• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ahhh!! I Just Got Home From My First Show!!! I Felt Like Such a Dork!

felt like a dork... or anything memorable that happened.I felt like such a dork when I got home from my first show. It was my in-laws and her friends. I knew all of them, and it wasn't a great turnout. I only made $300, but hopefully she'll get a few orders from it. My show is up next week, and I only have one more show left before I qualify. I really want to sell cookware, but I'm not sure if it'll be successful. It depends on the turnout as well. Don't stress, you'll do great. Good luck!
pchefjaime
Gold Member
AHHH!! I just got home from my first show!!! I felt like such a dork! THank God it was my inlaws and her friends I think that is why I felt so dumd I know all of them. It wa not a great turn out only $300 hopfully she will get a few outside orders. My 30days is up next week and only 1 more show before than. I hope to get qualified. Any pointers would be great I gues it depends on the turn out also. I really would like to sell cookware!!!
jaime

Jaime,
I'm sure you did fine! With family making up your first show, your total is nothing to sneeze at! You did good choosing them to be your first--it's always nerve-wracking being a newbie. I was 7 months pregnant when I signed up with PC. I knew better than to stress trying to qualify in 30 days (after all, there's a reason they give you 90 days). Granted the perks/incentives are sooooo coooollll. Without expecting it, I was less than $150 from qualifying in my first 30 days. I still got $100 PC dollars so I was happy! It'll get better--and you will WOW your guests!Pat yourself on the back--you're doing good!

Don't feel like a dork. My first show was at my sister in law's house with all my family and friends. I dropped an egg in front of everyone. All I could do is laugh. Now that I think of it, something always happens to make my shows memorable. LOL. Anyways, don't worry about your show. As long as it's 150.00, it's a show. 300 ain't bad. You can always try to get outside orders together for a cataloge show. Maybe someone is willing to do that. I just submitted a 450 cataloge show. She got it together in one week. If you go to church, you can have your girl friends over for an "open house" to showcase the products or get one of them to do a cataloge or home show. You can also just ask everyone you know. Heck, even the ladies at the bank, post office, movie store, hairdressers, neighbors, and especailly stay at home moms (they are my biggest buyers) are some suggestions. Just ask everyone. You might be suprised who will be willing to help you out, especailly if you say you are new to the PC.
Good Luck

If you didn't ask everyone there if they would like to have a show, then call everyone back the next day. Thank them for coming to the show, ask them if they had fun, compliment them on one thing from the show (the way they were dressed, how they participated, anything you can think of), ask them if they if there was anything they saw that they would like to have but didn't purchase, ask them if they'd like to get it for free or half price, ask them if they would be willing to help you get qualified within the next two to three weeks. You can use the excuse that you are new and should be doing this at the show, but because you're new, you forgot, or something along those lines.

I always feel more uncomfortable w/people I know rather than strangers - so you are normal in that! I've been with it for 3 years and still have shows where I leave thinking, that was really bad!! Sometimes it just depends on how the crowd responds to you.

my toughest shows are the ones that my mother attends. She's very supportive, and I think even impressed that I get up in front of people and talk like that, and on the outside, I know that I'm projecting "calm and cool", but on the inside I'm always freaking out that my mom is there! :) She has commented to me that it looks like I'm having fun, so I guess I've been successful in masking my jitters!

oh, and my first show.....NOONE showed up!!!! It was an open house debut at my house. I sent something like 75 invitations, did follow up calls, was expecting at least 15 people, and not a single person came! Not even my closest family and best friends! So I did a practice show for my kids who were then 7 and 4, and my husband. They were great! They raised their hands and asked questions and smiled at me!!! :love: 5 1/2 years later, I can loook back at laugh.....I gave myself 5 minutes to wallow and consider quitting, and then I put my head up and moved on.....and I have had a blast ever since.

Melinda

We all have shows that we leave thinking, "I was such a dork!"Think back over the show. Anything you think you would want to change? Work on those things. Then, shake it off and move on. Some day you'll enjoy telling your "you'll never believe this" story.

Girl! 300 dollars is a good show!! that is the goal you usually want to shoot for with your host so they will earn rewards!! Thats great!! and for your first show too!! Man my first show I wanted the 30 day bonus so bad I hounded people till they would give me an order, just keep at everyone and you will end up with a bigger show than you thought!! just keep going!! your doing GREAT SO far!! and dont forget that even if you dont get the 30 day bonus, you can RACK up on the rest of the 90 days, Double up shows, and set a goal to get atleast 1200 in a month, and you will come out with a bunch of bonus!! I have learned, and am still TRying to understand, that CONFIDANCE is sooo important!! GREAT JOB!! :p

Thank you to all for your support this site is great and I really appriciate the words of encouragement and reinforcement. It really was not bad jut that I knew everyone so it was just different. I have another show on Sunday with many people that I do not know so hope that one will feel better and bring in more $ and bookings.

QualifyTake your $300 show and submit 2 for $150 each, Wallah! you are qualified.

SandyA said:
Take your $300 show and submit 2 for $150 each, Wallah! you are qualified.

That is not allowed by home office. I met a new consultant at conference that did this & got in trouble. I don't recommend doing this.

Related to Ahhh!! I Just Got Home From My First Show!!! I Felt Like Such a Dork!

1. How can I overcome feeling like a dork at my first Pampered Chef show?

It's normal to feel nervous or self-conscious at your first show, but the best way to overcome those feelings is to practice and prepare beforehand. Make sure you know your products and the demonstrations well, and don't be afraid to ask for help or advice from experienced consultants.

2. What are some tips for feeling more confident during my first show?

One tip is to rehearse your demonstrations and talking points in front of a mirror or with a friend before the show. This will help you feel more comfortable and prepared when presenting to a group. Additionally, make sure to smile, make eye contact, and speak clearly and confidently during your demonstrations.

3. How can I engage with my audience and make them feel comfortable?

One way to engage with your audience is to ask them questions and encourage them to participate in the demonstrations. This will make them feel more involved and comfortable. You can also try to connect with them on a personal level by sharing your own experiences or asking about their cooking habits and preferences.

4. What should I do if I make a mistake during the show?

Don't panic! Mistakes happen, and it's important to stay calm and composed. You can either try to correct the mistake or simply move on and continue with the show. Remember that the audience is there to learn about the products and have fun, not to judge you.

5. How can I follow up with potential customers after the show?

It's important to have a plan for following up with potential customers after the show. You can collect their contact information and send them a personalized email or thank-you note, offering any additional information or answering any questions they may have. You can also invite them to future shows or events, or offer them special deals or discounts as a thank-you for attending your first show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • sailortena
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
just4me
Replies