• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

...Just Got Home From My 2Nd Cooking Show...

In summary, 6 people in attendance (including host) and 3 outside orders yet to come...one is at least $25 so we'll be at $450 for sure - guessing it'll end over $500. 1 May BBQ show booking (they are going to invite couples!), 1 beginning April fundraiser and 1 more potential fundraiser show.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
6 people in attendance (including host)
$429 so far in commissionable sales
3 outside orders yet to come...one is at least $25 so we'll be at $450 for sure - guessing it'll end over $500.
1 May BBQ show booking (they are going to invite couples!), 1 beginning April fundraiser and 1 more potential fundraiser show

The biggest excitement to me was that these were all "seasoned" PC buyers - one lady said this was her 5th show already this year and it is only March! Anyway, 2 of them said that they wanted to compliment me that it was the most fun they've had in awhile and if I hadn't told them it was only my second cooking show they would have guessed that I had been doing this for 10 years! They said I was laid-back, good sense of humor, let them chat yet didn't miss a beat. They complained that other shows were very "rigid and industrialized" - too much step by step structure (...and I checked - the consultants weren't from my cluster - from the other group in town - LOL!) They said, "keep it up and I'll do great."

That felt better than sales or bookings! :)

(Oh, and one customer gave me gift certificate practice! - I've had to keep up on my reading with fundraiser possibilities and gift certificates already! :) )

I only have $535 left to qualify so I think I may be able to say "I'm qualified" sometime this weekend - YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, did anyone notice the typo in the current catalog for the prep bowl set? It says 6 in the description but by the price says "set of 2". I had to reassure my guests that they'd get a set of 6 and that sold a few sets.

Woooooo Hooooo Congrats. That Is Great!

YAHOO!!!! Way to go! You've worked hard and you deserved to be blessed with a great show and super encouragment! PTL!!!!!!

That is a great start. Sounds like you are doing all the right things. Keep up the good work.

I think the (2 bowls in kit) is referring to the new consultant kit and it is written next to the star. The star is listed near the price on all products that are included in the kit. That way if you are thinking of signing up, you won't purchase the same items in the kit.

Great job, Janet!!! I'm very happy for you!!!!

Janet,

That is awesome! Thanks for the heads up on the prep bowls.

Reminds me I have to go learn my page numbers! I have my first show with the new catalog tomorrow night!

Congrats Janet! Sounds like you are doing really well!

Congratulations! That's great. Did you play any games at your show? My first show is tomorrow and I don't know if I want to play a game or not.

Congratulations, It feels good doesn't it. I haven't had an actual show in a while. I have one scheduled next week, I can't wait. I have had mostly catalog shows and outside orders lately. I don't mind, but cooking shows are so much fun.

genburk said:
I think the (2 bowls in kit) is referring to the new consultant kit and it is written next to the star. The star is listed near the price on all products that are included in the kit. That way if you are thinking of signing up, you won't purchase the same items in the kit.

I think you're right - maybe they should have had a separate line item or something - it really confused the customers!

DMB75 said:
Congratulations! That's great. Did you play any games at your show? My first show is tomorrow and I don't know if I want to play a game or not.

No games, just cracked Ann's "Baywatch Babe" joke on the scrapers and talked about the male and female peppers as I was cutting them. (I'm not really a "game" person - once in awhile would be fine if it is short or on a "specialty party")

I asked them their favorite products and we chatted a little about that and how we new the host.

I prepped a lot of the ingredients so I only "demoed" a little finishing on each instead of putzing with all of them...they seemed to like that and browse the "new catalog" more. They seemed to like that I didn't demand their utmost attention and gave them more freedom to chat and look and ask me about products vs. a step-by-step demo demanding their attention. They watched all the ingredient placement but didn't have to sit while I chopped onions completely or shredded all the cheese.

I did a drawing at the end and let the person who brought a guest and her guest pick a gift from my basket.

The most important part was being personable to them, listening to them and chatting with them...

Oh, I guess we did have a "game" - they all thought I looked VERY young so they didn't get a prize for it, but all tried to guess my age. Even being told I have a 5 year old and 3 year old, the closest person was almost 7 years low! LOL! :) It was funny.

Yea Janet! congratulations on a great show! It does feel good when people like how you do your show doesn't it?
SO.....if you qualify this weekend will that be within your first 30 days?

Great job! I'm cheering you on to qualify this month!!

ChefBeckyD said:
Yea Janet! congratulations on a great show! It does feel good when people like how you do your show doesn't it?
SO.....if you qualify this weekend will that be within your first 30 days?

Missed it by about 2 days, but I'm going to get more out of it by focusing on the mid-season products...

Great job! Keep up the good work.

I'm so excited for you! You've done a lot of posting here, and I feel like we are invested in your success. From all your posting, I would not have realized you were not already active. Keep having fun. I was blessed with the same kind of comments when I started, and continue not to compare myself with others. I know I am different because I heard that at my first Cluster meeting. I was the only person with grey hair there. The leader of the meeting wanted to make a point that when we think of recruiting, don't limit yourself to folks your own age. So, she asked how I happened to be become a PC. It was really because I love the products, love to cook and love to share that with others. Selling has been in my blood since I was a kid, so it just comes naturally. My biggest challenge is getting bookings so I can stay active.

Keep up the good work, Janet!

Grandmarita said:
I'm so excited for you! You've done a lot of posting here, and I feel like we are invested in your success. From all your posting, I would not have realized you were not already active.

That happens with 13 years of owning products, attending MANY shows and considering being a consultant a few times in my life...

Grandmarita said:
Keep having fun. I was blessed with the same kind of comments when I started, and continue not to compare myself with others. I know I am different because I heard that at my first Cluster meeting. I was the only person with grey hair there. The leader of the meeting wanted to make a point that when we think of recruiting, don't limit yourself to folks your own age. So, she asked how I happened to be become a PC. It was really because I love the products, love to cook and love to share that with others. Selling has been in my blood since I was a kid, so it just comes naturally. My biggest challenge is getting bookings so I can stay active.

Keep up your good work too...it is a fun time...and I know as long as it is "fun" to me, I'll enjoy it! :)

Thanks for all the positive comments guys - greatly appreciated!!!!

1. How was your experience at your 2nd cooking show?

My 2nd cooking show was amazing! I had so much fun sharing delicious recipes and kitchen tools with my friends and family.

2. What were the top-selling products at your 2nd cooking show?

The top-selling products at my 2nd cooking show were the Quick Slice and the Flexible Cutting Mats. They are both versatile and make food prep so much easier!

3. Did you offer any promotions or discounts at your 2nd cooking show?

Yes, I offered a special promotion for first-time customers where they could get a free recipe book with any purchase over $50. It was a great way to introduce them to the amazing products from Pampered Chef.

4. How did your 2nd cooking show compare to your 1st one?

My 2nd cooking show was even better than my 1st one! I was more confident in demonstrating the products and my guests were more engaged and excited to try out the recipes and kitchen tools.

5. Will you be hosting another cooking show in the future?

Definitely! I had such a great time at my 2nd cooking show and I can't wait to share more delicious recipes and kitchen tips with my friends and family. I would love to host another one soon!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cincychef
Replies
Views
chefmickey1
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies