• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any One Tried a Batter Bowl Mix Yet?

it was not my favorite recipe either. The pumpkin bread was okay. I think the recipe could use a little more spice. The oatmeal cookies were not good. I think I used the wrong kind of sugar and didn't bake them long enough. Overall, I think it was a successful first cooking show. I made a lot of money and people seemed to enjoy it.
ahammons
I just made my first few Batter bowl mixes today, and I think the chili is my favorite so far... it's so pretty! :) Has anyone actually made any of these yet and eaten them? I may have to try the chili this week b/c it looks so good. lol

Yes, I really like the brownies. They are the best! The pumpkin bread is okay. I have better recipes. I also think the oatmeal cookies are okay. I wouldn't normally make that kind of cookie. I haven't tried anything else.

I'm making them to sell, and haven't had anyone interested in the cookies so far. The most popular is the brownie, followed by chili, and only one order for the bread.

SORRY to toot my own horn- BUT I HAD TO SHARE THIS!! I just sold 8 batter bowls last night at a Homemade for the Holidays show. I set up a station for kids to make ornaments out of the pretzels and chocolate and a station for the adults to make and take their batter bowls for $20. The kids ornaments were free. I also had a visit from Santa where the children sat on Santa's lap, played a game of "frozen snowball" (twist on hot potato) and then Santa helped make ornaments with the kids. It was a blast!!! I then did door prizes and each child got a goody bag IF Santa said they had been good this past year. When the night was over and the overall total was complete- I had over $900 in sales. I sold 8 batter bowls, 6 prep sets, 4 coating trays and 5 triffle bowls. I had a Pumpkin trifle that everyone loved from Paula Dean. It was my 1st Holiday party of many more to come. Five people asked me today when I was having it next year so they could mark their calendars now. YEAH!!!

Wow... that is awesome!! My first holiday party is in a couple of weeks... any other tips? How many guest did you have? How many did you invite? I'm pretty new... what exactly was the "make and take" batter bowls? Has that been your biggest show? Congrats!!!

I think the cookie recipe is FANTASTIC!!!! The brownies not so much. Haven't tried the other two.

It was my largest kitchen show, yes. I am also new, qualified in Oct. and am 4 days shy of 90 days. The "make and take" batter bowls were batter bowls I preordered. I then set up ALL the ingredients along my kitchen counter top according to the order they went in the bowl. I used my Stainless steel mixing bowls to put the sugar, flour and cocoa in. I used the Classic batter bowl for the M&M's and the small batter bowl for the white chocolate morsels. I then used the prep bowls for salt, baking powder and cinnamon. I used generic bowls for the second sugar/flour containers. Then I set out measure all cups for the flour/sugar one at each section. I set out 3 prep bowls at the start so that they could put their cinnamon/sugar aside in them. Then I placed measuring spoons preset to the measurements by each ingredient. Above the counter on my cabinets I had posted each ingredient and the amount needed. I also had the instructions posted as well. At the end, I had premade gift tags to place on the bowls. I sold every bowl I had ordered and then had two ordered as well. It went rather smoothly and everyone had fun!! I sold several sets of measuring spoons/measure all cups and even a set of SS Mixing bowls. If there is one thing I have learned it is the more hands on a show is the more you sell. The more interactive you are with the guests the more they enjoy the show.
I invited 35 people and their children. I had 15 adults and 23 children attend. But I had 10 outside orders, booked 3 shows and have 2 new recruits that will sign in Dec. so they get the extra 30 days. SOOOO, it was a VERY SUCCESSFUL SHOW!!

It doesn't hurt to have Santa marketing your items as well.:D I will try to post pics of the event.

batter bowl mixesI made the chili-It turned out pretty well. I think my guests liked it more than I did, but then I don't care for a lot of beans. It did look pretty layered in the batter bowl.

I didn't care for the brownies much, but I think it's mainly because I had to use olive oil because I was out of the other stuff. I figured it might not be good but decided totry it anyway. Not so great!

I was not a fan of the brownies. We used the red and green M&M's and the green ones melted and looked all moldy once baked. Eww! I didn't care for the cinnamon in them, either.

I do really like the celebration cookies a lot!

Those are the only ones I have tried "completed"

I think the chili would be the next one I want to try!

Have made them all - in the bowls. Had a craft fair 2 weeks ago and from the display a lady ordered 4 of them! Have baked the Harvest Pumpkin Bread - but I use cranberries instead of the raisins - adds more colour to the bowl and to the bread. I think it's delicious! Have the others to bake up - maybe today?

DebbieJ said:
I think the cookie recipe is FANTASTIC!!!! The brownies not so much. Haven't tried the other two.

I totally agree. Haven't tried the chili yet, but DH is picky with his chili, so I probably won't.

roxylady said:
It was my largest kitchen show, yes. I am also new, qualified in Oct. and am 4 days shy of 90 days. The "make and take" batter bowls were batter bowls I preordered. I then set up ALL the ingredients along my kitchen counter top according to the order they went in the bowl. I used my Stainless steel mixing bowls to put the sugar, flour and cocoa in. I used the Classic batter bowl for the M&M's and the small batter bowl for the white chocolate morsels. I then used the prep bowls for salt, baking powder and cinnamon. I used generic bowls for the second sugar/flour containers. Then I set out measure all cups for the flour/sugar one at each section. I set out 3 prep bowls at the start so that they could put their cinnamon/sugar aside in them. Then I placed measuring spoons preset to the measurements by each ingredient. Above the counter on my cabinets I had posted each ingredient and the amount needed. I also had the instructions posted as well. At the end, I had premade gift tags to place on the bowls. I sold every bowl I had ordered and then had two ordered as well. It went rather smoothly and everyone had fun!! I sold several sets of measuring spoons/measure all cups and even a set of SS Mixing bowls. If there is one thing I have learned it is the more hands on a show is the more you sell. The more interactive you are with the guests the more they enjoy the show.
I invited 35 people and their children. I had 15 adults and 23 children attend. But I had 10 outside orders, booked 3 shows and have 2 new recruits that will sign in Dec. so they get the extra 30 days. SOOOO, it was a VERY SUCCESSFUL SHOW!!

Wow - kudos to you for being new and coming up with a fantastic idea for a show!! I think you should submit your idea to Home Office - this is something everyone in the company should know about!! Definitely filing this post away for future reference!! :) Congrats on an awesome show!

Roxy-your show sounds like it was alot of fun! What a great twist to a Christmas party! Congratulations!

I have tried the Celebration Cookies, Brownies, Bread and Chili. I did not care for the cookies or the brownies. They both have too much going on. I like a simple cookie and brownie. I also DID NOT care for the cinnamon in the brownies. The Chili has been a BIG hit!! Everyone really likes it. I serve it with Cornbread muffins. The Pumpkin bread is nice and simple. I think the Cranberry would add a good flavor and color to the bread. The raisins are good, too though.

I've only made the cookies and I thought they were very good.....maybe just a little on the sweet side.

so were the cranberries dried or fresh/frozen?

Related to Any One Tried a Batter Bowl Mix Yet?

1. What is a batter bowl mix?

A batter bowl mix is a convenient and easy way to make a variety of recipes, from cakes and muffins to pancakes and waffles. It is a pre-measured mix that comes in a specially designed batter bowl, making it easy to mix and pour the batter directly from the bowl.

2. Can I use the batter bowl mix for gluten-free or vegan recipes?

Yes, our batter bowl mixes are versatile and can be used for both gluten-free and vegan recipes. Just make sure to check the ingredients list on the packaging to ensure it meets your dietary needs.

3. How do I use the batter bowl mix?

Using the batter bowl mix is simple and straightforward. Just follow the instructions on the packaging for the specific recipe you are making. In general, you will need to add a few additional ingredients, such as eggs, milk, or oil, and mix everything together in the batter bowl. Then, you can pour the batter into your desired baking dish and bake according to the instructions.

4. Are there any tips for using the batter bowl mix?

To ensure the best results, make sure to read the instructions on the packaging carefully before using the batter bowl mix. It is also recommended to use room temperature ingredients and to not overmix the batter. For a quick clean-up, you can also use the batter bowl as a mixing and serving bowl.

5. How long does the batter bowl mix last?

Our batter bowl mixes have a shelf life of 12-18 months from the date of production. However, we recommend using them within 6 months for the best taste and quality. Make sure to store the mix in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vick
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
skmartin41
  • ginamkiely
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
  • AJPratt