• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

aNew Use for the Cake Decorating Bottles

In summary, my GF just called me to tell me that she used Spackle to fill holes in a closet shelf and it worked great. She said the tip fit nicely into the hole and it cleaned up easily.
NMmommy
My GF just called me to tell me what she used them for. She had hung up shelves in a closet and they did not hold. So she filled one of her decorating bottles withe Spackle and filled the holes with it. She said the tip fit nicely into the hole. She said it cleaned up easily. ROFLMAO!

Oh, that is too funny, now you know there is more than one use though, lol, you will have to share that at your shows, I know I will, lol.

I told her I was telling her story this Saturday at my show. She just giggled.

This is my new nesting thing (spackling)! I have been wandering around our house with a tube of spackle... it would be nice if I actually painted over the spackle though, LOL!

I'll have to try out the bottles...

Oh boy Gill, do you want to come help me with my house? lol.

Sure- spackling is so soothing for some ODD reason right now! As long as your boys can follow behind me and touch up the paint we can have your house perfect in a matter of minutes!

...until they spill the paint, LMAO!!

Ohh, paint is a bad thing around my house, DH tried 'sprucing up' the paint in the bathroom since there were marker and crayons and dirty hand prints all over them and instead of moving stuff on the countertop, he just painted around it, of course when we (me and boys) were away on vacation!

Oh yeah, and he did some on the back room too, and my leather sandals and I think the kids ball caps and a couple other things will never be the same again either, talk about a drip, lol.

jdavis said:
Ohh, paint is a bad thing around my house, DH tried 'sprucing up' the paint in the bathroom since there were marker and crayons and dirty hand prints all over them and instead of moving stuff on the countertop, he just painted around it, of course when we (me and boys) were away on vacation!
LMAO!! That is hilarious! I read it out loud to my DH and he laughed too! He would move stuff, but I came downstairs when he was painting his game room to find him wiping drips with my PC towels!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

It was the citrus stripe ones, but still!!

Let's see. Decorator Bottles for spackle. Baker's roller for drywall (curved end to set tape/flat end to smooth) and wallpaper. Handy Scraper for smoothing wallpaper. Stoneware scrapers for cleaning up overpaint on windows, etc. I'm thinking I need to put up a sign at the local hardware store.

raebates said:
Let's see. Decorator Bottles for spackle. Baker's roller for drywall (curved end to set tape/flat end to smooth) and wallpaper. Handy Scraper for smoothing wallpaper. Stoneware scrapers for cleaning up overpaint on windows, etc. I'm thinking I need to put up a sign at the local hardware store.
LMAO, that's a thought there Rae.

You know, I think I may only be half kidding.

We just did two colors of paint downstairs at the chairrail line and I had to tape at the chairrail line. I smoothed the tape down with the handy scraper so the paint wouldn't seap under and it worked really well!!

That is a good ideal! That is something you can tell the husbands!

raebates said:
You know, I think I may only be half kidding.
You never know.

raebates said:

I think you've got something going with that list! Keep it up!:D Another way to get guys to order!

Can you just hear it--hey I need that get your own!

Those are just the items I could think of off the top of my head that my DH has confiscated for use on his various projects. He used an old, wooden Baker's Roller to set the drywall tape on an addition at our church. Ooh, just remembered: I-slice to slice small air bubbles in drywall tape/wallpaper. He's also used broken stones as filler when doing landscaping. (I take care of returns/exchanges for many of my customers. They give me the whole broken stone. I send in the quarter-sized piece, and give the rest to him. Occasionally he'll take me on a "PC" tour of our property.)Now that I really think about it, neither of us is particularly normal.

That is so funny Rae, I never thought about that, but hey, you never know what you can recycle until you try.

You should film the PC tour of your property and send it to HO!

Better yet, take pictures and write an article for Weekly Bites or Consultant's News! Can you just see it now on our supply order--DVD's from Rae.

You're great Rae! We love your ways of thinking!

jdavis said:
That is so funny Rae, I never thought about that, but hey, you never know what you can recycle until you try.

My husband is an amazingly resourceful man. He's constantly coming up with new ways to use old stuff. We call him McGyver. Much of our home is made of and filled with things currently used for other than their originally intended purposes.

pamperedharriet said:
Better yet, take pictures and write an article for Weekly Bites or Consultant's News! Can you just see it now on our supply order--DVD's from Rae.

You're great Rae! We love your ways of thinking!

Thanks, Harriet. That's so sweet. It feels good to be appreciated. Most people just shake their heads and give me strange looks. :rolleyes:

I'm thinkin' me and your hubby would get along just fine, brainstorming how to use all the old stuff around the house, lol.

Rae--tell McGyver that you can use the nylon pan scrapers to smooth caulk in bathtub cracks--it's the best! He'll probably get right to sealing any cracks in your tubs...

:eek: Ooooh--did that sound vulgar? Sorry!!!

Brandie said:
Rae--tell McGyver that you can use the nylon pan scrapers to smooth caulk in bathtub cracks--it's the best! He'll probably get right to sealing any cracks in your tubs...

Brandie said:
:eek: Ooooh--did that sound vulgar? Sorry!!!

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/ashamed0005.gif Umm, uh, not vulgar at all!

Actually, I forgot that he did that when he redid a friend's bathroom a while back. Seriously, I have had to frisk him at the door to make sure he wasn't moving all of my PC stuff to the barn or workshop.

Great thread!!!! My husband & his friends call the Easy Accent
Decorator the caulking gun. So far he hasn't actually used it for
that but I wouldn't put it past him!!!

This is hilarious because my DH and Dad give me a hard time @ selling PC and they say they are going to start their own Pampered Tools catalog. I will have to let them in on this! Hahaha

1. Can the cake decorating bottles be used for anything other than decorating cakes?

Yes, the cake decorating bottles can be used for a variety of purposes such as filling deviled eggs, adding dressing to salads, or drizzling sauces over dishes.

2. What type of material are the cake decorating bottles made of?

The cake decorating bottles are made of durable plastic that is BPA-free and safe for food use.

3. How do you clean the cake decorating bottles?

The cake decorating bottles are dishwasher safe, but can also be easily cleaned by hand with warm soapy water. Make sure to rinse and dry thoroughly before storing.

4. Can the cake decorating bottles be used for hot liquids?

No, the cake decorating bottles are not suitable for use with hot liquids. They are designed for use with room temperature or cold liquids only.

5. Are the cake decorating bottles easy to use?

Yes, the cake decorating bottles have a simple design and are easy to use. Simply fill with your desired liquid, twist on the top, and squeeze to dispense. The bottles also come with various tips for different decorating techniques.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • christina78
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • GourmetGirl