• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should I Do About My Upcoming Show? Buy or Sleep?

In summary, the hostess is sick and has four orders she still needs to get together. She is considering submitting the order for the HWC products to get them before the show, but is worried about the other orders. The host is willing to have the show closed over the phone, but the guest is worried about the other orders.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I am in a quandary here ...

I have a REALLY big show that I am supposed to close out tomorrow. However, I am sick and truth be told, would prefer to just catch up on my sleep. Also, the hostess has been sick herself and has about 4 orders she still needs to get together.

We originally planned this as a HWC show that would help me earn the products. But I have since learned that:

* I can buy them myself for $18

and

* The half-price deal on National Confrence is just too good of a deal to pass up. And I KNOW there is NO WAY I can get there without counting the sales from this show.

However ... here is my dilemma ... I have nothing on my calendar between now and the first two weeks of April. And since I am sick ... it is VERY hard for me to talk. This cold has stollen my voice and I am hacking up a lung here. Yeah, THAT sounds appetizing!

Am I giving up a sure reward for one that may never be?

I like rewards, but my health and family always comes first. Do what is best for you and your guests and don't worry about it...The more shows you do, the more you learn to go with the flow...

If your show was before the 16th, it will not count as conference registration. I understand how it feels sometimes when you are that sick. You have until Saturday to submit the order to get the HWC products. Hopefully you will feel better by then.

Isn't NC deal a "hold and submit", too? So, even submitted later it wouldn't count?That's not an answer to your quandary - if you really think the other orders will net you more than $30 or so in commission (gotta think Fed/State tax, sales tax, shipping), maybe you want to wait. Maybe you want to go ahead and submit, so the other guests go ahead and get their stuff and have the host collect the orders to be a catty show. I'm not much help, I'm afraid.

Not unless I change the date by a week. (And who says I will, before y'all get on me!)Oh, and did I mention I'm donating the commission from this really big show to charity? (Originally so I could get the HWC products, we are both Relay committee members.)To add this to the mix, I am working Saturday night, volunteering for the church food ministry during the day, and even if I meet with the host on Saturday, it's not likely I'd get home and near my computer before midnight. So I fail to see what difference one day will make.

I close all my shows over the phone. Makes it simple and easy. I have my hosts have all checks wrote out to them after the show (excpet the few that refuse). Then we enter in all the shows over the phone, figure out her total and she pays all the outstanding orders by her credit card or debit card. You can have a show closed in less than 5 minutes depending on if the host has made up her mind!

Well, I think I am going to do my "bank run" tomorrow anyway, close or no close.To explain ... I have all checks written out to me ... but I REFUSE to deposit the check unless the bank has verified funds! Most of them insist on doing this in person. So if need be, I will personally drive to 5 or more banks to verify or cash the check, then put cash in the bank.I figure if 2 members of my OWN FAMILY bounced checks on me, why wouldn't a stranger?

See how you feel today, you never know.

Well, we're meeting. She has six outside orders to turn in so at least we can get the money in the bank ... this could be my first $1,000 show so I don't want to be in too much of a rush ... we'll see what's up this weekend. Thanks!

Yah! Hope you get it done in time. You have until midnight CST tomorrow to get the HWC products.

Related to What Should I Do About My Upcoming Show? Buy or Sleep?

1. What is "aDecision I May Regret"?

"aDecision I May Regret" is a popular product from Pampered Chef that helps users easily make decisions they may regret later. It is a versatile tool that can be used for a variety of decision-making scenarios.

2. How does "aDecision I May Regret" work?

This product works by guiding users through a step-by-step decision-making process. It helps users consider all aspects of a decision, weigh the pros and cons, and provides tips for avoiding potential regrets.

3. Can "aDecision I May Regret" be used for any type of decision?

Yes, "aDecision I May Regret" can be used for any type of decision. Whether it's a big life decision or a simple choice, this product can help users make a well-informed decision and avoid future regrets.

4. Is "aDecision I May Regret" only for personal use or can it be used in a professional setting?

This product can be used in both personal and professional settings. It is a great tool for individuals, teams, and organizations to make important decisions with confidence.

5. Are there any additional resources or support available for using "aDecision I May Regret"?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers additional resources and support for using "aDecision I May Regret". Users can access online tutorials, tips and tricks, and customer support to get the most out of this product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • dollfangs
  • Pampered Chef Sales