• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Affordable Spring Launch Room Share in Portland - Save on Accommodation Costs!

In summary, the individual is considering going to Portland for the Spring Launch, but is worried about money and whether or not he will be able to afford to go. He has spoken to friends who are attending the launch, but is concerned about the distance between them and the cost of a car rental. He has also looked for rooms online and has found a few that he is interested in.
Barry Carlton
Hi all. I may actually be able to afford to make it based on my Director's estimates. I just need to arrange transportation and rooming.

I hope transportation will work out with my Team.

Now for the rooming.....for some reason the girls on my Team are not comfortable with rooming with a guy their dad's age.....go figure.

Is there anyone attending Portland that I can share a room with that is a guy, or married couple. It would cut the room cost in half thereby benefiting both of us.

Sorry I am going to Portland Launch but I am not spending the night!

mommyhugz1978 said:
Sorry I am going to Portland Launch but I am not spending the night!

I called HO yesterday and they just got back with me saying that it is against their policy to give out consultants info. (I kinda figured).

So now I have to decide by Sunday whether to 'chance' it or not. I did call Scott and haven't heard back from him. I have friends there but there about 30-45 min away and I don't want to inconvenience them for a ride. And a car rental would be about as much a sharing a room.

What to do.....what to do.

Well, if renting a car is the same price as sharing a room, then you'd spend that money either way if you go. If you make arrangements to go and stay with friends, then rent the car closer to the date, that'll leave you open to share a hotel room if you get a hold of someone who is going.

Go up your line to your Exec and have them put the call out for a man or couple to share with you. More and more men are joining the biz.

Try finding a room on priceline.com or kayak.com. You may get a good deal. We do this with the family in the winter time and it is amazing what you can find. The Convention Center is right on the Max line so you can stay anywhere downtown and get there easily. Also, you can stay anywhere on the Max line even in the outer areas and get to the Convention Center. You can stay near the airport and take MAX in. You may get a better deal not downtown. If you have a question about a hotel, just ask me.

cookingwithlove said:
Try finding a room on priceline.com or kayak.com. You may get a good deal. We do this with the family in the winter time and it is amazing what you can find. The Convention Center is right on the Max line so you can stay anywhere downtown and get there easily. Also, you can stay anywhere on the Max line even in the outer areas and get to the Convention Center. You can stay near the airport and take MAX in. You may get a better deal not downtown. If you have a question about a hotel, just ask me.
I want to stay in a 'recommended lodging list' i.e. hotel. I personally know of the legwork and effort that is put into getting the reduced rates so I want to support the effort.

That's fine. Just trying to help. I'd rather see you go to the Spring Launch and stay somewhere else than to not go at all. Hope you figure it out.

Related to Affordable Spring Launch Room Share in Portland - Save on Accommodation Costs!

1. What is the Spring Launch (Portland)?

The Spring Launch (Portland) is an annual event held by Pampered Chef to showcase new and seasonal products for the spring season. It is a fun and interactive event where consultants and customers can learn about the latest products and recipes.

2. When and where is the Spring Launch (Portland) event being held?

The exact date and location of the Spring Launch (Portland) may vary each year, but it is typically held in the spring at a convention center or hotel in Portland, Oregon. The specific details and registration information can be found on the Pampered Chef website or through your consultant.

3. Can anyone attend the Spring Launch (Portland) event?

Yes, the Spring Launch (Portland) event is open to all consultants and customers. It is a great opportunity to connect with other Pampered Chef enthusiasts and learn about new products and recipes. However, tickets may be required and may sell out quickly, so it is important to register early.

4. What can I expect from the Spring Launch (Portland) event?

The Spring Launch (Portland) is a full-day event filled with cooking demonstrations, product showcases, and hands-on activities. You will have the opportunity to try out new products, learn new recipes, and get inspired by other consultants and customers. It is a fun and informative event that you won't want to miss!

5. Will there be any exclusive deals or promotions at the Spring Launch (Portland) event?

Yes, there may be exclusive deals and promotions available only at the Spring Launch (Portland) event. These may include discounted products, bundle deals, or special offers for attendees. Make sure to check with your consultant or the event website for more information on these exclusive deals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies