• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

aNote From My Director About Wine Glasses

In summary, the wine glasses that are sold by The Pampered Chef must be handwashed only because the dots will wash off.
confusedturtle
Gold Member
My director emailed me today about the wine glasses. She said that in the product use and care tips it says hand wash only, and that is very important because the dots will wash off. She said someone put theirs is standing water during a show and when she returned all but the purple dots had come off. My director put hers into the dishwasher and the dots came off of hers too. So be sure to stress to anyone who buys them that they must be hand washed and not allowed to soak. I can't figure out how to attach her email so I will ccp it to the thread:

Subject: Fwd: [pcexecs] Wine Glass Warning

from

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to give you and your teams a heads up. When the use and care
card says hand wash only. THEY MEAN IT!

I had a party the other night, and one of my friends put one of the glasses
accidentally in the dishwasher. Another friend put one in the sink and it
was in standing water.

Well you can imagine what happened, I pulled out two glasses without any
more polkadots! Well actually the purple ones are still there. I guess they
used better ink on those. lol.

Anyway, if you see someone order them, please remind your customer to hand
wash ONLY!

chasing polka dots down the drain,

--
Well I took out the names on this so it can stay posted. I wasn't bashing the products or anything, I didn't order the glasses on my supply order so I do not have first hand experience with these. I just wanted to pass along the letter from my director. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.

I'm a little annoyed at the products we have that are hand-wash only. I don't have time to hasnd-wash everything. And other companies make products like this that can be washed in the dishwasher.

mini-vent over :)

Yes, there was another thread on this already a day or so ago.

Wow, this sounds pretty untypical for products sold by The Pampered Chef. Usually the quality is one of the more outstanding features.

These are great quality - defintiely up to Pampered Chef standards! I have had a lot of wine glasses and we always shudder and worry when they have such long stems. These are well balanced. Thin glass but not fragile. I have washed one of the glasses many times (we often have a glass of wine with or after dinner and I've used it for lemonade and other things too...) and all my dots are intact.

Tell your guests to treat them like fine glassware and they won't have a problem. Hand wash. These glasses are painted (as are the Holiday plates) so they need that little bit of extra care.

Where is that thread anyway? Multiple searches have turned up nothing.

Jillybill said:
Where is that thread anyway? Multiple searches have turned up nothing.

I read the other thread and I can't find it either. Could it have been deleted?

How interesting...I posted in it and can't find it...

Yup, googled and it is GONE!

Maybe someone mentioned in the thread didn't want to be mentioned and asked to have the thread removed. Hmmm... Does anyone remember who started the thread?

don't remember who started it but it was something like "new stemware dot... disappearing"

I think it was cindycooks, the one with the baby asleep in the bowl as her avatar. Title had the word melted in it too. The dots melted.

The thread is gone and I don't know why!!! Very strange!

I am starting to think it's a mass hallucination.

no we all talked in it or about it and its now on longer there. I too got the email from my director.

Well I didn't get the email but I definitely remember reading about the dots melting and Bethcooks4U said she used them a few times and had no problems with washing them and a few other people commenting.

Geekgirl69 said:
I think it was cindycooks, the one with the baby asleep in the bowl as her avatar. Title had the word melted in it too. The dots melted.

riiiiight... melted. I knew disappearing didn't look right!

I know we are not ALL crazy. Let me rephrase... we may very well all be crazy, but we aren't imainging that thread. :)

it was there! I read everyone's posts.....now along w/all the other dots it has mysteriously dissappeared!:eek:

I think we all were hallucinating.:p

Wow...so I wonder what happened?! Will this thread disappear or melt too?!

pampered.chris said:
Wow...so I wonder what happened?! Will this thread disappear or melt too?!

THAT'S what happened!! :rolleyes: It MELTED! :cool:

I think so Beth :)

Don't understand why it would have been deleted, kind of strange. Maybe we have a CS ghost!

just a thought.......remember when someone copied an email that was sent to them, maybe the person that originally sent the email wanted his name removed from the post. I don't know though......just guessing. But, I definitely remember reading the thread yesterday!!

but all you would have to do is edit the post...not delete the entire thread. This sounds strange to me. I don't remember reading anything that sounded like PC bashing or anything even close...just concern over the problem.

