• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A Sleepover for the Directors: Memories of 8 Years Ago

read moreSo, does anyone follow the Flylady and her ways? Has anyone tried and 'fallen' so to speak? Does anyone wonder what the heck I'm talking about? LOL...To answer my own question, I attempted the Flylady's way a couple years ago. One of my close friends was trying it and gave me a printed out journal for the holidays. I think I have it some where. LOL...I started out well enough... did the bed, can't put my shoes on first thing though.. and such but my life moves so fast it felt like things were crashing down around me. I also can't get up 15 minutes before everyone else.. DH wakes
DebPC
Staff member
My director did a sleep over for her directors(5) about 8 years ago.My director did a sleep over for her directors(5) about 8 years ago. We had pizza, discussed a few topics and did some training. Then relaxed, talked, drank and hit our sleeping bags. We had breakfast the next morning and then were out the door. It was fun.

I would love to do this but I have 3 guys on my team...
I'd love to do something fun though.....

I know- I have 2 guys also. Obviously my director just had females.

Wasn't sure where else to put this but since the Flylady's idea is to reduce stress by reducing clutter and such, I figure it fits! LOL...

So, does anyone follow the Flylady and her ways?

Has anyone tried and 'fallen' so to speak?

Does anyone wonder what the heck I'm talking about? LOL...

To answer my own question, I attempted the Flylady's way a couple years ago. One of my close friends was trying it and gave me a printed out journal for the holidays. I think I have it some where. LOL... I started out well enough... did the bed, can't put my shoes on first thing though.. and such but my life moves so fast it felt like things were crashing down around me. I also can't get up 15 minutes before everyone else.. DH wakes up at 3:30am! LOL... but I do prepare coffee the night before so all he has to do is hit the on button and I pack him a lunch too the night before.. I can't get up before the kids either... I'm just a lousy morning person! LOLI've incorporated some of the principles though and kept them up. We have a Household Journal that's really a big fat binder with clear pocket pages. Sectioned out so that new bills to pay go in one when they come in so they don't get lost or misplaced and I know where they are when it's time to pay them, a section for school related stuff - mostly future reference stuff, a section for take out menus, a section for other stuff I don't want to lose... and so it goes. I did lag with it for a time but got back into it. Also I started a companion called The Brains of the House which is just a notebook. I write in it things to do in my perpetual to do list. They can be long term things or things I just keep forgetting to do or things I need to do but can't seem to figure out when... when I finish one, I cross it off... if I fill up a page and haven't done something I transfer it to the next and fold down that old page. I like to see progress and it's a good way for me to see it and feel it so I don't feel like I'm running around accomplishing nothing. I also bought a real ostrich feather duster... I used it a few time but keep forgetting to dust plus, dusting makes my nose go closed anyway and I keep losing track of our dust masks. LOL... I've also made a great effort at times, to declutter. The last great time was this past summer when our house was royally infested with fleas and we literally cleaned out closets and drawers to wash EVERYTHING... so as things were washed and folded I started bags and bags of outgrowns, never worns, never will wear clothing and donated... goodness, close to a dozen bags of clothing and toys til all was said and done. It kinda spawned my 11 yo son too to go through his room and declutter! So, I'm a fallen Fly... but at least I keep tryin. LOL..

I am a one wingged fly. I do the program in fits and starts.

friday said:
I am a one wingged fly. I do the program in fits and starts.

Aww... I thought you were going to tell me you fly around in circles. *giggle*

lkprescott said:
Aww... I thought you were going to tell me you fly around in circles. *giggle*

RIGHT. Well in a way I do. Aimlessly... in circles... Sorry ladies. If it is above survival it might not get done in my house. 3 boys make mess faster than I can clean it. Did you know that 5 people use 65 pieces of dishes in one day? And 60 items of laundry. EVERY DAY. That does not include the piles they leave at the door, the spills, the wrappers that never QUITE make it to the bin. You get the idea. One day off and the whole thing falls apart. Getting sick is not an option!!:cry:

I'm a FLYbaby...I have cleaning products under every bathroom sink, so that's a start! Now all I need to do is use them! lol Actually, I just need to be disciplined with the routine of doing a little every day, instead of once a week. I have incorporated the 'clutter-free' zones and regularly clean out my closets and my kids' closets. I'm a work in progress...isn't that what it's about? Progress, not perfection.

Never heard of flylady. I take it as some sort of organization thing? Enlighten me...

Fly lady's plan has helped me a great deal. I'm taking it slowly, and decluttering the house, house looks better and feels GOOD too :) Probably a stranger would think the house is still chaotic but we can see the difference.

Where do you get this flylady stuff? Online? a book? a club?

Check out flylady.com

:)

I've been flying in fits and starts for several years, and I can tell you that the program really does work. You can even "ramp up" to the program in bits and pieces, as I have, and you'll see results.I don't get up before my husband. But, when he gets up to go shower I get up, make the bed, and go start breakfast. While he's showering I also pack his lunch for the day. Once he leaves, I give myself 30 minutes on the computer. Then I hit the shower and get dressed. (I'm always in the shower by 7:05)I do a quick once-over on the house, making sure that I haven't lost any ground anywhere (ha!) and then I do 15 minutes in the zone and start a load a of laundry.By 8 am I've made some progress, so if the rest of the day falls apart (and it often does!) I've at least moved forward a tiny bit.This "Flylady Lite" plan has helped me get my master bathroom under control, and my very small kitchen is almost totally decluttered. I now look at my purchases differently--is this something that I'm going to use often enough to justify the space it's going to take up in the kitchen?I re-read her book every few months to keep myself motivated. Eventually I'll even have a control journal!It's a great program, and it really works. I suggest anyone give it a try, it certainly can't hurt!

Creole Catholic said:
Gently snipped: " I've been flying in fits and starts for several years

This "Flylady Lite" plan has helped me get my master bathroom under control, and my very small kitchen is almost totally decluttered. "

Same here!!

In the kitchen I only kept my very favorite things. Most of that was Pampered Chef...which made me realize it was time to start up my business again, after a 10 year hiatus.

The 15 min on, 15 break is really helping me--slow but steady, doing my housework and building my PC biz :)

Related to A Sleepover for the Directors: Memories of 8 Years Ago

What is "A Sleepover for the Directors: Memories of 8 Years Ago" about?

"A Sleepover for the Directors: Memories of 8 Years Ago" is a book written by a group of friends who worked together at Pampered Chef 8 years ago. It recounts their experiences and memories from that time, particularly their annual sleepover tradition.

Who wrote "A Sleepover for the Directors: Memories of 8 Years Ago"?

The book was written by a group of friends, all of whom were directors at Pampered Chef at the time. Their names are Sarah, Rachel, Emily, Beth, and Jessica.

Is "A Sleepover for the Directors: Memories of 8 Years Ago" available for purchase?

Yes, the book can be purchased on the Pampered Chef website or through various online retailers such as Amazon.

What inspired the authors to write "A Sleepover for the Directors: Memories of 8 Years Ago"?

The authors were inspired to write the book as a way to capture and preserve their memories from their time at Pampered Chef. They wanted to share their experiences and celebrate their friendship through this book.

Are there any plans for a sequel to "A Sleepover for the Directors: Memories of 8 Years Ago"?

At this time, there are no plans for a sequel. However, the authors have expressed interest in potentially writing another book together in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• GeorgiaPeach
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • mhrivera
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
heat123
Replies