• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Advice on Training My Team Please!

In summary, the Team Leader has just signed their third recruit and is looking for ways to involve themselves more with their team.
kdangel518
Gold Member
I am a Team Leader, just signed my third recruit, a 4th on the way.

My first two recruits are good friends of mine. They both work closely with our director- weekly support calls, etc. Our director is EXTREMELY supportive of our team, she offers weekly/biweekly support calls to anyone who desires them. But I would really like to start working with my team members as well, as I hope to promote to director by the end of the year.

At this point I'm just not sure how to approach the subject with them. I am so glad that they are getting wonderful amazing support from our awesome director who we love and has been doing this for 14 years! But I don't know what they talk about, what their needs are, what their struggles are, etc. I don't know what I can help them with... I feel very out of the loop.

Granted, it's not about me, and if they would prefer to keep working with our director vs. me then by all means I would support that. But I guess I'm looking for a way to work either ALONGSIDE my director in coaching them or just be involved in their support and growth, and letting them know that I am here for that and I want to be involved as well if they want me involved!

I don't know if this makes sense, lol:confused:. If it does, any advice would be appreciated! TIA! :p

There's a booklet about supporting consultants. It's in the download section, and you can also get a printed one on supply order.

You need to have a conversation with your director about this and devise a plan that works for everyone.

Noora- Thanks, I've looked at it, but my question is more about the dynamic of how to let them know that I am also available for their support and maybe getting them in the mindset of also coming to me or at least sharing with me what they discuss with our director so I know what their needs are? I think the dynamic is a bit more odd than normal because not only are they my recruits but they are good friends.

Thanks Deb, I was thinking the same thing. I have a call with her tomorrow night so I think I will bring it up then and ask for her advice.

I was going to say the same thing Debbie did.

You may want to suggest that you "attend" (3-way call) the call's with your recruits, so you can get a feel of where they are and what there needs are. Just a thought.

Good luck!

I have a booklet I use as a guideline when I do my intital training. I don't have it with me, but email me if you're interested and I'll send it to you!

1. How often should I train my team?

The frequency of training for your team will depend on several factors, such as the complexity of the products and the level of experience of your team members. However, it is generally recommended to have regular training sessions at least once a month to ensure that your team is up to date on new products and sales techniques.

2. What should I focus on during training sessions?

When training your team, it is important to cover a variety of topics, including product knowledge, sales techniques, and customer service. It is also beneficial to provide hands-on demonstrations and practice for your team to ensure they are confident in their skills.

3. How can I keep my team engaged during training sessions?

To keep your team engaged during training sessions, it is important to make the sessions interactive and fun. Incorporate activities, games, and rewards to make the training more enjoyable and to encourage participation and learning.

4. What resources are available for training my team?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have access to a variety of resources to help train your team, including training materials, videos, and webinars. You can also reach out to your upline or other consultants for tips and advice on training techniques.

5. How can I track the progress of my team's training?

To track the progress of your team's training, you can utilize the training tracker tool provided by Pampered Chef. This tool allows you to set goals for your team and track their progress over time. You can also have your team members fill out surveys or quizzes after training sessions to assess their understanding and retention of the information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PC Mom 55
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefashleigh
  • jcsmilez
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • 11accold