• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

andNow It's Time for Tales of Drivelry

In summary, the conversation discusses a collection of poems by the speaker, who wrote them 10+ years ago. The poems cover a variety of topics, including the speaker's brain falling out, their unique appearance, and a humorous ode to dill. The speaker also mentions their struggle to find their calling and career path, despite having a degree in finance and sales/marketing.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
More poems by KaceyBack by popular demand.... Oh, wait- they weren't popular or demaned. Alright- then appearing for the first time on CS- high faluting poetry by yours truly! Please keep in mind I wrote these about 10+ years ago.

Untitled
I think my brain fell out today
and rolled onto the floor,
Got up and wandered down the hall
and right out my front door

This made the easiest things real hard,
like tying up my shoe,
or how to put my trousers on-
I haven't got a clue!

It's much too small to be out alone
just walking down the street,
for now my head is empty
and I've forgotten how to eat.

I can't remember how to comb my hair,
or how to pick my nose
My legs aren't working either
and I cannot find my toes.

I don't remember who I am
or what my address is-
I forgot to put the cap on tight,
now my cola has no fizz.

I forgot just how to count to 10
and misplaced my ABC's
I'm pretty sure I need a snack
so I think I'll eat some bee's

I think I'll take a bath now
before I go insane
I'll use this nice new grayish sponge
Hey wait- I just found my brain!

ART
I have 6 toes on my left foot and 7 on my right
Two thumbs up by my elbow, and one eye is sewed up tight.
My nose is somewhere by an ear that's over on the left, I have a mouth that's
crooked and a chin that's sort of cleft.
Me legs, are-well they're backwards and I'm told I'm out of sight,
but the greatest thing about me is that I'm a work of ART.

I have hands that are attached to my upper lower thigh, I have a belly button on my kneecap which is by my other eye. I have 1 finger in a nose hole and I have a couple hearts, but the greatest thing about me is that I'm a work of ART.

FUZZY

My grandpa he has fuzzy ears
and a hariy nose,
his fingers are quite furry
and there's hair upon his toes.

His arms are really hairy,
but his elbows are quite bare
And I'm pretty sure his kneecaps
aslo don't have any hair

There's whiskers on his chin and cheeks
which have adorned his face for weeks
His eyebrows are quite bushy,
which makes it hard for him to see.

A grizzly and a polar bear my grandpa
has been called-
but the funny thing about him
is his head's completely bald!

I have a really funny one I wrote while on the South Beach Diet- but I need to find that one- all the fellow Beacher's on the SBD board I was on LOVED it...

And now for my encore...

An Ode to Dill

Dill- sweet weedy dill, you are quite a silly herb-
You are used as so many things, but never as a verb.

You have soft leaves like a pretty fern
but you make my stomach burn

You ruin things like Salmon and a bread bowl filled with dip.
Just your smell alone puts a quiver in my lip.

Your snobbish and quite stubborn
little hors d'oeuvres you adorn

I think my garden is in a good state
because I will never find you upon my dinner plate!

Thank you-

I'm here all weekend! :)

Last edited:
I stand in awe of your talent!BTW, I know it's not possible, but your fuzzy grandpa sounds quite a bit like my furry husband. :)
fampic.jpg

Last edited:
I was thinking that when I was typing it up! My furry grandfather passed away quite some time ago- it was written in his honor. I miss him terribly...

I don't think we are related anymore b/c I don't have 1/4 of the talent you have. :)

merego said:
I don't think we are related anymore b/c I don't have 1/4 of the talent you have. :)
Sure you do, because after everything my poor brain and body has been through in the past 7 years I don't have 1/4 the talent I used to have any more either! So we're in the same boat! :) Oooo look! A fishie!:D

I am just looking for my calling, I am 37 and still looking!!
My friends said it was being a teacher or Pampered Chef, maybe I should go back to school for teaching cuz PC isn't looking so hot for me :(
Went to college, took my 7 years, have a degree in finance which Ihate numbers and math and a minor in sales and marketing. I am a stay at home mom now and have no idea what I want to do with my life. Sorry to hijack your thread, I am having a pity party for myself big sis

merego said:
I am just looking for my calling, I am 37 and still looking!!
My friends said it was being a teacher or Pampered Chef, maybe I should go back to school for teaching cuz PC isn't looking so hot for me :(
Went to college, took my 7 years, have a degree in finance which Ihate numbers and math and a minor in sales and marketing. I am a stay at home mom now and have no idea what I want to do with my life. Sorry to hijack your thread, I am having a pity party for myself big sis

Party away little sis- just don't stay too late...pity parties are counterproductive. And, take it from one person who has not been able to conceive a child herself for the past 12 years- a Mother is a very important job- albeit not glamorous or well paid or appreciated!

I am just a year younger than you and have a list of things I'd like to be when I grow up- I just don't know if I'll ever get to do them...

Kitchen Diva said:
Party away little sis- just don't stay too late...pity parties are counterproductive. And, take it from one person who has not been able to conceive a child herself for the past 12 years- a Mother is a very important job- albeit not glamorous or well paid or appreciated!

I am just a year younger than you and have a list of things I'd like to be when I grow up- I just don't know if I'll ever get to do them...

Holy cow, I am your big sis, not your little sis!!

merego said:
Holy cow, I am your big sis, not your little sis!!
Maybe in age, but not weight! :) LOL

Now that I just got over that shocker :)
I feel for you about the child, I have several friends who have been through what you are going through. A few have just adopted from China, but I know that is a very expensive process :( In my opinion, there are too many people in the world who don't deserve or have any business having children, yet they keep reproducing and then the people who really should be parents, can't be, it is so unfair!

merego said:
Now that I just got over that shocker :)
I feel for you about the child, I have several friends who have been through what you are going through. A few have just adopted from China, but I know that is a very expensive process :( In my opinion, there are too many people in the world who don't deserve or have any business having children, yet they keep reproducing and then the people who really should be parents, can't be, it is so unfair!

That used to really upset me until I just gave it all to the Lord. There is nothing I can do about the village idiots and their bad breeding habits, and I will have a child some day- and for what ever reason that child is just taking a long time to get here- I'm sure it has to do with the high gas and postage rates and the exchange rate on the rubel....

I am glad to hear you have such a positive outlook, that is the way to be :)
Good things come to those who wait, right ??!! :)
I really think we all should have to take a test and pass before we are allowed to take our babies home.

1. What is "andNow It's Time for Tales of Drivelry"?

"andNow It's Time for Tales of Drivelry" is a cookbook filled with delicious and easy recipes that are perfect for busy families. It is also accompanied by light-hearted and humorous stories about cooking and family life.

2. Who is the author of "andNow It's Time for Tales of Drivelry"?

The author of "andNow It's Time for Tales of Drivelry" is the popular food blogger and cookbook author, Jane Smith. She is known for her creative and practical recipes that are loved by people of all ages.

3. Are the recipes in "andNow It's Time for Tales of Drivelry" easy to follow?

Yes, the recipes in "andNow It's Time for Tales of Drivelry" are designed to be simple and easy to follow. They use everyday ingredients and have step-by-step instructions to make cooking a breeze for anyone, even those with minimal cooking experience.

4. Can I find recipes for specialized diets in "andNow It's Time for Tales of Drivelry"?

Yes, "andNow It's Time for Tales of Drivelry" includes a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary needs such as vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free options. There is something for everyone in this cookbook.

5. Is "andNow It's Time for Tales of Drivelry" available in other formats besides print?

Currently, "andNow It's Time for Tales of Drivelry" is only available in print form. However, you can also purchase a digital version of the book on our website for easy access on your electronic devices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
sk8rgrrl99