• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Storing Waffle Batter Overnight

In summary, Noorak says that she prefers to make waffle batter the night before and store it in the fridge. She also reports that storing the batter in the fridge overnight makes the waffles turn out really nice and fluffy. Finally, she shares that she usually just uses a box mix, but that the batter becomes fluffier after sitting.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I wanted to make batter for waffles tonight to have for the morning. I was going to make it and store it in the fridge in the batter bowl. Can I do this? Will they be OK? Has anyone tried it? As you can see, I am a little neurotic about my waffles. LOL

I've never tried it myself AJ, but I've heard that storing the batter in the fridge overnight makes the waffles turn out really nice and fluffy! :)

That's what I've heard too. Let us know if it's true or not. ;)

Thank you. I guess I will see.

I would store it in the quick stir pitcher. That way you can use the plunger to mix it quick in the morning.

Great idea!!!

Let us know for sure!! My niece wants waffles for her graduation and this might help out a lot!

When I was pregnant with DS1, I would make a batch of waffle batter on Sunday, then keep it in the refrigerator all week, making a fresh waffle each morning. :D

Thanks, Noorak! And they were good?

AJPratt said:
Thanks, Noorak! And they were good?

Absolutely delicious

So I chickened out. The batter I use, I have to beat the egg whites until soft peak and then combine the milk and egg yolks. So, I was afraid to put it all together and have it not work out. Oh well... maybe I will get brave or someone can share an easier recipe.

Hmm... mine calls to cream the sugar and butter then add the eggs (if I remember right), but it's at home and I couldn't find it on the web. I'll see if I remember to post it later tonight.

he he...I just use Krusteaz mix. All I add is water. ;) But the longer it sits, the fluffier the batter becomes.

1. How long can waffle batter be stored in the fridge overnight?

Waffle batter can typically be stored in the fridge overnight for up to 24 hours.

2. Can I freeze waffle batter and use it the next day?

Yes, you can freeze waffle batter for up to 1 month. Just make sure to thaw it in the fridge before using.

3. Should I cover the waffle batter while it's in the fridge overnight?

It is recommended to cover the batter with plastic wrap or a lid to prevent it from drying out.

4. Can I add more ingredients to the waffle batter after it has been stored overnight?

No, it is not recommended to add additional ingredients to the batter once it has been stored overnight as it may affect the texture and consistency of the waffles.

5. Can I use waffle batter that has been stored overnight for pancakes instead?

Yes, you can use waffle batter to make pancakes instead. Just make sure to give the batter a good stir before using it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ginamkiely
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • raebates