritize tasks. Also, try to involve others in the process, such as family members or friends, to make it more enjoyable and less daunting.

2. What are some tips for staying motivated to cook and eat healthy meals?

Set realistic goals and focus on progress rather than perfection. Plan ahead and have healthy snacks readily available. Find nutritious recipes that you genuinely enjoy and experiment with new ingredients and flavors. Finally, don't be too hard on yourself and allow for occasional indulgences.

3. How can I stay motivated to try new recipes and techniques in the kitchen?

One way to stay motivated is to make cooking a fun and creative experience. Try incorporating themed nights or challenges, such as "Meatless Mondays" or "30-minute meals." Also, watch cooking shows or browse cookbooks for inspiration and don't be afraid to make mistakes and learn from them.

4. What can I do to stay motivated when I feel burnt out from cooking and meal prepping?

Take a break and allow yourself some time off from cooking. Order takeout or dine out at a new restaurant to recharge and get inspired. You can also try simplifying meals by using pre-made or pre-cut ingredients or utilizing kitchen gadgets and tools to make cooking easier.

5. How can I stay motivated to cook and meal prep on a budget?

Start by making a budget and meal plan to help you stay organized and on track. Look for sales and discounts at the grocery store and plan meals around affordable ingredients. Get creative with leftovers and try incorporating budget-friendly staples like beans, rice, and frozen vegetables into your meals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jenm42
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
iteachurkid
  • fruit76loop
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pkd09
  • chefgirlrd