• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Another Decorator Bottles Question

In summary, these bottles are easy to fill and clean, and come with a brush for easy cleanup. They are also perfect for beginners who want to decorate cakes or cupcakes without messy fingers.
krley
Gold Member
how do you fill these??? Before I got these I was worried they'd be hard to clean. I haven't had a problem with that, the brush that comes with it makes it easy enough.

HOWEVER, I can't figure out how to fill them easily! Any tips?

Thanks in advance!

I use plastic sandwich bags (fill the bag, snip off an end and squeeze it into the bottle) for thicker things like icing. But for sour cream (I LOVE these when we have tacos!) or other condiments, you can usually use a small spoon to fill the bottles. I have young kids and use one of our old baby spoons... they work perfectly!

The small spreader works great! If I remember correctly, I was at National Conference when they were announced and that was the recommended way of filling them. I've done it, and it works like a dream! The blade is small enough to fit in the spout, but no sharp edges to puncture the bottles. You obviously need to be careful, but it's not hard to do at all. Good luck!

Tammy

I do the same thing as Katie...plastic bags and snip off the corner and squeeze!

FWIW, do NOT let colored frosting to sit in them overnight...I had flourecent colors that I used last Easter for my egg cake, and one of the colors stained the bottle! Run straight hot water in them and rinse them out after use, even if you don't have time to wash them right away!

Why not cross-sell the Flexible Funnels for easy filling!

I just use a butter knife... it's a slight pita but it works well and the kids have a blast with them!

I wish these had been made with a screw off portion on the large end. Would make filling so much easier and cleaning a breeze.

I haven't had issue cleaning myself just filling.

I agree with the funnels ...

I was doing the BBQ sauce in a plastic bag and said, "This is what you use when you don't have a decorator bottle." Using the bag to get stuff INTO the bottle defeats the purpose, IMHO.

Of course, right now I have neither ...

Thanks for the ideas! I'll have to try some of these. I agree with you Deb - a bottom opening would have been nice.

I have used the flexible funnel, the baster (w/cleaning brush), small spreader, and/or a small bamboo spoon to fill it. All have worked very well. Warm the frosting slightly before filling the bottle (for chocolate, fill while warm and of a pouring/drizzle consistancy). I personally want to show a PC product to fill it so I purposefully do not use a baggie.

The trick for cleaning is to do it while the chocolate/frosting is slightly warm. Once it solidifies it takes longer to get all out of the bottle.

I'm a soaker, that might be why I have easy cleanup

flexible funnels or the small spreader works.
I used mine today for a party and sold 10 decorator bottle sets.

I think these bottles are great if you compress them a little as you are putting frosting in using the small spreader. If the frosting is thick, it would be impossible to fill with a funnel, but good with thinner stuff like a dessert sauce. I think these are awesome for cake decorating with beginners. The stuff doesn't come out all over your hands while learning the different decorating techniques. I have had success with the sandwich bag squeeze as well. I sell a lot of these when I demo them at a show, even if for just 10 seconds, already filled before the show.

I use the small spreader and now have it down to an art!!!! I absolutely love them!!!

1. How many bottles come in a set?

Each set comes with three decorator bottles.

2. Are the bottles dishwasher safe?

Yes, the bottles are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning after use.

3. Can these bottles be used for hot liquids?

No, these bottles are not suitable for hot liquids and should only be used for room temperature or cold liquids.

4. How much liquid can each bottle hold?

The bottles have a capacity of 8 ounces each, for a total of 24 ounces per set.

5. Are these bottles leak-proof?

While the bottles have a secure seal, they are not completely leak-proof. It is recommended to store them upright to prevent any potential leaks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lindsaym
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • GourmetGirl