• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

5Pm Flight Home on Closing Day of Conf?

I think it would be possible this year, but I'm not positive. Someone who has done it in the past would know for sure.Thanks Becky!
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
Has anyone ever flown home right after conf? I'm thinking I should be able to make a 5pm flight out of Ohare?

In recent years, it seems like they go a little over the end time on that last general session, just FYI. You'll want to leave enough time to get to the airport and have the 60-90 minute leeway to check in before your flight. Some people probably head out of that last general session a little early, but you may miss out on getting the special edition Consultant News they always hand out on the way out of that session. You'd obviously have your luggage with you too...there is a place at McCormick Place for you to store it, so you'd have to leave time to go get it. Just trying to think about all the issues.:)

If that's the best flight to take, it may work, but you'll probably be cutting it close. If you're comfortable taking the "El" to the airport, that would probably get you there the fastest.

Thanks Becky,
Last time I went I left early the next morning. I knew of some cons. who had flights right after and cut it very close. Is there a stop for the train by McCormic? I can't remember? I guess I can look it now can't I....

Thanks again...

Would still like to hear from anyone who has flown out the night after conf

etteluap70PC said:
Thanks Becky,
Last time I went I left early the next morning. I knew of some cons. who had flights right after and cut it very close. Is there a stop for the train by McCormic? I can't remember? I guess I can look it now can't I....

Thanks again...

There is only a stop at McCormic on the weekend.

etteluap70PC said:
Thanks Becky,

Thanks again...

The "El" (which is the subway system in and around Chicago) doesn't have a stop at McCormick place. You could probably take a cab to a close stop and still save $$$. The El ride to anywhere is only $2. Hopefully you'll hear from someone else on here who left at that time.:D

I think 2 years ago, we had a 5:30 flight on the last day, & made it okay.

chefjeanine said:
There is only a stop at McCormic on the weekend.

This stop is part of Chicago's Metra System, or electric train. The "South Shore", which is how I get to and from conference each year, also runs on these tracks. They stop at McCormick Place only on weekends. Two years ago, when our wave ended on Saturday, we were able to store our luggage at the McCormick and then hightail it down to the stop.

Related to 5Pm Flight Home on Closing Day of Conf?

1. What are the recommended flight times for a 5pm closing on the day of the conference?

The recommended flight time for a 5pm closing on the day of the conference is no earlier than 7pm. This allows for enough time to wrap up any last-minute tasks and pack up before heading to the airport.

2. Is it possible to change my flight if my closing time changes?

Yes, it is possible to change your flight if your closing time changes. However, there may be additional fees or penalties depending on the airline's policies. We recommend booking a flight with flexible or refundable options in case of any schedule changes.

3. How far in advance should I book my flight for a 5pm closing on the day of the conference?

We recommend booking your flight at least 2-3 months in advance to ensure availability and potentially save on costs. However, if you need to make any changes, it is best to do so at least 2 weeks before the conference to avoid any last-minute fees.

4. Can I request an earlier closing time to accommodate an earlier flight?

Unfortunately, we are unable to change the closing time of the conference. The schedule is carefully planned to accommodate all attendees and changing one person's closing time may disrupt the flow of the event. We recommend booking a flight that aligns with the conference schedule.

5. Are there any transportation options provided for attendees on the day of the conference?

We do not provide transportation for attendees on the day of the conference. However, many hotels offer shuttle services to and from the airport. We also recommend using ride-sharing apps or arranging carpooling with other attendees to save on transportation costs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
VeronicaW
Replies
Views
NinaPChef
  • pchefjaime
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pchefjaime