• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Seven Layer Southwestern Salad- Trifle

In summary, to make the Seven Layer Southwestern Salad Trifle, you will need shredded lettuce, black beans, corn, red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, avocado, shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream, taco seasoning, green onions, and crushed tortilla chips. This salad can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator, but add the tortilla chips right before serving. You can use any type of lettuce, and this recipe makes 8-10 servings, but can be adjusted to make more or less. Additionally, you can add or substitute any ingredients to make the salad your own.
chefkugler
Hello
Has anyone done the 7 layer southwestern salad in the trifle bowl??? I have a show tonight and I'm making it that way. I have done the salad, just not in the trifle.
We were supposed to do Fajita's, but learned yesterday her microwave is too small. We are doing slap your mama margarita's,so we wanted to stay w/ the Mexican theme.

Any advise??

I have not but I am willing to bet it looks gorgeous!

It did end up coming out great. Everyone loved it.

Can someone point me in the right direction to find the recipe for the 7-Layer Southwestern Salad?
Thanks

I believe it is in the Salad recipe CARD collection...

here you go.

Attachments

• Seven Layer Southwestern Salad.doc
    41.5 KB · Views: 279
Is this as delicious as it looks??? I've never made it.

Yes, it is very good. I serve it with tortilla chips and everyone loves it. You can push plenty of products with it too.

How high up in the Trifle Bowl did it come?

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Seven Layer Southwestern Salad Trifle?

To make the Seven Layer Southwestern Salad Trifle, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 head of lettuce, shredded
  • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 cup corn
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1 avocado, diced
  • 1 cup shredded cheese
  • 1 cup salsa
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 package taco seasoning
  • 1 bunch green onions, chopped
  • 1 bag tortilla chips, crushed

2. Can I make this ahead of time?

Yes, this salad can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Just make sure to keep the crushed tortilla chips separate and add them right before serving to maintain their crunchiness.

3. Can I use a different type of lettuce?

Yes, you can use any type of lettuce you prefer for this salad. Romaine or iceberg lettuce would work well as a substitute for the shredded lettuce.

4. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes approximately 8-10 servings. However, you can easily adjust the quantities of each ingredient to make more or less depending on your needs.

5. Can I add or substitute any ingredients?

Yes, feel free to add or substitute any ingredients to make this salad your own. Some popular additions or substitutions include using different types of beans, adding diced chicken or ground beef, or using a different type of cheese. Get creative and make it your own!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• annew
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jesusluvsu2005
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • Morvin