• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

7 Layer Southwest Salad in the Trifle Bowl?????

In summary, the conversation discusses making a 7 layer southwest salad in a trifle bowl for a show. Multiple people have made it successfully and have added their own variations, such as adding chicken or ground beef, using two sets of layers, and adding corn for more color and flavor. The recipe for the salad is also shared. It is mentioned that there is a book full of trifle bowl recipes available.
Morvin
has anyone made the 7 layer southwest salad in the trifle bowl? Does it all fit? I am makeing this at a show tonight and i would much rather do it in the trifle bowl then take the big simple additions square bowl (i don't have the dots bowl yet) But i am concerned that it won't fit.

Thank you

Heather

I've made it in mine & it fits just fine! :) I've even added chicken or ground beef to it. So yummy!

It fits. I make it in 2 sets of layers because it's easier for everyone to get all the layers. A clustermate puts the tomatoes (halved grape tomatoes) up against the glass, so they make a pretty layer.Edit: to clarify - I make a single batch of salad, and use half of each ingredient at a time to make 2 sets of layers. Not a double batch. :)

Good point, Ann. I did that too with mine.

chefann said:
It fits. I make it in 2 sets of layers because it's easier for everyone to get all the layers. A clustermate puts the tomatoes (halved grape tomatoes) up against the glass, so they make a pretty layer.

Edit: to clarify - I make a single batch of salad, and use half of each ingredient at a time to make 2 sets of layers. Not a double batch. :)

This is what I do too - I also add a layer of corn for even more color and flavor!

thank you so much for the info and all of the great ideas!!
Now i can pack!!!

Thanks
heather

Where can this recipe be found?

Here's one I have on file. I guess it it the same one. I have done a Mississippi Cornbread Salad before in it that was a huge hit too.

Layered Southwest Salad
Yield: Makes 6 servings
Ingredients:

Creamy Ranch-Style Dressing
1jicama (3/4 pound), peeled and cut into 8 wedges
1can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
2/3cup salsa
1/2cup diced red onion
10ounces spinach, washed, stemmed and chopped
1package (10 ounces) frozen corn, cooked, drained and cooled
4large hard-cooked eggs, peeled and sliced
1-1/2cups (6 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
Fresh oregano for garnish

Preparation:
Prepare Creamy Ranch-Style Dressing. Cut jicama wedges crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick slices. Combine beans, salsa and onion in medium bowl. Layer half of spinach, jicama, bean mixture, corn, eggs and Creamy Ranch-Style Dressing in Trifle Bowl. Repeat first 5 layers beginning with spinach and ending with eggs; sprinkle with cheese. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours before serving. Garnish, if desired

This may helpI have a book full of trifle bowl recipes including salads that I introduced last year. Deb said I should offer it again this year. But yes, any salad with multiple ingredients will work.

Attachments

• Triffle Bowl Book-Order Form.pdf
    10.6 KB · Views: 326

Related to 7 Layer Southwest Salad in the Trifle Bowl?????

What are the ingredients for the 7 Layer Southwest Salad?

The ingredients for the 7 Layer Southwest Salad include: black beans, corn, red bell pepper, avocado, cherry tomatoes, shredded cheese, and lettuce. You will also need a dressing of your choice.

Can I make the 7 Layer Southwest Salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the salad ahead of time. However, we recommend adding the avocado and dressing right before serving to prevent them from getting soggy.

Can I use a different type of bean for the salad?

Yes, you can use a different type of bean for the salad. Pinto beans or kidney beans would also work well in this recipe.

Can I use a different type of cheese for the salad?

Yes, you can use a different type of cheese for the salad. Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese would be great alternatives to the shredded cheese called for in the recipe.

How do I serve the 7 Layer Southwest Salad in the Trifle Bowl?

To serve the salad, simply use a large spoon or tongs to scoop out individual portions. The layers will stay intact and make for a beautiful presentation in the trifle bowl.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefMoore
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kspry
  • spoiledchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
spoiledchef
Replies