• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Guest Takes Home Rubs from Show - What a Surprise!

In summary, the conversation revolved around a missing bottle of rubs that the last guest at a show had taken, mistakenly thinking it was a free item to choose from. The host had used the bottle for demonstration and had been passing it around at shows all month. The group discussed different strategies for getting the bottle back, such as calling the guest and explaining the situation or simply labeling the bottles as show copies. It was also mentioned that a similar situation had occurred with cookbooks in the past, leading to the implementation of labeling them as well.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I had a show today and a few guests got the free rubs. I had been using the grill basket to pass the rubs around during the show and then having them at the check out for easy choosing. When cleaning up I realized I was missing two rubs. When looking at what was missing, it was the same items that the last guest choose. My only thought is she thought she got to take them home with her! Those are opened bottles that I have used and have been passing around at shows all month! Guess I've never had that happen before!

wadesgirl said:
I had a show today and a few guests got the free rubs. I had been using the grill basket to pass the rubs around during the show and then having them at the check out for easy choosing. When cleaning up I realized I was missing two rubs. When looking at what was missing, it was the same items that the last guest choose. My only thought is she thought she got to take them home with her! Those are opened bottles that I have used and have been passing around at shows all month! Guess I've never had that happen before!

Bwah ha ha! That's so ridiculous. Too bad you don't get hers in place of the ones she took.

I've had that happen before when cookbooks were the free item. Someone took one home - thinking that they got to choose from the ones I passed around for everyone to look at. :rolleyes:

ChefBeckyD said:
I've had that happen before when cookbooks were the free item. Someone took one home - thinking that they got to choose from the ones I passed around for everyone to look at. :rolleyes:

Seriously I have to wonder what goes through people's heads sometimes!

ChefBeckyD said:

I'm glad you mentioned that. I'll put a label saying they are show copies before they are the special in September.

BethCooks4U said:
I'm glad you mentioned that. I'll put a label saying they are show copies before they are the special in September.

That's what I did after it happened to me. :thumbup:

That's a great idea! (labels)Too funny about the rubs she took though. Won't she be surprised when she gets the free rubs in her order?! THEN it might click!

esavvymom said:
That's a great idea! (labels)

Too funny about the rubs she took though. Won't she be surprised when she gets the free rubs in her order?! THEN it might click!
That was my thought!

Why don't you call the guest and ask if perchance she/he happened to take the rubs from your display? If she's used'm, maybe she'll happily give you the new bottles when she receives'm?

RMDave said:
Why don't you call the guest and ask if perchance she/he happened to take the rubs from your display? If she's used'm, maybe she'll happily give you the new bottles when she receives'm?

That's a good idea, though I would be so nervous calling her about that!! ;)

Maybe if you call and mention to her that you have displayed that at other shows and it's been OPEN the whole time, maybe she will gladly give it back for fear of germs!!

I make sure I tell people that they are OPEN and USED and that they'll get a brand new bottle with their order. Same thing happened to me with cookbooks in the past and mine all have big labels on the front now too.

emiscookin said:

Maybe if you call and mention to her that you have displayed that at other shows and it's been OPEN the whole time, maybe she will gladly give it back for fear of germs!!

Or you can just say you thought you remembered she was towards the end of the line to get them and wondered if they were still in the basket when she got it? Just tell her that you are concerned somebody got confused and you don't want them to have an opened bottle that was passed around at shows so you are really trying to track down the person that has them.

emiscookin said:

I have no problems calling her. Email me her name, phone, and the host whose party she attended: [email protected]

LOLYes, I read on here about people doing that by mistake before so I always announce that I brought samples that they can see/smell ... but that they will get their free item(s) NEW and in the box with their purchases from PC.

After catching a few guests over the years trying to take the free food stuff (it only seems to happen to me with the food), I actually make a special announcement when I talk about the specials. I say, "Now, I've brought samples with me today so you can decide which one(s) you want. However, don't try to take those home. You will get brand new stuff when your order arrives. And, that's much better than the already-opened, half-used stuff I've got with me today."As for you, Wadesgirl, I would contact the guest and tell her that you're afraid she might have misunderstood. Assure her that she's getting a much better deal by waiting for the new ones.

I had someone take my display pinch bowl set one time. I always try to have the free product with $60 at my checkout so I can mention if they are close. She thought that she got them right then! It was someone I knew so I just called and we laughed about it!

I always mark my products. The cookbooks have my address label on the cover and the rubs/seasonings have a round sticker on the top that says "SAMPLE".

It has helped because I was worried that situation would happen to me.

Well, I had to tell this story at my show this week.

I said, "Now, I know none of YOU would do that, but I just want to make sure you understand that if you order the spices, you DO get a brand new one. You don't have to take the half-used ones from my kitchen."

They all thought it was funny. And they all were returned no worse for the wear.

1. What types of rubs are included in the "Guest Takes Home Rubs from Show" surprise?

The rubs included in this surprise package vary, but they typically include a mix of sweet, savory, and spicy flavors. Some common rubs include BBQ, Cajun, garlic herb, and chili lime.

2. Are the rubs pre-made or do I have to make them myself?

All of the rubs included in this surprise package are pre-made and ready to use. Simply sprinkle them onto your food for added flavor.

3. How many rubs are typically included in the "Guest Takes Home Rubs from Show" surprise?

The number of rubs included can vary, but typically there are 3-5 different rubs in each package.

4. Can I customize the rubs in my surprise package?

Unfortunately, we are not able to customize the rubs in the surprise package. However, we do offer a wide variety of rubs for purchase that you can choose from.

5. How long do the rubs last and how should I store them?

The rubs included in the surprise package have a shelf life of about 1-2 years if stored in a cool, dry place. It is best to keep them in an airtight container to preserve their freshness and flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • jnsr96
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • Cool2Cook