• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Aaaahhh! Individual Order Instead of Show Order!

she could have had the order in her mailbox by now!The order wasn't put through PP, so it was not entered into the system correctly. This caused the host to have to call HO and cancel the order. Unfortunately, this does not mean that the host will not receive their commission. The hostess was very angry and told the out-of-town guest that she would never do business with PC again. However, the guest was able to resolve the issue and get the order delivered.
nikked
Gold Member
I just got an email from an upcoming host's out-of-state mother. She is giving me instructions for the order she just placed on my website...but I can tell from the way it's worded that she DID NOT put the order under her daughter's name!

I still have not received an email from HO saying that the order was placed, so I'm worried that she didn't even go to my website, although she said she did.

She did email me the Order #, which will be helpful...but in the meantime, I have a $250+ order floating out there in cyber land...I've been on hold for 30 minutes with HO, with no end in site!

Just had to vent...I have instructions on my website, and everyone keeps talking about the new warning feature, but that still didn't help!!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent...the fact that it's such a huge order softens the blow though!:rolleyes:

Good luck with getting that taken care of! Luckily they are a little behind on orders (mine submitted Monday are still showing as received) & as long as you talk to them before it's shipped, they can change it. I had an order placed wrong once & it was already shipped when I called-the same day the order was placed!

I think I am confused (my natural state). I got an order on my website yesterday and she did use the open show she was supposed to, I then entered it into PP to place the order. Is that not correct. I thought all orders through the website get entered into PP and then submitted that way. Could someone clarify this for me. Thanks!!!

Guests have the option to order through a show or individually. The show orders have to be put in through PP, but individual orders go straight to the home office, where they are processed and shipped separately. You still get the commission, of course, and email notification. Did that clarify? :)

I had the same problem the other day. You need to call HO immediately to let them know they need to cancel the order. Make sure you jot down what the order is first. THen you need to call the host to let them know you need the credit card info because the order was entered incorrectly and was cancelled. Good luck.

Thanks so much for the clarification. i didn't know there was a difference.

Update...Well, after sitting on hold last night for almost 1 1/2 hours, the order wasn't in the system yet, and they couldn't do anything.

So, I called first thing this morning (it was showing up on the shipping page), and it was still open, so they canceled it! YEAH!

This person is doing some Christmas shopping! Whole bunch of little stuff, and the Prof. 4 piece cookware set...YEAH ME...love that "FREE" money!

Issue resolved, and I breathe as easily as my squished (from baby) lungs can manage!!! :p

I am so happy for you (and the host) that it got resolved!

nikked said:
I just got an email from an upcoming host's out-of-state mother. She is giving me instructions for the order she just placed on my website...but I can tell from the way it's worded that she DID NOT put the order under her daughter's name!

I still have not received an email from HO saying that the order was placed, so I'm worried that she didn't even go to my website, although she said she did.

She did email me the Order #, which will be helpful...but in the meantime, I have a $250+ order floating out there in cyber land...I've been on hold for 30 minutes with HO, with no end in site!

Just had to vent...I have instructions on my website, and everyone keeps talking about the new warning feature, but that still didn't help!!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent...the fact that it's such a huge order softens the blow though!:rolleyes:

UGH - I had the same thing yesterday although thankfully mine was only a $15 order. The hostess told her out-of-towners, "Just go to www.pamperedchef.com" and place your order....I TOLD HER A DOZEN TIMES AND HAVE IT PRINTED ON EVERY NIVITATION AND EVERY PIECE OF INFO I GAVE HER THAT THEY HAVE TO GO THRU MY SITE AND INPUT HER NAME AS THE HOSTESS IN ORDER FOR THE ORDERS TO CREDIT TO HER SHOW!!!!!!!
Well, let me tell you - she called HO and then she called me and chewed me a new one..."So you're saying that YOUR COMPANY will not do anything toresolve this?? Let me tell you I will NEVER do business with PC ever again....etc etc etc" I calmly explained to her that all she had to do was have her aunt (the person who placed th eorder) put the box out on her porch and PC will come pick it up and we will put her order thru again properly and they will send her a new one. NOPE - not good enough. What a wench. So, I told her whatever her total guest sales are... I will consider them to be $15 more so if she is close to a new level, she will get the free product value.

Oh, and did I mention that this woman who is RIDING me about a $15 order...lives in a $1.5 million home!?!?!?

It seems the RICH ones give you the most problems.... That might be why they are rich....LOL HA HA HA

Flamingo said:
It seems the RICH ones give you the most problems.... That might be why they are rich....LOL HA HA HA

I hate to say it but that is SO true.

dannyzmom said:
I TOLD HER A DOZEN TIMES AND HAVE IT PRINTED ON EVERY NIVITATION AND EVERY PIECE OF INFO I GAVE HER THAT THEY HAVE TO GO THRU MY SITE AND INPUT HER NAME AS THE HOSTESS IN ORDER FOR THE ORDERS TO CREDIT TO HER SHOW!!!!!!!

Do ya believe it!! What else can WE do - I guess we just keep pushing forward....

nikked said:

I had a guest do the same thing, though she swore she placed it under the host???:confused: But by the time I called them the same day I got the email notification they said it had already been shipped!:mad: that put my host just under that next level up so I ended up putting in my own personal order to get it there. :(

I've had this happen 4 times to me now with my fundraiser... I've had to call and cancel the orders with HO... Something should be done with the website. I think what throws my people off is that it says if you've been invited to a show... nothing about are you ordering for a fundraiser????Be lucky that you got it cancelled! Makes it much easier than having to deal with it after they send it out!

mhrivera said:
Guests have the option to order through a show or individually. The show orders have to be put in through PP, but individual orders go straight to the home office, where they are processed and shipped separately. You still get the commission, of course, and email notification. Did that clarify? :)

I just signed up for my website so I think I am still a bit confused. So if I have someone order off of my hosts shop, I have to enter that order in PP with all the papment info, etc. But if they are placing individual orders it will automatically go to HO for processing?

nikked said:
Well, after sitting on hold last night for almost 1 1/2 hours, the order wasn't in the system yet, and they couldn't do anything.

So, I called first thing this morning (it was showing up on the shipping page), and it was still open, so they canceled it! YEAH!

This person is doing some Christmas shopping! Whole bunch of little stuff, and the Prof. 4 piece cookware set...YEAH ME...love that "FREE" money!

Issue resolved, and I breathe as easily as my squished (from baby) lungs can manage!!! :p
That is AWESOME!!! I am sooo glad you were able to get that fixed! The PWS now has a pop up about individual orders. I had a problem with a fundraiser where someone ordered individually and the org didn't get credit. GLAD IT WORKED OUT!

The same thing happened to me 2 wks ago. I used the order # and called tech support and then HO. The order was put in as an indiv online order. It was real weird b/c I had not even qualified and my website wasn't equipped at the time for that. HO said she'd have to cancel the order and then reorder, but after talking to the hostess we agreed not to put her mom thru that. Her mom's first order was completely lost. Let me know what HO found out.

nikked said:
Well, after sitting on hold last night for almost 1 1/2 hours, the order wasn't in the system yet, and they couldn't do anything.

Nicole,

Rather than waste your time on hold, use their call back feature. I use it everytime and they call me back everytime. This way I can be doing other things while waiting. If you have errands to run you can give them your cell phone number as a call back number. It works great and I have never had them NOT call me back. Try it next time, you will be very pleased!!

This JUST happened to me for tomorrow's show. Home Office is closed, so I am not sure I can get the order canceled. I sent an E-mail to my host to let her know there was a chance that nothing could be done. I did not know who's show it was to go to, so I sent out an E-mail to all of my hostesses (10 of them) to find out who it belongs to. Such a pain. I wish it was harder for people to place orders (does that make sense) you know, when you go to delete something, it asks you 20 times if you are sure you want to delete this. It should ask at least 3 times if there is a host you want to get credit for this order.

jasonmva said:
I just signed up for my website so I think I am still a bit confused. So if I have someone order off of my hosts shop, I have to enter that order in PP with all the papment info, etc. But if they are placing individual orders it will automatically go to HO for processing?
If they want to place an order online towards your host show:
1. The show needs to be setup online (through consultants corner)
2. They need to go to your personal website and put the hosts name in the "host section" once it is set up. If they choose individual order it will not be attached to the show.