Do the plates say they are hand painted? I didn't read the use and care, but I looked at them and it looks like some sort of...well, I'm not sure. Its not a sticker, but kind of like a sticker. The colors on the back don't show through like it would if it was painted. Its like there is a film over it. Maybe I'm just not up to date on hand painting. Maybe its some sort of sealer.

BethCooks4U said:
I think we all were hallucinating.:p

...or drinking too much wine from the wine glasses! ;)

I remember the thread too. Isn't only the person who created the thread or Greg able to delete a thread? (Just learned a little while ago that we could even delete our own threads!!)

kam said:
...or drinking too much wine from the wine glasses! ;)

I remember the thread too. Isn't only the person who created the thread or Greg able to delete a thread? (Just learned a little while ago that we could even delete our own threads!!)

Ah! That probably IS it!

You are right. Only the thread starter and the administrator can delete a thread. I didn't remember anything wrong in it either.

The only think I can figure about it was someone quoted an email from David M and maybe he requested that it get deleted?

This thread started with an email but I see she now edited it to take names off of it. ...so that's probably it.

Exactly beth! She edited it and took the names off.

Could be Beth. I hadn't gone back to the beginning of this one to see the edits. Oh well, we may never know. I hope no-one got their feelings hurt over it though - seemed innocent enough to me.

OK~now that the "melted" thread has been figured out, can anyone tell me how to transport the glasses to a show and not have them break????????????????

I took 2 to my show last night, and one broke.......I had them individually wrapped in bubble wrap and not near anything that could push against them!!!!!

chefmeg said:
OK~now that the "melted" thread has been figured out, can anyone tell me how to transport the glasses to a show and not have them break????????????????

I took 2 to my show last night, and one broke.......I had them individually wrapped in bubble wrap and not near anything that could push against them!!!!!

Stuff a sock in the cup, wrap in bubble wrap & travel with it securely on your front seat. Carry it in separately from everything else. That's the only was I can think of.

kinda gives a whole new meaning to "put a sock in it" doesn't it?~!

chefmeg said:
kinda gives a whole new meaning to "put a sock in it" doesn't it?~!

that is exactly what I typed at first. Thank goodness I re-read it before I posted.

Has anyone else not received their sample order stemware? I didn't receive the stemware or the drink charms. Order slip stated it was on backorder. I don't see it on the backorder list on cc though.:confused:

lissahope26 said:
Has anyone else not received their sample order stemware? I didn't receive the stemware or the drink charms. Order slip stated it was on backorder. I don't see it on the backorder list on cc though.:confused:

I don't think they've started shipping the sample orders of the stemware yet. My director set of wine glasses arrived broken and as of yesterday, it's still backordered to get the replacement too.

The bamboo bowls are starting to come too - Got my director and SAT bowls/charms but not the sample ones (wanted 3 bowls for my SA stand).

You're not hallucinating!!! You're not all crazy!!!

I deleted the thread due to a PM I got from a member here that the person that originated the email at the top of THIS thread was in trouble for writing this and that person knew about the thread. And being as his/her name was all over the thread (since the email had been "quoted" a few times) it was easier to just remove the whole thread that contact each person who had quoted the email to remove their posting, again per his/her request to the person that contacted me.

On a follow up note - I told y'all that I had carefully handwashed my glass without scrubbing and lost some dots. I finally heard back from HO yesterday. They are having me return the glass - and thank goodness I have the original box still for padding. Returning something under 30 days is usually unheard of. This was the head honcho in quality control and they want to inspect the glass. I got the feeling I am not the only one. On a good note - I'm getting a whole new set of glasses!

Last edited:
Cindycooks said:
You're not hallucinating!!! You're not all crazy!!!

I deleted the thread due to a PM I got from a member here that the person that originated the email at the top of THIS thread was in trouble for writing this and that person knew about the thread. And being as his/her name was all over the thread (since the email had been "quoted" a few times) it was easier to just remove the whole thread that contact each person who had quoted the email to remove their posting, again per his/her request to the person that contacted me.

On a follow up note - I told y'all that I had carefully handwashed my glass without scrubbing and lost some dots. I finally heard back from HO yesterday. They are having me return the glass - and thank goodness I have the original glass still for padding. Returning something under 30 days is usually unheard of. This was the head honcho in quality control and they want to inspect the glass. I got the feeling I am not the only one. On a good note - I'm getting a whole new set of glasses!

Aha! The mystery is solved. Makes sense about why you deleted it. I'm glad they want to see what's going on. I've only used mine once and hand washed it quickly and carefully and they dots seem fine. But now I am bummed about promoting this to customers. I want to warn them, but with all the stipulations of warning them, I think people will just say forget it and not order them.

I agree about transporting them to shows, too! I want to bring them, but haven't figured out a good way to do it other than just hand carrying it all wrapped up.

pamperedbecky said:
Aha! The mystery is solved. Makes sense about why you deleted it. I'm glad they want to see what's going on. I've only used mine once and hand washed it quickly and carefully and they dots seem fine. But now I am bummed about promoting this to customers. I want to warn them, but with all the stipulations of warning them, I think people will just say forget it and not order them.

I agree about transporting them to shows, too! I want to bring them, but haven't figured out a good way to do it other than just hand carrying it all wrapped up.

People who like nice wine glasses will love them and they will know how to take care of them. I plan on just telling them to treat them as they would any fine glassware and remind them that the dots are painted on. People who are willing to spend that for 4 glasses know that means they have to be careful.

As for transporting them - I know for a fact that I will not take more than one and I will be VERY careful with it.

Thanks for the clarification Cindy. Maybe I should call HO too - after further inspecting my glasses I've noticed that some of my dots are chipping - the green dots. I've only used two of them one time so I have no idea if it's one I used or not.

I'm a little worried about this item.

Not good Linda :(

People who like nice wine glasses will love them and they will know how to take care of them. I plan on just telling them to treat them as they would any fine glassware and remind them that the dots are painted on.
I know what you are saying Beth - I have my grandmothers fine china and crystal - all of that gets carefully handwashed and I've never had a problem - I treated this wine glass the same way. Thats why I'm so bummed! I really think with the holidays right around the corner, these will be big sellers. I think within the next couple weeks we will all be hearing something from HO on this.

Cindycooks said:
Not good Linda :(

I know what you are saying Beth - I have my grandmothers fine china and crystal - all of that gets carefully handwashed and I've never had a problem - I treated this wine glass the same way. Thats why I'm so bummed! I really think with the holidays right around the corner, these will be big sellers. I think within the next couple weeks we will all be hearing something from HO on this.

I am sure of that. I am just afraid that yet again we'll see a stop sell.

If we do have a stop sell, I hope it is before customers get them and complain. I'd much rather tell my guests that I can't sell it b/c of quality than to have an unhappy customer spread the word.

pamperedlinda said:
If we do have a stop sell, I hope it is before customers get them and complain. I'd much rather tell my guests that I can't sell it b/c of quality than to have an unhappy customer spread the word.

Me, too! I think it speaks volumes about how much we and HO care about our customers when we can say, "This isn't available so that we can get it completely right." instead of, "Sorry you're having those problems, but there's nothing I can do about it."

Makes me wonder tho.....don't you think someone would have/should have checked for these issues BEFORE releasing the glasses?

Oh, absolutely! My DH works as a test lab engineer, testing items before (and after) they go to full scale production. He works in the automotive industry, but any manufacturer should do similar testing.

1. Are the wine glasses dishwasher safe?

No, the wine glasses from Pampered Chef are not dishwasher safe. It is important to hand wash them to avoid the dots on the glasses from coming off.

2. Why is it important to hand wash the wine glasses?

The dots on the wine glasses are not resistant to high temperatures and harsh chemicals, making them vulnerable to coming off in the dishwasher. Hand washing ensures the longevity of the dots on the glasses.

3. Can the wine glasses be allowed to soak?

No, the wine glasses should not be allowed to soak in standing water. This could cause the dots to come off as they are not resistant to prolonged exposure to water.

4. What happens if the wine glasses are put in the dishwasher or allowed to soak?

If the wine glasses are put in the dishwasher or allowed to soak, the dots on the glasses may come off, leaving the glass without the polka dot design.

5. Can customers still purchase the wine glasses even though they need to be hand washed?

Yes, customers can still purchase the wine glasses from Pampered Chef. It is important to remind them to hand wash the glasses to maintain the dots on the glass and avoid any damage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rockyrhode
Replies
Views
Staci
  • kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg