• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ahhh!! My Pizza Stone Broke in Half!!

a pie in a foil pie pan baking on it) and I went to check the pie and the stone had broken into two pieces! :eek: I bought it back when I had my party 3yrs ago and don't have the receipt. Oh well, I have the one that came in my SS kit, now to get that one seasoned!~JennyJust curious, was it a frozen pie?I read about thermal shock so I'm thinking that it could be why your stone broke. I hope it's within the 3 years and that you can get it replaced.I know this is an old topic....but hey, I'm up
Princess_Buttercup
It was in the oven being used like a cookie sheet ( I had a pie in a foil pie pan baking on it) and I went to check the pie and the stone had broken into two pieces! :eek: I bought it back when I had my party 3yrs ago and don't have the receipt. Oh well, I have the one that came in my SS kit, now to get that one seasoned!

~Jenny

you might not want to use your stone like that in the future, just use a regular cookie sheet. I've read somewhere that it can cause heat irregularities on the stone if you have a pan on top, so that might have caused it to crack. Sorry to hear about your stone, =(

If your party was within three years, it may still be under warranty. Since you were the host, you can call HO and explain you were the host back then and they can look up your show. Maybe they'd replace it. Let them know what happened because you never know if they'll replace it unless you ask. I had a host getting ready to use her Rectangular Baker for the first time and she had it on the counter below a cabinet she was getting some cans out of. Well, one can fell out of the cabinet and landed right in her stone and caused it to crack. PC replaced it! And I told them what happened, so they knew the whole story. I know sometimes they won't replace things if something got damaged by a customer's misuse, but it's worth asking! Good luck! :)

Just curious, was it a frozen pie? I read about thermal shock so I'm thinking that it could be why your stone broke. I hope it's within the 3 years and that you can get it replaced.

I know this is an old topic....but hey, I'm up in the middle of the night, learning. ;)

Never place an entree in a container on your stone (I'm sure you know this now) ;)
Hopefully you didn't throw the two halves away. They make great smaller stones.

I have a very old rectangular stone, well now it's broke in half (it was my first stone waaaaay back in 1991? I think? My son broke it a couple of years ago. I was away at the time, I told him don't throw it away.

Kris

Princess_Buttercup said:
It was in the oven being used like a cookie sheet ( I had a pie in a foil pie pan baking on it) and I went to check the pie and the stone had broken into two pieces! :eek: I bought it back when I had my party 3yrs ago and don't have the receipt. Oh well, I have the one that came in my SS kit, now to get that one seasoned!

~Jenny
Use and care says that we should never put another pan on top of a stone. The warranty will not cover that kind of breakage.

You can probably put the stone on a lower shelf under the pan to catch the drippings but personally that's what I use my OLD cookie sheets for.

I have a friend who's bar pan just broke in 2 pieces. She was cooking fish that was wrapped in foil. When she took the fish off, the stone broke in 2 pieces. I called HO for her and they said they needed to know who the consultant was and the host. She called HO back and the stone was only 2 yrs old, so she is getting a brand new one.
I would suggest calling, just to make sure you can get a new one!

Foil!!I'm thinking (just from reading other threads about the stones) that the foil is the big no-no here. I've learned that foil can cause your stone to crack if used to line or reheat food wrapped in it. Just my 2 cents. ;)

Aluminum is not a good conductor of heat so I doubt that the aluminum pie pan caused your stone to break.

The PC Pie crust shield is made out of aluminum, and it can be used on the stoneware pie plate. The aluminum protects the edges of the pie from overbrowning.

but what that pie pan did do is cause hot spots on her stone, and stoneware doesn't like thermal irregularities. When you put food on your stone to be cooked, you want to make sure that at least 2/3 of your stone is covered with food (ie don't use the pizza stone to cook one crescent roll), again because this causes thermal irregularities. It puts stress on the stone and can cause it to crack.

Mine did that too...I had some veggies I got from a local delivery service and it said to place the veggies in the FOIL pouch on a cookie sheet. And lo and behold, I pulled out a cracked bar pan. I BAD! I knew that you can't do that because of the temperature thing. I do not remember where I heard it but...
I even had major qualms about the foil balls for those Crispy Chocolate Mousse Cups. Glass and other metals on stoneware can do the same thing.
It's because glass, metal and foil temps fluctuate even in the oven. So the changes in their temps, cause problems with the stones.

I had the same phenomenon happen to me with a blue pyrex dish in my brand new oven. But unlike stoneware that will break in half, it shattered into a thousand pieces. Not cool at all.
I had been baking a pork roast wrapped in foil placed in the dish. 10 minutes before it was done I poked at it and must have released some juices out of the nice little package. Then kabaam.... it all shattered.

Beware of the sudden merging of different temperatures.

I never baked in pyrex since... too scared.

I have a better story- not PC related, but topic related! One Thanksgiving, my grandmother put her dressing in the oven (glass dish) to warm, and the turkey was under it on the bottom rack....the pyrex that the dressing was in shattered everywhere! Thank God she had the turkey in an oven bag!

Kati,

That sounds perfectly PC related!! It sounds like grandma needs a square or rectagular baker!! Might be a great mother's day gift for her!! At least with PC, she can get it replaced within the first 3 years!

I have never had a stone break or shatter. Mine are all a bazillion years old, so I know it's coming!! I have already gotten the tsk tsk on another thread for tossing them in the dishwasher every so often!!

Last edited:

What should I do if my pizza stone breaks in half?

If your pizza stone breaks in half, do not panic. It is a common occurrence and can often be easily fixed or replaced. Follow these steps:

• 1. Save any broken pieces.
  • 2. Contact Pampered Chef customer service for a replacement if your stone is still under warranty.
  • 3. If your stone is not under warranty, consider purchasing a new one or looking for a similar product from another brand.

Can I still use my pizza stone if it breaks in half?

It is not recommended to use a broken pizza stone as it may not provide even heat distribution and could potentially shatter further. It is best to replace the broken stone with a new one.

Why did my pizza stone break in half?

There are a few potential reasons why your pizza stone may have broken in half:

• 1. Extreme temperature changes - if the stone goes from hot to cold or vice versa too quickly, it can cause it to crack.
  • 2. Physical damage - dropping or banging the stone can cause it to break.
  • 3. Poor quality - some pizza stones may be more prone to breaking than others due to their materials or manufacturing process.

How can I prevent my pizza stone from breaking in the future?

To prevent your pizza stone from breaking in the future, follow these tips:

• 1. Allow the stone to cool down before cleaning it.
  • 2. Avoid extreme temperature changes.
  • 3. Handle the stone with care and avoid dropping or banging it.
  • 4. Invest in a high-quality pizza stone from a reputable brand.

Can I return my broken pizza stone to Pampered Chef?

If your pizza stone is still under warranty, you may be able to return it to Pampered Chef for a replacement. If not, it is best to contact customer service for further assistance and potential options for a replacement or refund.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • pamperedberry
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • ChefZee