• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Almost Hesitant to Reply to This Email....

In summary, a consultant received an email from a past host who had an issue with her smallest sauté pan, which caught on fire while she was cooking eggs. The consultant is unsure if this is covered under the warranty and is considering giving the host an unopened sauté pan from her office. Other consultants in the conversation also share their experiences with PC's strict policies on pan replacements and suggest contacting HO for clarification. They express frustration with the possibility of customers being denied replacements even if they followed proper use and care instructions.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I just got an email from a Past Host - she had an awesome show, and got a couple open stock pans, and then ordered the 12" skillet at a show booked from hers.Hi Becky- I have a issue with my smallest sauté pan, the handle started on fire!! I was making eggs , as I always do, and the handle started burning.Is that covered under the warrantee?? Please advise- Jess P.S. I Love my pans!!! So does my husband! May need to buy more!!I know for sure that I can book her for Oct. That is, as long as PC treats her well with the pan return. I just no longer have confidence that they will, and am hesitating on giving her the info to do the return...In fact, I have a small saute pan in my office that is unopened, and I'm thinking about just giving it to her....

Why wouldn't HO replace it?

HHMM..I have to agree with you. And I don't think that it would be a bad idea to just give her the one that you have. First of all I am sure that you probably didn't pay the full price and if you did you can make that back pretty quickly. Especially if she is a good host and has good sales.

Chef Gilles said:
Why wouldn't HO replace it?

They have new, stricter policies on what constitutes "lifetime" (pretty much nothing anymore) and are requiring that all pans be sent back for inspection, and then making a decision on replacement. Most are being rejected. My SD had to go around and around and around with HO, including calling our Area Rep, to get a couple pans replaced.

I sent back a grill pan that I use constantly at my shows, and it just plain is NOT non-stick any more--clearly peeling, and they gave me all kinds of grief about it over the phone. I sent it back anyway. Hope they replace it. <sigh>.

I'd give her the pan you have and send hers back yourself and see what happens. Have the new one shipped to you. It's not worth having any unhappy customer. It's not like it's a family skillet or something, it's a small saute pan.

I'd give her the one you have and then see if you can do the return on hers having it sent to you. You're right to be concerned. I lost a great host/customer due to the return policies, so I wouldn't want to take the risk of yours doing the same.

I agree with everyone, give her the one you have. Right now I'm dying to give back my Grill Pan, its HORRIBLE! I don't even want to use it anyone, I'm afraid If they give me a hard time I'm gonna freak! :(

Give her the one you have. Then contact HO for her and send it back with instructions for a new one to come to you. Just did this with no problems.

I really want my square griddle replaced. It's the exec and we use it all the time. It looks like heck and is peeling and scratched (I only use PC tools and NO metal). But I am affraid they may not replace it.

HO replaced my 12" skillet wich had some crack on the silicone handles and also my saute pan which wasn't non stick any more.

I think you should call first and find out if this is covered by the guarantee and then proceed based on the response.

This is crazy! Our pans are supposed to be top of the line with a good guarantee. She needs to call HO and tell them what happened. If she treated the pan as the use and care stated (and as all cookware should be treated) then they should replace it. You should not have to replace it yourself.

If they are denying all claims, even iffy claims, then they need to rethink even having the cookware in our line. I agree that many abused them and that they need to be stricter about it but to just assuming people mistreated their cookware is not at all up to PC's reputation. Customers need to be contacting them and getting mad if they took care of their pan and then PC refuses them.

...sorry :grumpy: but this issue really upsets me.

BethCooks4U said:
This is crazy! Our pans are supposed to be top of the line with a good guarantee. She needs to call HO and tell them what happened. If she treated the pan as the use and care stated (and as all cookware should be treated) then they should replace it. You should not have to replace it yourself.

If they are denying all claims, even iffy claims, then they need to rethink even having the cookware in our line. I agree that many abused them and that they need to be stricter about it but to just assuming people mistreated their cookware is not at all up to PC's reputation. Customers need to be contacting them and getting mad if they took care of their pan and then PC refuses them.

...sorry :grumpy: but this issue really upsets me.

It took the customer, and my SD both getting mad and contacting HO repeatedly to get the pans (2 from the set) replaced. It was a really bad deal for a while, and to me it's just not worth it - I think I will give her what I have, and do the return myself. I will no longer be promoting the cookware as having a lifetime warranty, because it just isn't true anymore.

What gets me with all of this cookware return stuff is this: How do they know what 5 or 6 years of daily use is going to look like? I'm betting that the manufacturer didn't test the product for that long before bringing it into the catalog. How do they know that all of the peeling issues aren't from the quality of the finish? I've got a 4 qt. casserole, 12" family skillet, 10" family skillet and another piece that have started peeling. I don't even want to do the returns for them for the sheer fact that I may waste my money on the shipping for them to just turn around & return my pans to me.

I understand completely not wanting to cover abuse. But when the pans have been used correctly & still get declined, what's the point?

babywings76 said:
I'd give her the one you have and then see if you can do the return on hers having it sent to you. You're right to be concerned. I lost a great host/customer due to the return policies, so I wouldn't want to take the risk of yours doing the same.

I agree--give her yours and then see if you can get hers replaced and have the replacement shipped to you. But don't tell them what you did!

crystalscookingnow said:
What gets me with all of this cookware return stuff is this: How do they know what 5 or 6 years of daily use is going to look like? I'm betting that the manufacturer didn't test the product for that long before bringing it into the catalog. How do they know that all of the peeling issues aren't from the quality of the finish? I've got a 4 qt. casserole, 12" family skillet, 10" family skillet and another piece that have started peeling. I don't even want to do the returns for them for the sheer fact that I may waste my money on the shipping for them to just turn around & return my pans to me.

I understand completely not wanting to cover abuse. But when the pans have been used correctly & still get declined, what's the point?

You make a great point & I'm sorry you're having problems with yours. The only 1 I'm having problems with is the Grill Pan & I think I killed it with the 20 minute BBQ Ribs...What a mess!! :(

Ginger428 said:
You make a great point & I'm sorry you're having problems with yours. The only 1 I'm having problems with is the Grill Pan & I think I killed it with the 20 minute BBQ Ribs...What a mess!! :(

I just received my grill pan and haven't used it yet. I'm so excited to have it, but now am hesitant.

Wow... I didn't realize HQ had gotten that picky with cookware returns. How are returns on the forged cutlery?

gailz2 said:
I just received my grill pan and haven't used it yet. I'm so excited to have it, but now am hesitant.

Awww I'm sorry I made you feel that way :(. It just might be mine.....:D

I have honestly never had a problem with any of my cookware - grill pan included!

I had never had a problem until I sent in one I use at my shows I sent it in in June after calling of course. So I called last week to find out where mine is since I need it for my shows. The person said I was notified that there was no pan on the order I said so they have been holding it since July 16! I did not get a call and I did not say it was from a show so after about 30 min this lady finally sees where I got it free. Then says she will have to ask me several questions so they can inspect it. Very rude like I must have done something to cause the problem and when I said I use Pampered Chef oil she said we have only had that for a few months what about before that WHAT so I corrected her on that. Then she says it will be inspected and I will either get a new one or my old one back in 2-3 weeks! This process is ridiculous. I did nothing wrong and am worrying that I will get the old pan back that is peeling how will I use that at my show. I guess the way I have been for the last month! :confused:
I hate to send a customer through this.

trps said:
I had never had a problem until I sent in one I use at my shows I sent it in in June after calling of course. So I called last week to find out where mine is since I need it for my shows. The person said I was notified that there was no pan on the order I said so they have been holding it since July 16! I did not get a call and I did not say it was from a show so after about 30 min this lady finally sees where I got it free. Then says she will have to ask me several questions so they can inspect it. Very rude like I must have done something to cause the problem and when I said I use Pampered Chef oil she said we have only had that for a few months what about before that WHAT so I corrected her on that. Then she says it will be inspected and I will either get a new one or my old one back in 2-3 weeks! This process is ridiculous. I did nothing wrong and am worrying that I will get the old pan back that is peeling how will I use that at my show. I guess the way I have been for the last month! :confused:

I agree! I did emailed her back this morning and told her I'd take care of it for her - she needs to just drop off the pan at my house. (I'll give her the new pan when she does that, and then I'll deal with all of the frustration of the return on her behalf.)

trps said:

So are we only supposed to use PC's oils now?? Or she's just looking for a reason to be nit-picky? I would assume maybe it's referencing using Store-bought sprays, versus regular oil or our spritzer (all I ever use).

I am also very hesitant to "sell" the cookware (as in talk about it much). These are BIG ticket items, not just $10-20 items here. If customer service is going to start accusing customers & CONSULTANTS of misuse to get out of replacing the products, then that's bad for my business, as well as PC's overall. They may have lost money on returns from those who are not honest, but they'll stand to lose MORE by getting a bad reputation for standing behind advertised warranty/guarantees. I've been tempted to write to HO to tell them as a consumer how bad this is, but as a consultant, how insulting it is also.

PC may be fantastic on all other fronts, and while the pans I think are great, it only takes a few bad apples (or experiences) to spoil alot more than that for us.

I have just ordered the Grill Pan, waiting to receive it this week. I have the 8” and the family skillet, love them both but haven't had them long. I am so hoping that I don't have problems with them. I consider the cookware an investment and I have sold a number of open stocks pieces since I started. I would hate for there to be any problems with them and the customer to have difficulties with HQ.

Bobbi, we aren't supposed to spray non-stick sprays on the cookware. Oils, especially our oil, should be fine especially in the Kitchen Spritzer. I think that person at the HO was woefully misinformed.

I am going through the same thing right now with a customer. She has the Professional sets of pans and I e-mailed HO. I got back a list of 4 questions I needed to have her answer before they would even give me a reference number. The questions were about usage and cleaning and what not. The part that gets me is that the dang thing is 7 years old and it just now started to peel!! 7 FREAKIN YEARS OLD!!!! And the rest of the set looks new. It is not like she is asking for the entire 11 pieces to be replaced for cryin out loud! Then they tell me to send it in and THEN they will decide if it can be replaced. Sorry but I am no longer selling cookware!

1. "What is the "Almost Hesitant to Reply to This Email...." email about?"

The "Almost Hesitant to Reply to This Email...." email is a reminder from Pampered Chef about your past orders and an opportunity to follow up with any questions or concerns you may have.

2. "Why did I receive this email?"

You received this email because you have previously made a purchase or shown interest in Pampered Chef products. We want to make sure you are satisfied with your purchase and offer any assistance you may need.

3. "How often will I receive this email?"

The "Almost Hesitant to Reply to This Email...." email is sent out periodically to check in with our customers. The frequency may vary, but we strive to send it out no more than once a month.

4. "Do I have to reply to this email?"

Replying to this email is completely optional. We want to make sure our customers are happy and satisfied, but we understand that everyone is busy. If you have any questions or concerns, we are always available to assist you.

5. "Can I unsubscribe from these types of emails?"

Yes, you can unsubscribe from these emails at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email. However, we hope you will continue to stay connected with us and take advantage of our offers and updates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShanaSmith
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet