• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

forThose Who Have Received Letters From Their Upline...

In summary, a director got motivated by the new career plan and decided to start fresh with her team. She shared her story and how she got motivated and offered to talk to her recruits weekly.
OhmyDLM
Silver Member
Hi everyone,

I noticed a lot of chatter here on Chef Success regarding consultants getting letters from their upline Director's from which they haven't heard from in forever since the announcement of the new carreer plan. Well... I'm interested in being one of those Director's who's "coming out" of the woodwork! LoL The new carreer plan and the awesome motivation I got from Leadership has inspired me to want to do a better job at being a Director. There are people on my extended team who I don't even know/have never talked to, I'd like to change that.

Does anyone have a copy of this letter others were mentioning or have created their own they would like to share? I'd like to introduce myself (my re-invented self) to my team again and get the ball rolling! Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

<3 Darcy

Don't have one since my ED is my Director and I'm in her first line and she communicates a lot.But, wanted to say way to go on getting motivated.

Thanks Janet, you know, I've been needing a swift kick in the pants, and I think this year's leadership conference was the one to give it to me. I've been wanting to make a change in my business and this is just the motivation to do it. I'm hoping someone else's Director needed the same "swift kick" and they'll share what they got from them!

Off topic - but Darcy - were you in the Recruiting Leads from Every Show on the last day? It was with Becca & Susan. I think I saw you headed to the front, but I couldn't get your attention. Or, maybe it was the first day in the Connecting on Main Street class. Were you in either? LOL

I'll let you know if I get anything from my upline. I seriously doubt that I will b/c I'm in constant contact with my director & haven't ever heard from my AD.

crystalscookingnow said:
Off topic - but Darcy - were you in the Recruiting Leads from Every Show on the last day? It was with Becca & Susan. I think I saw you headed to the front, but I couldn't get your attention. Or, maybe it was the first day in the Connecting on Main Street class. Were you in either? LOL

I'll let you know if I get anything from my upline. I seriously doubt that I will b/c I'm in constant contact with my director & haven't ever heard from my AD.

TOO FUNNY! I WAS in the class and I DID sit in the front row. I'm so sorry I missed you! I sit in the front row for a reason, I found that when given the opportunity, I'm lazy and will skip out on something early if given the chance to, so I sit in the very front row which forces me to sit there and pay attention and not "ditch" class before it's over! ha ha. Good class, got some great ideas, how about you?

Darcy:

Although I'm just a future director (soon to be "team leader") I also got a swift kick in the but at confernce about contacting my downline (I've got 3 recruits - 2 of which have their own recruits).

Sunday night and last night I just picked up the phone and personally talked with them (had to leave a msg) with a few of them about the fantastic new career plan. To be honest - some of them I've never spoke with much before because I thought their recruiter would "handle" them. I'm SO GLAD I CALLED. They were all really excited to hear from me and excited about the new career plan. I even offered weekly calls in which some of them took me up on. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least.

I did follow-up with an e-mail to those I spoke with stating it was a pleasure speaking with them, and that I was here to help them succeed 100% in 2009. I also directed them to consultant corner where they could here the new career plan for themselves.

I think a call first is a great idea. My director is amazing and we have great communication, but if we didn't I might be offended if she "came out of the woodwork" after the new announcement. A call is much more personal. Accept responsibility for you faults (or lack of communication) and set goals with your recruits. Also set a time, either weekly, biweekly, monthly, etc. that you will call to talk abuot HER business. Make the call about both of you, not just you.

There was a director (upper level) that called a meeting immediately after the new business plan was announced to plan HER promotion. So many thought that ws offensive, including me. If you make it about their promotion, you will also promote!!

mscharf said:
I think a call first is a great idea. My director is amazing and we have great communication, but if we didn't I might be offended if she "came out of the woodwork" after the new announcement. A call is much more personal. Accept responsibility for you faults (or lack of communication) and set goals with your recruits. Also set a time, either weekly, biweekly, monthly, etc. that you will call to talk abuot HER business. Make the call about both of you, not just you.

There was a director (upper level) that called a meeting immediately after the new business plan was announced to plan HER promotion. So many thought that ws offensive, including me. If you make it about their promotion, you will also promote!!

Well I can definitely see how that would be offensive... it's funny because this so isn't about me at this point. I truely feel bad after taking a look at the kind of job I've been doing. New consultants should have had better training/communication and new consultants of my downlines team's should probably have gotten more as well. I printed my reports and I have almost 40 people that I need to contact, some of which I've never even met/spoken with before EVER. I'm not really comfortable calling them all (the ones I've never been introduced to for instance) although I would love to start being the type of Director that they deserve. I think that I would be more comfortable introducing myself after sending them a letter with a brief introduction so I would have that to reference when I do call...

What's everyone's thoughts about that?

And can someone please share the letter that they recieved as an attachment? I can't remember who it was, but I saw a couple of people post that they received one... just curious!

Wow!! Darcy, you have one heck of a team!! Congrats.

Sorry, I have no letter or word of advice for you. I have never met my AD but she and have talked via email and I have been included on her outgoing team newsletter every month for the last 2 years and I like that recognition. But I will say that it would be GREAT to meet her. I was going to go to a meeting that she had (she is 2.5 hours away from me) but the weather was nasty and I didn't want to drive in that. But I think that a letter going out w/ maybe your picture on it and depending on how close they all are to you, maybe schedule a HUGE team meeting to kick off the new selling season and make sure everyone understands the new career plan.

So off topic, but what is YOUR approach to recruiting?

OhmyDLM said:
And can someone please share the letter that they recieved as an attachment? I can't remember who it was, but I saw a couple of people post that they received one... just curious!

I was one that said I heard from my upline. But, it wasn't a letter that you could really use to reconnect. It was more of a flyer for a recruiting promotion that she will be running in the next few months with the new career plan (but, those of us not in her first line aren't usually included).

Sorry I can't be of any help!

And, good luck - I think it's great that you are making an effort. I'm trying to figure it all out so that when I do get more recruits, I am prepared for meetings and being a good director.

1. What should I do if I receive a letter from my upline?

If you receive a letter from your upline, the first thing you should do is read it carefully and thoroughly. Take note of any important information or instructions included in the letter.

2. Why did my upline send me a letter?

Your upline may have sent you a letter for a variety of reasons. They may be congratulating you on a recent achievement, providing important updates or announcements, or offering guidance and support for your business.

3. Do I need to respond to the letter from my upline?

It is always a good idea to respond to the letter from your upline, even if it is just a brief thank you. This shows your appreciation for their support and helps maintain a positive relationship.

4. Can I contact my upline if I have questions or concerns?

Yes, you can always contact your upline for any questions or concerns you may have. They are there to support and guide you in your Pampered Chef business, so don't hesitate to reach out to them.

5. How often will I receive letters from my upline?

The frequency of letters from your upline may vary, but you can expect to receive them on a regular basis. It is important to stay updated and connected with your upline for the most up-to-date information and support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• OhmyDLM
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
cheftiffany
  • janezapchef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • pamperedlinda