It is very confusing. They really should fix the directions on how to order through a show.

Jayne said:
Nicole,

Rather than waste your time on hold, use their call back feature. I use it everytime and they call me back everytime. This way I can be doing other things while waiting. If you have errands to run you can give them your cell phone number as a call back number. It works great and I have never had them NOT call me back. Try it next time, you will be very pleased!!

I use that feature all the time, but when you call at night (when this happened), many times it is not available. They don't want to be calling back after closing time, so at a certain point, that option is turned off. It's rough, and I wish that wasn't what happens, but it is.

Moral of that story is...DON'T CALL AT NIGHT IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO!:rolleyes:

I've started doing something new with the online shows to make it easier to make sure the guests order off of the hosts and not an individual online show. I set up the show, put my name in as a guest, send myself an invite, click on the link in the invite, then copy that link into http://tinyurl.com/ and make a tiny url, then I or the hosts send an email using the tinyurl which takes the customer directly into ordering off of the show. Then I have no more worries about orders being put in wrong. Once the show has expired if they click on the link it will still bring them to my website and then they can place an individual order.

Tasha,
Does it go to ordering on their show? Did you clear your cookies and hit the url to test it out? I tried this (from the site url-after entering their name-not an email url) and found it was only taking me to ordering specifically on that person's show b/c of the cookies on my comp. Once I cleared them it couldn't find that exact page but it took me to ordering. I will test it from an email url--you can tell by the address. Do you get what I mean? I also have sent hostesses invites in email form (made on word) and attached links. Instead of them using the host section they just foward the invite (it looks great--using the same routing as a newsletter-not the ungl wordy boring looking kind) The invite has links to the web page, the ordering page and the sign up page. Pre-cookies the computer sends all news pages to the homepage, but once they look around the site the comp routes them to specific pages. Pretty cool--I'll share if you want.
-MGG
[email protected]

Last edited:
we noticed the same thing...
dannyzmom said:
I hate to say it but that is SO true.

In our former family business of Greenhouse Tomatoes, the rich would try and steal more tomatoes into their baskets when we turned around and those you thought their cars wouldn't make it home wanted to give more $$ for the tomatoes!!!

Sad but True.

Liz

Anyone notice the new pop-up when customers try to order products through PWS? It double-checks that they aren't ordering as part of a show.

What a good thing!

I'm glad they added that feature, I just hope the guests then read and input correctly!!

chefann said:
Anyone notice the new pop-up when customers try to order products through PWS? It double-checks that they aren't ordering as part of a show.

What a good thing!

It is great. I hope it helps in having fewer people mis-order.

Ahhh, my sister-in-law must have placed an individual order instead of with my show. Guess there's nothing I can do about it huh? But my question is--if someone places an individual order on my website how do I find out about it? Shouldn't HO send me an email or something?

You should get a "daily activity" order at the end of the day...

Hi Amy,

You will receive an email from PC that says that you had online activity, and it will tell you who placed the order, what they ordered and the total. I was told that sometimes will take 24 hours for the email to be sent to you. I had a nice amount on my website this holiday season and worked with this a lot. Good luck!

Just a hint,
A lot of times it will show up in your Shipment Status screen before you get the email. Then you can click on the order number and see the order details. :p

MGG said:
Tasha,
Does it go to ordering on their show? Did you clear your cookies and hit the url to test it out? I tried this (from the site url-after entering their name-not an email url) and found it was only taking me to ordering specifically on that person's show b/c of the cookies on my comp. Once I cleared them it couldn't find that exact page but it took me to ordering. I will test it from an email url--you can tell by the address. Do you get what I mean? I also have sent hostesses invites in email form (made on word) and attached links. Instead of them using the host section they just foward the invite (it looks great--using the same routing as a newsletter-not the ungl wordy boring looking kind) The invite has links to the web page, the ordering page and the sign up page. Pre-cookies the computer sends all news pages to the homepage, but once they look around the site the comp routes them to specific pages. Pretty cool--I'll share if you want.
-MGG
[email protected]

I've put better/more accurate directions over in post http://chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?p=178659#post178659 . But I'd love to hear how you do your thing also.

Last edited:

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kate0831
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jennyl
  • Maya Bamer
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash