• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dots "Melted" off My New Wine Glasses

In summary, several consultants have reported that the dots on their new wine glasses are washing away.
Cindycooks
Silver Member
Do any of you have the Use and Care guide handy on our new dots wine glasses? I can't locate mine - hope it didnt get thrown out accidently and it is not up on cc yet. I have used one glass. Washed it last night in hot water like you normally would glasses. Did NOT run it thru the dishwasher even tho I was tempted. Half of the dots are gone - its like they washed away! I am going to email HO but wanted to see if any of you had a guide first. Cant believe this!!!!

how bizarre! I have it right here....hand wash only, do not soak. did you let them sit in the dish water?

Wow, that is bad! I don't have any yet, but hope it's not going to be that way for a lot of them. It especially worries me because of the limited guarantee!

Yep - that's what's happening even with handwash only. Let me dig up the e-mail I just got from my director.

Nope - just washed it as normal - you know in the water, a little dish detergent, rinsed and drained. This is bad - lots of people wont even bother to read the thing you know and will just let them soak. And I wonder how long "soak" means. Lots of people put things in the water for awhile. Scary

omg not good.

I can't believe Crystal and Cindy that's terrible. I hope this is a one time thing!

The e-mail from my director is just about the dishwasher, but she has since told me that it's happening to loads of consultants that are just handwashing like they do other dishes. I personally do not have them, but have heard of this. Crazy.

oh this makes me mad! I know they test products first. I was going to give these as a wedding gift along with the wine opener and pourer thingy.

Headed to a show - I'll check in later.

Oh no! I'd definately call HO & let them know. And you know these are going to be hot sellers too.

As soon as HO realizes this may be a problem, they will likely consider a stop-sell. Remember the sheet pans...when HO realized they were discolouring, they told the manufacturer to fix it before anymore could be sold...and then they replaced everyone's for free. Pampered Chef will pull an item from the catalog before they let a sub-standard product on the street with their name on it. (One of the reasons I respect this company so much)

Oh I am SO bummed!! I love these dots glasses! I haven't used mine yet and was sad to see they weren't dishwasher safe, but I guess I wasn't too surprised. But then this??! That's a huge bummer. Oh man. I may not push these as much as I was planning to. I wonder if we see a stop sell in our future if lots of consultants have been having this problem.

This message was forwarded to my cluster's yahoo group today. Looks like it was forwarded originally from David Meenan:

"from David Meenan
>> >
>> Hey everyone,
>>
>> Just wanted to give you and your teams a heads up. When the use and care
>> card says hand wash only. THEY MEAN IT!"
>>
>> I had a party the other night, and one of my friends put one of the
>> glasses
>> accidentally in the dishwasher. Another friend put one in the sink and
>> it
>> was in standing water.
>>
>> Well you can imagine what happened, I pulled out two glasses without any
>> more polkadots! Well actually the purple ones are still there. I guess
>> they
>> used better ink on those. lol.
>>
>> Anyway, if you see someone order them, please remind your customer to
>> hand
>> wash ONLY
>> >
>> chasing polka dots down the drain,

I've only used mine once and so far I still have dots! I'll be real careful though. Thanks for the heads-up. I have a feeling we'll be hearing from HO real soon on this one...

I have washed one of my glasses several times without a problem but I don't soak it in water at all - I fill the glass with soapy water and swish/rinse it clean.

I do that with all stemmed glasses (I've broken too many putting them in the dishwater in the past) - personally, I would never put a stemmed glass in the dishwasher for fear of breakage and certainly not glasses of the quality/cost of ours!

Please! I hope they fix it before the season - please no stop sells this time!!:eek:

Okay I wanna know when you all got yours i ordered mine the 1st day we could order samples and i haven't received mine and i could really use them for my open house

I have only hand washed them once~drinking a glass now, will test drive a 2nd washing and let ya'll know what happens!

BethCooks4U said:
I have washed one of my glasses several times without a problem but I don't soak it in water at all - I fill the glass with soapy water and swish/rinse it clean.

I do that with all stemmed glasses (I've broken too many putting them in the dishwater in the past) - personally, I would never put a stemmed glass in the dishwasher for fear of breakage and certainly not glasses of the quality/cost of ours!

Please! I hope they fix it before the season - please no stop sells this time!!:eek:

Maybe this is the way to wash them. Not to use a sponge or towel on the exterior of the glass? My mom kept my champagne flutes from proms and when she gave them to me, I let someone use them one night. When I was washing the glass I swished the inside then started using a sponge on the outside and took off the design and words. I was a little bummed at first but then figured no big deal, that was over 10 years ago and my date sucked. LOL!!
I don't have these and wasn't planning to get them, but I don't want my customers to get bad products.

christinaspc said:
Okay I wanna know when you all got yours i ordered mine the 1st day we could order samples and i haven't received mine and i could really use them for my open house

Mine that I got were the ones I earned from sellathon.

I haven't gotten mine either. They said they were on backorder.

wow - i am glad to know i am not the only 'whino' in the bunch here!! LOL Believe it or not, thoe glasses were my favorite from the new seasons products - simply b/c i love wine and i adore the dot collection! I am glad i didn't order them. I couldn't justify the cost - I was too afraid i would break them bringing them to a show. I am sure they are already aware of the problem but I would imagine tons were allready made so they would have to stop sell.

NOOOOO!! I'm planning to use these in a basket for a fundraising auction!! This is going to be a way to get my name out there for alot of 'high end' customers! I can't put these glasses in if there's going to be a problem! What kind of reputation would I have, then?

Ergg, if anyone hears from HO, please post!

Bren706 said:
This message was forwarded to my cluster's yahoo group today. Looks like it was forwarded originally from David Meenan:

"from David Meenan
>> >
>> Hey everyone,
>>
>> Just wanted to give you and your teams a heads up. When the use and care
>> card says hand wash only. THEY MEAN IT!"
>>
>> I had a party the other night, and one of my friends put one of the
>> glasses
>> accidentally in the dishwasher. Another friend put one in the sink and
>> it
>> was in standing water.
>>
>> Well you can imagine what happened, I pulled out two glasses without any
>> more polkadots! Well actually the purple ones are still there. I guess
>> they
>> used better ink on those. lol.
>>
>> Anyway, if you see someone order them, please remind your customer to
>> hand
>> wash ONLY
>> >
>> chasing polka dots down the drain,

I got the same e-mail about 3:30 from my ED.

In the Product Room at NC they told me to only handwash and "don't scrub" or the dots would come off...

I have handwashed them once and I still have dots. I hope they do not come off. I would hate for them to stop sell on them, but I don't want to deal with the returning of all the glasses my customers buy. I am sure they will fix it.

Ann F said:
In the Product Room at NC they told me to only handwash and "don't scrub" or the dots would come off...

Seriously?? That seems crazy to me that they would sell them under those conditions. Especially after a glass or two of wine, they are very likely to get scrubbed or soaked!

Makes me sad, they were one of my fav new products!

People have really gotten lazy lately - my SIL always washes her wine glasses in the dishwasher and I about fell over - I NEVER have and never will. They don't go in there - they get handwashed! Even if I bought them at the Dollar Store! ;)

I have a hand-painted wine glass that will never touch the dishwasher, either, and I'm assuming that we'll have to treat these glasses as hand-painted, as well. My DH already knows not to touch anything that's glass or has the PC logo on it (or he gets 30 lashes with a wet noodle!) so I think I'm safe.

Definitely a bummer that they are coming off, but it sounds like it may be happening only when they go in the dishwasher, are soaked, or get "scrubbed", correct?

Are the glasses advertised as hand painted?

They are painted - but I have not seen anything that says hand-painted. My hope is that the stop-sell will happen before Sept. 1. OR - I may have my own stop sell on them. Honestly, my other concern is the holiday plates - will the paint come off of them also?

but see I DID NOT SCRUB! I just swished a rag around the inside - the outside just got rinsed in hot water and then I let it air dry. Nothing touched the outside but the rinse water and the dots still came off!

I am calling HO today, just didnt have time last night. I will let y'all know what they say.

I just read the tail end of this thread and don't know if this has been said yet....don't even soak the glasses or the dots will come off!

ljeffries said:
They are painted - but I have not seen anything that says hand-painted. My hope is that the stop-sell will happen before Sept. 1. OR - I may have my own stop sell on them. Honestly, my other concern is the holiday plates - will the paint come off of them also?

The holiday plates are fortunately fused glass - meaning the paint is in the middle of two glass pieces fused together. So no, the plates' paint will not come off and they are dishwasher safe (in so much as glass ever is).

I am sad about these Dots glasses and rethinking buying my set from the sample area! Even at $21 sample price that's a lot of money for rubbed off paint.

The plates aren't fused like they are said to be. The glass maybe but if you feel the back of the plates you can feel AND scratch the tree on it. Thats one reason I'm not a fan of the plates. I felt the plates at conference and at a director's home the other night and each time the tree is on the back of the glass not in the middle.

Jillybill said:
The holiday plates are fortunately fused glass - meaning the paint is in the middle of two glass pieces fused together. So no, the plates' paint will not come off and they are dishwasher safe (in so much as glass ever is).

I am sad about these Dots glasses and rethinking buying my set from the sample area! Even at $21 sample price that's a lot of money for rubbed off paint.

The paint on the plates is on the back of the plate and they are NOT dishwasher safe. They are hand wash only.

Items like the holiday plates and dots stemware are always handwashed by me in my house - no matter how little or much I pay for them. They need extra care if you want to use them for a long time. Much like gold or platinum trimmed glasses and dishes.

maybe for the plates, it would be best not to submerge them, but to wipe clean with a sudsy cloth!?!
I ordered my dots stemware yesterday, before this post started. Now I am rethinking it.
has anyone contact HO yet to tell them about this problem??

BethCooks4U said:
The paint on the plates is on the back of the plate and they are NOT dishwasher safe. They are hand wash only.

Items like the holiday plates and dots stemware are always handwashed by me in my house - no matter how little or much I pay for them. They need extra care if you want to use them for a long time. Much like gold or platinum trimmed glasses and dishes.

Yep - I have nice Waterford crystal stemware (from my wedding) and it has gold trim on the rim. My mom was washing them for me one day, and had them soaking in the sink (UH OH!) - the trim just came right off of one of them - she felt so bad! It ended up being ok - my MIL was finishing off my set every Christmas, and they discontinued the gold-trimmed type, so she just go the regular, and I ended up washing off the gold trim on all of them. They don't match my gold-trimmed china and flatware anymore, but they're still pretty - oh, well! ;)

my holiday platter came with a big scratch across the trees. I did an adjustment online it immediately said it didn't want it returned, got an email 10 minutes later saying return was not required and just before we left for vacation an email saying a label was being sent for me to return it. UUUHHHHMMMM IT'S ALREADY BEEN TRASHED I was on hold forever and then a supervisor said we really need it back, I told him trash had already gone for the day and he told me he wasn't sure what they needed to do now. I ACTUALLY LAUGHED and then he realized how ridiculous it sounded & told me he'd make notes on the ref. # and not to worry about returning it.

so i just called ho and they couldn't tell me when my glasses would ship just sometime she said if i don't have them in another week or so to call back i am thinking whatever lady you should have some time of eta.

1. What are the care instructions for Pampered Chef's new dots wine glasses?

The care instructions for our new dots wine glasses are to hand wash them in hot water, rather than running them through the dishwasher. This will help preserve the dots on the glass.

2. Is there a Use and Care guide available for the dots wine glasses?

Yes, there is a Use and Care guide for our dots wine glasses. You can find it on our website or request a physical copy from our customer service team.

3. I used one of the glasses and washed it in hot water, but the dots disappeared. What happened?

The dots on our wine glasses are made to withstand hand washing in hot water. However, if the water is too hot or the glass is scrubbed too vigorously, the dots may fade or rub off. We recommend using warm water and a gentle touch when washing these glasses.

4. Can I put the dots wine glasses in the dishwasher?

No, we do not recommend running our dots wine glasses through the dishwasher. The high temperature and harsh detergent can cause the dots to fade or rub off.

5. What should I do if the dots on my wine glass have disappeared?

If you have followed the care instructions and the dots on your wine glass have still disappeared, please contact our customer service team. We would be happy to assist you with a replacement or refund.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• confusedturtle
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • pcmealswithme
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
csnteacher
Replies