• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Aggrivated by Hostess Cancellation......

In summary, the host for tonight's show cancelled due to feeling ill and did not want to make phone calls to inform guests. The host had previously mentioned having 10 guests, but now is assuming no one will come. There is a potential for a qualifying catalog show and a recruit. Invites were sent out on schedule, but the host is not willing to make phone calls. It is suggested to use a website to obtain guest phone numbers for follow-up.
pcsharon1
Gold Member
My host for tonight....who I just spoke with last night.....cancelled just a few minutes ago. She called and talked to my husband and said she "thought she might be coming down with something" and for me to call her back so we could decide what to do. So about thirty minutes later she calls again - I literally had the phone in my hand to call her - and asked what I thought we should do but before I could even make a suggestion pretty much talked her way out of having the show. I asked her about turning it into a catalog show because I know the host she booked from wants the trifle bowl and told her since you have to call everyone to cancel anyway you can ask them for any orders they had that they wanted for Christmas and we can turn them in now, you can book off yourself and get double hostess special when you hold your show after the new year.

She said she has about $70 in orders already - and even says one of the orders she has the woman asked if it would be in before Christmas - but later goes on to say "she didn't say it was for a gift, so I don't think it will matter if it comes before Christmas or not" Now really, why would the woman specifically ask if she didn't want it for Christmas, either for herself or a gift for someone else?

She said she had another call coming in and she would call me back but she left off sounding like she wasn't even going to call and cancel because she didn't think anyone was coming anyway, when last night she had 10 people coming.

And this would have been my second show for the month for SAT and with 10 people should have put me over the $1500 since I am already half way there. I'm hoping she calls back with at least a qualifying catalog show - at least that way I'll make SAT.

And my booth yesterday wasn't as successful as I had hoped....but I do have a potention recruit to check back in with this evening, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Do you send your invites out for your hosts?

Yes, invites were sent on schedule 10-14 days before the show. Last night she had 10 people coming and one was bringing two friends (I offer free standard shipping if they bring two uninvited, adult friends). Today, she is just assuming no one is going to come because she doesn't want to make phone calls. She said she had a couple of cancellations but she didn't feel like making phone calls because she wanted to go to bed. What happens when people show up at her house tonight?

She'll just have to deal with them on her own. She may just be really sick, I wouldn't take it personally.

Did you get Guests phone numbers? Maybe you could follow up with them. Since you sent out the invites, you can use http://www.411.com and usually will give you the phone numbers if the person has a landline.

1. What is the policy for hostess cancellation at Pampered Chef parties?

At Pampered Chef, we understand that sometimes unforeseen circumstances may arise and a hostess may need to cancel their party. Our policy is that the hostess must give at least 24 hours notice of cancellation. If the party is cancelled less than 24 hours before the scheduled time, the hostess will be responsible for paying the minimum party sales requirement of $200.

2. Can a hostess reschedule their Pampered Chef party?

Yes, a hostess can reschedule their party as long as they give at least 24 hours notice. In the event of a rescheduled party, the original hostess will not be responsible for the minimum party sales requirement of $200. However, the new hostess will be responsible for meeting this requirement.

3. What happens if a hostess cancels their party multiple times?

If a hostess cancels their party more than once, they may not be eligible to host another Pampered Chef party in the future. This decision will be made at the discretion of the Pampered Chef consultant.

4. How does hostess cancellation affect the hostess rewards?

If a hostess cancels their party within 24 hours of the scheduled time and does not reschedule, they will not receive any hostess rewards. However, if the party is rescheduled and meets the minimum party sales requirement of $200, the hostess will still receive their rewards.

5. What if the hostess has a legitimate reason for cancelling their party?

We understand that unexpected circumstances may arise and we will take that into consideration. If the hostess has a legitimate reason for cancelling their party, they should contact their Pampered Chef consultant to discuss their options. We strive to be understanding and accommodating to our hostesses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hselby87
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
  • amy07
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • lesliec