• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Announcements Letter to Downline?

In summary, many people are unhappy with the new career plan. They feel like they are not doing enough and would like to change that.
OhmyDLM
Silver Member
Hi everyone,

I noticed a lot of chatter on Chef Success regarding consultants getting letters from their upline Director's from which they haven't heard from in forever since the announcement of the new carreer plan. Well... I'm interested in being one of those Director's who's coming out of the woodwork! LoL The new carreer plan and the awesome motivation I got from Leadership has inspired me to want to do a better job at being a Director. There are people on my extended team who I don't even know/have never talked to, I'd like to change that.

Does anyone have a copy of this letter others were mentioning or have created their own they would like to share? I'd like to introduce myself (my re-invented self) to my team again and get the ball rolling! Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

<3 Darcy

I too will be "coming out" but I am going to do so in a personal call. But a follow up letter would be good.

It is my goal to reach out to those that I know have left the business within the past 6 months to see if they would like to get active again.

I am by no means complaining about the active ones I have, but it sure would be nice to have more participate in ANYTHING!!! Even an e-mail back would be a start.

I just posted the same question on Chef Success so hopefully someone who got one will share with us!

With some of the attitudes over there, I hope that they will share and not be snippy about it....

pamperedlinda said:
With some of the attitudes over there, I hope that they will share and not be snippy about it....

No kidding! Di (Di_Can_Cook) is really getting on my nerves.

Oh really, I haven't read deep enough to see anything, just saw a few comments about being sent a letter from their upline who they never hear from... I guess I should take some time and look a little further huh.

Are a lot of people not happy with the new career plan? I really wasn't at first when it was announced, I guess scared is more the word for it. But now that I've had some time to let it absorb and to take an honest to goodness look at the job I've been doing, I can see where there is SO much room for improvement and that this will help me to be a better Director... just took me a moment to see it that way :)

DebbieJ said:
No kidding! Di (Di_Can_Cook) is really getting on my nerves.

absolutely! I don't think anything short of giving her money for nothing will make her happy.

pamperedlinda said:
absolutely! I don't think anything short of giving her money for nothing will make her happy.

HA HA! ChefAnn was telling me a bit about her and her commitment to being an unhappy person!

I think we all have had our moments of "examining" and have had hesitations about the career path, however, I believe that more true leaders will emerge. Chef Ann made one comment about a Leadership workshop she attended that made me feel better about a concern I had about hobbiests being given more pressure. She told us that they were told it would not make the hobbiests disappear but it would make the deadbeats disappear!

Yesterday CNN website had an eight question quiz about being an entrepenur (obviously, you do not need to spell it correctly to succeed!!). The inventor of the Segway and a past top exec. at Apple both said that thinking positive even when others that are well meaning think you are nuts and need to focus on something more tried and true to succeed in life. They said you almost have to be oblivious to failure...sort of like the Gov. of Illinois!!!

All joking aside, they said those that succeed endure every sort of set back and look at it as an opportunity to grow and make their business or product better. Building a team is like losing weight...you may feel like you are putting your all into it, but just when you think it is a waste of time...you start to see results. Here is to forward thinking instead of stickin' thinkin'!:approve::party:

finley1991 said:
ha ha! Chefann was telling me a bit about her and her commitment to being an unhappy person!
roflmao!!!!!!

finley1991 said:
HA HA! ChefAnn was telling me a bit about her and her commitment to being an unhappy person!

LOL - that is very true!

baychef said:
both said that thinking positive even when others that are well meaning think you are nuts and need to focus on something more tried and true to succeed in life.

My sister picked me up from the airport Saturday night. We were talking about the conference and I told her about the Negative Nellie that I sat next to during the product reveal. She hated EVERYTHING! And I mean EVERYTHING!!!! My sister said, "Well, that's her failure reinforcement." That really struck a chord with me. There are some people who, no matter what happens, view the event as just another thing that reinforces their failure so they don't even have to make an attempt to succeed. They give up before they try... sad really.

Thankfully, we have the positive views to take advantage of the amazing plan HO has put in front of us!

DebbieJ said:
roflmao!!!!!!

Me too!!! That is SO funny.

Yes, I was almost dreading gonig on CS to see all the dissatisfaction being expressed. I haven't looked at every post, but overall it seems that there isn't as much negativity as I was expecting. Of course, I did see some of it, but overall it's better than I thought. Or maybe that's because not everyone understands it yet.:blushing:

I loved Ann's mention too of that quote from the workshop about weeding out the deadbeats!!!

finley1991 said:
I told her about the Negative Nellie that I sat next to during the product reveal. She hated EVERYTHING! And I mean EVERYTHING!!!!

I would have had to belt her one, if not physically, verbally!! (trust me...I am all bark and no bite!!)

Working in my day job...I have come to know that there are those that you just don't say..."Hey, how are you?" I know a woman who has been down on her luck for 20 years or more!!!! They not only are unhappy, they seek unhappiness and seek nothing more. It is like they are so far into this lifestyle that they do not know they are doing it and it is how they eat, drink and sleep.

We also have our share of "s**t stirrers" If their hand isn't on the paddle stirring, they will find a mole hill and add so much "compost" to it, it becomes a very fertile mountain!!!

Luckily, not many people fall into these catagories but when they do, they certainly stick out like a sore thumb!!:grumpy:

I am excited about the new plan. I will have to work harder (I have a lot of ho-hums on my team), but I will be so much better a director and make more $$ once the dust settles. I am seriously looking at how I recruit and who I talk to.

I feel the same way! I know I have my work cut out for me, but it will pay off:money:!!!

i read the stuff on CS and sometimes i REALLY want to comment but no that it doesn't matter and its not worth it to me to waste my time, i usually go there for flyers and stuff and scan the threads...but when I want serious PC stuff here is where its at :)

I am with all of you, I think the new career plan will be great but work is involved so i need to step to it :) So glad we all have each other for support :)

I have to tell you all that I stayed off of CS for about 3 weeks and didn't miss a dog-gone thing! I went over there last week knowing the new products & announcements would be there first rather than here, & I cannot believe the comments from people! Di is seriously a problem, but I had figured that out during the election discussions. I found one person to be really insulting~they stated "where are the pictures of the new products? I can't believe the people at Leadership are waiting this long to post them".
It took everything I had not to reply to that~my fingers were itching to type out a smarta$$ reply, but I tried to take the high road and just decided to sign off! :devil:

chefmeg said:
I have to tell you all that I stayed off of CS for about 3 weeks and didn't miss a dog-gone thing! I went over there last week knowing the new products & announcements would be there first rather than here, & I cannot believe the comments from people! Di is seriously a problem, but I had figured that out during the election discussions. I found one person to be really insulting~they stated "where are the pictures of the new products? I can't believe the people at Leadership are waiting this long to post them".It took everything I had not to reply to that~my fingers were itching to type out a smarta$$ reply, but I tried to take the high road and just decided to sign off! :devil:

i know! lol....obviously they have never gone or they'd know there isn't much time to do stuff like that..unless you don't sleep..lol...
i was truly grateful to all info i received during that time bc i know how busy they were...

The new products room was so crowded when I went that I didn't even try to take pictures.

I did get this one of me and Ann though

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc293/lindachild/005-3.jpg

you guys look great!

How was Denver? I mean, I know how Leadership was, but how was Denver????

Super cute Lidna!

Here's what I have come up with, what do you think???

January 14, 2009

Dear Madden Cluster Team Member:

I hope this letter finds you doing well and enjoying your New Year thus far. I’m so excited for the possibilities and potential that 2009 holds for us all! I am writing this letter to you because I just returned home from Pampered Chef’s Leadership Summit in gorgeous Denver, CO. While there, Pampered Chef announced some wonderful new promotions and an exciting new career plan that I’m very anxious to share with you all.

I’d like to start off by stating that this letter has a purpose. As I was sitting at Leadership and listening to the announcements, I had what I would like to describe as a “wake-up call”. It’s obvious that I need to be doing a better job with communicating with each and every one of you. There are some of you on my extended team whom I have never spoken with before and I’d truly like to change that! It’s my job to be here as your support system and also as your trainer, along with your recruiter, and I feel like you deserve more from me. I am NOT writing this letter because I am in danger of losing Directorship; this is so not about me at this point. I’m not in danger because you have done such a great job of doing yours! However, I don’t feel like you should be left in this alone. I want to do better with communication in 09 and have vowed to reach out to those beyond my immediate group so that I can be more effective for the whole team. This year my goal as a Director is to help YOU get what YOU want out of this business. We all don’t want the same things, and it’s my job to help you achieve the goals that are right for YOU!

Pampered Chef is deciding to give us a raise when other companies are laying people off. That truly is amazing! I am so excited for all the spectacular and generous announcements, the new spring product line, and the opportunity to earn MORE MONEY and PROMOTIONS faster than ever before with The Pampered Chef's New Career Plan.

Here's a little bit about our New Career Plan:
New and Seasoned Consultants can start earning and promoting FASTER with the first recruit!!!

1% overrides on your first recruit and promotion to "Senior Consultant" Level
2% overrides on your second recruit and promotion to "Team Leader" Level
3% overrides with your fourth recruit and promotion to "Director" Level

Want to know more? I urge you all to go to Consultants Corner, Choose "New Career Plan” and watch and listen to Part 1 for all the exciting details. Total time is 29 minutes and you can watch it in increments that work for your schedule.

I’m also attaching a goal sheet for you. In order for me to help you achieve the goals that you have set for yourself, I’d really like to know more about each of you individually. If you could please fill out that goal sheet and send it back to me, that will be a great start in us partnering together for your success. All goal sheets that are filled out and returned to me by Sunday, January 25th will be entered into a special product prize drawing that evening for a BRAND NEW Spring/Summer 09 product!

I’ll conclude this letter by thanking you all for being a part of my overall organization. I also hope that you can accept my sincere vow to stay in better communication in 09. TOGETHER WE ACHIEVE MORE (T.E.A.M.) and I’m looking forward to helping you achieve all that you desire with your Pampered Chef business!

Sincerely,
Darcy L. Madden
Independent Sales Director, The Pampered Chef

Now, here's a question, who's got a great goal sheet for me to give to them???

Your letter is awesome!!!

fabulous letter Darcy! I don't have an extended team, but I'm saving this one.

OhmyDLM said:
Now, here's a question, who's got a great goal sheet for me to give to them???

Boy you demand a lot from us!:D:D:D

As usual...I have nothing for you!:blushing:

Linda...thanks for sharing the picture of you and Ann! Wonderful picture!

Ok, for those who need attachments, this is what I'm thinking of sending.

The two paged-intro letter
The Help Me Help You goal sheet
& the standard Consultant Goal sheet from Consultants Corner.

All together I'll print them two sided so there will only be two sheets in each envelope. Think this is a good plan?

Attachments

• Madden Cluster Spring Letter.doc
    49.5 KB · Views: 183
  • Madden Cluster Spring Letter.doc
    49.5 KB · Views: 209
  • Help Me Help You Goal Setting.doc
    29 KB · Views: 215
  • Help Me Help You Goal Setting.doc
    29 KB · Views: 215
  • Consultant Goal Worksheet.pdf
    117.7 KB · Views: 224
  • Consultant Goal Worksheet.pdf
    117.7 KB · Views: 216
baychef said:
Boy you demand a lot from us!:D:D:D

As usual...I have nothing for you!:blushing:

I've always been demanding :)

Thanks Darcy these are awesome!!!
I'm going to borrow it :)

WOW Darcy - you are good! Wish I was on your team!

Thanks for posting those goal sheets. I have been wanting to send my team members one but didn't have it. I love them both.

Related to Announcements Letter to Downline?

1. "What is an announcement letter to downline?"

An announcement letter to downline is a letter that a Director sends out to their team to inform them of any changes, updates, or new initiatives within the company. It is a way for the Director to communicate with their team and keep them informed and motivated.

2. "Why do Directors send out announcement letters to downline?"

Directors send out announcement letters to downline to keep their team informed and motivated. It is also a way for the Director to introduce themselves, share their goals and vision, and encourage their team to reach their own goals.

3. "What should be included in an announcement letter to downline?"

An announcement letter to downline should include a personal introduction, a summary of any changes or updates, the Director's goals and vision for the team, and words of encouragement and motivation for the team to reach their own goals. It can also include any important deadlines or events that the team should be aware of.

4. "Can I personalize the announcement letter to downline for my team?"

Yes, you can personalize the announcement letter to downline for your team. In fact, it is recommended to make the letter more personal and relatable to your team. You can include personal anecdotes or experiences, as well as tailor the letter to address any specific concerns or questions your team may have.

5. "Do I have to use a template for the announcement letter to downline?"

No, you do not have to use a template for the announcement letter to downline. While there are templates available, it is not required to use them. You can create your own letter or use a template as a guide and make changes to personalize it for your team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• OhmyDLM
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chef_goods
  • janezapchef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • OhmyDLM