• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

30 Min Chicken Recipe - Help I'm Making It in a Few

In summary, the host pre-melt butter in a skillet, put the chicken in the DCB, set up the demo area, and greeted guests. The show consisted of going thru a run of 30 minutes of chicken.
aksusan
I can't find my original recipe for the 30 minute chicken in the DCB but found a recipe document that I downloaded for microwave DCB recipes. It does not list a power level, so I'm wondering if you use the microwave on high or a lower temp when making the whole chicken dcb.

thanks!

You do it on high!

Have fun with it - it's one of my favorite demos!

thank you!!

I am doing this at a show next week and have never made it- can anyone give me any tips on how to do it and provide me with suggestions for a side dish to use with it? Thanks you so much! I am nervous just because I have never tried this :)

KCPChef said:
I am doing this at a show next week and have never made it- can anyone give me any tips on how to do it and provide me with suggestions for a side dish to use with it? Thanks you so much! I am nervous just because I have never tried this :)

This is the greatest!

I do the 30 Minute Chicken and Garlic Parmesan Biscuit Bites.

the chicken - I use the recipe that is on the website for the 30 minute chicken, only I usually add 1 Tbls of Smoky BBQ rub or Jerk Rub to it too.

Make sure you oil the chicken and use the flour mixture - this is what gives it that nice crispy crust.

For the Garlic Parm Biscuits:

1 Can GRANDS Biscuits (8 count)
4 tbls butter
1 clove garlic - pressed
1/4-1/2 cup grated parmesan
Italian Seasoning - or the Garlic Parm Oil dipping seasoning

Melt butter in 10" skillet, press garlic into pan, grate cheese into pan, sprinkle in seasoning. Cut biscuits into quarters and layer in pan - use Mix n Scraper to stir and coat biscuits. Bake for 15-18 minutes @ 350.

I'll see if I can find my notes for this show!

You just rinse your chicken really well with cold water. (Remember to remove the bag of guts, too!) Pat it dry w/ paper towels. I spray my DCB with the spritzer. Plop the chicken in there, breast side up. I sometimes will peel a couple cloves of garlic, and cut them in half and push them in under the skin. Then I spritz it with oil and then sprinkle with whatever flavor seasoning I'm in the mood for. Cover and microwave on high for 30 minutes. I take it out and check with the digital pocket thermometer. Then I let it sit for a few minutes. Take it out and carve it up. A great side dish would be the Garlic Biscuit Bites. Or steam some broccoli on the stove top. Or whip up a salad. In the spring and summer time, I love to make a Strawberry Spinach salad.

Okay - this is my whole show outline for this show....I went back and found where I'd typed it for my buddy Paulette!

Hope this helps!

It's a simple show - here is the list of ingredients the host needs:

1 Chicken (3.5 - 4.5 lbs)
1 can Grands Biscuits
1 Tbls olive or canola oil
1 ounce block parmesan cheese (if they don't usually buy - I bring some of this)
3 Tbls. stick butter (not margarine)
1-2 garlic cloves

I bring with me chicken seasoning mix made up in a prep bowl (I add BBQ rub to it also) and Italian Seasoning for the biscuits.

Here is my outline for the show - I print this up and take it with me to keep me on track! (without the added notes in purple)

PRE-SHOW:
Set up Checkout area I find a spot that is a bit away from the demo/eating area, and set up my computer, host & booking info, recipe cards, and recruiting info
Set up Display Area Any products not part of the demo - cookbooks, spices, new colors, etc.....set up, along with acrylic stands with Theme Show & Host Bonus info
Melt Butter in pan - I pre-melt the butter in the 10" skillet for the biscuits
Put chicken in DCB I wash, dry, and place chicken in the DCB
Set up demo area - I set up all products to be used in demo - DCB, prep bowl w/ seasoning mix (I make this at home), skillet, Parm cheese in Micro Grater, Garlic & Garlic Press, Italian Seasoning, cutting board, forged utility knife, and biscuits, and RUFTH Trivet, and 2 silicone hot pads.
Preheat oven (for biscuits)
Meet & Greet guests Greet all guests and write their name on a nametag for them

SHOW
Welcome! Any first-timers? first timers get a twixit - if it's the right crowd they also get teased about being PC virgins, and I'm glad that I get to be their first....
You are in for a treat! (explain show)
I go thru a run down of the show - fun food and free stuff.....and then I tell them that they are going to experience something incredible! I realize they are going to be skeptical, because I was too - and tell this story:"Other consultants kept saying how incredible it was, and I kept saying to
myself "there is no way it can be that good"! And there is NO WAY I am roasting a chicken in the microwave!
But then I found a whole chicken marked down to $.49 lb....so I thought hey, it will only cost me $2 to ruin a chicken...what have I got to lose? So I took it
home, and I tried it. At first I kept waiting for my microwave to explode....but
then I started smelling the incredibly yummy smell coming from my microwave. (at this time, they are starting to smell the chicken roasting too), and when it was done - I was honestly expecting a rubber chicken, but what I got instead was the most incredibly moist, falling off the bone, delicious chicken that rivaled any chicken I had ever purchased in the deli! I fed it to my husband for dinner, without telling him how it was made - and he said it was some of the best chicken he had ever had!
Now, I make this for my family at least 2-3 times a month, and seriously, every time I take it out of the microwave, I still look at it and say 'That's
Incredible! I can't believe I just made this chicken in the microwave in 30
minutes!" And that is why we call this the Incredible 30 Minute Chicken! I can
guarantee that when I serve this chicken to you tonight, you will be saying the same thing!"

Thank Host (name) – give gift
Explain host's other gifts she will receive tonight
Guest Special for the evening
Introduce myself.......tell story briefly
Demo Chicken I show them the chicken (it's had the lid on until this point) and then I oil the chicken & rub on the seasoning mix (I use gloves) telling them what is in the mix.– have host put in microwave
Demo Biscuits I briefly show the cookware, and say we will talk more about how amazing it is after we get the biscuits in the oven. I press garlic in the pan - talk about garlic press uses......I shake in Italian Seasoning.....talk about our great spices and rubs..........I grate in parm cheese - talk about all the uses for the micro grater.......cut up biscuits w/ forged knife, and talk about knives and cutting board. Dump in biscuits and stir w/ mix n scraper....talk about scraper collection. Put biscuits in the oven
do Ice Cube demoPass around 8" pan w/ ice cube in it, so they can all experience cookware - talk about the benefits and ease of cooking with our cookware

Talk about Host & Guest specials for Nov & Dec.
If there is time, I also go over some new products.....pass around the new sprinkles......

CLOSING

Take Chicken & Biscuits out of ovens - let chicken rest, and slide biscuits onto Dots Plate. I ALWAYS give them the tip about letting your meat sit for 5-10 minutes before carving to redistribute the juices......I say - "So you think you always over cook your chicken, turkey, or roast......well, I'm here to tell you it's not you! You are a way better cook than you think! All you need to do is let it sit, and it will be perfect! This always gets lots of gasps and "I didn't know that's"
Then I have been saying that no one I know, even if they love cook, and especially of they don't love it, has time to spend an hour or more making dinner - but at the same time, we feel that "mommy guilt" if we are feeding our family frozen, convenience, and take-out foods. At my house I have found that the DCB is a solution to that problem and that using it, in 30 minutes or less, I can feed my family a sit-down dinner of REAL FOOD REAL FAST! While the chicken is cooking and the biscuits are in the oven, you can be getting a veggie or salad made, and set the table and have the dishwasher emptied! I then list several of the recipes that can be made....including a dessert!
Share the rest of my story.......great time to own your own business!
3 -4 minutes of Housekeeping
Guest Special for Tonight
Upcoming Host Specials
Fill out Guest Care Cards
Do Drawing
Thank everyone for coming
Explain check out
Eat and place orders.

I always season my chicken...it comes out tasting and smelling like the rotisserie chickens from the grocery store. (It's called Sticky Chicken for reasons I have yet to understand).
You could pre-measure/mix the seasonings and bring them in a prep/pinch bowl, if you wanted to do something nice for your host.

These seasonings go on the chicken--under the skin, inside the cavities, on top of the skin...it's kind of a rub recipe.
4 tsp. salt
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. white pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. black pepper

Then, jut before cooking , place 1 cup chopped onion inside the main cavity.

My family LOVES this chicken!

1. Can I substitute the chicken for tofu or a different protein?

Yes, you can definitely substitute the chicken for a different protein such as tofu, shrimp, or even vegetables. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly and make sure to season it well.

2. Do I need to marinate the chicken beforehand?

No, you do not need to marinate the chicken beforehand for this recipe. The seasonings and cooking method will ensure that the chicken is flavorful and tender.

3. Can I make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it later?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it later. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container in the fridge and reheat it in the oven or on the stovetop until warmed through.

4. How do I know when the chicken is fully cooked?

The best way to know when the chicken is fully cooked is to use a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Alternatively, you can also cut into the thickest part of the chicken and make sure it is no longer pink.

5. Can I use frozen chicken for this recipe?

It is not recommended to use frozen chicken for this recipe as it may affect the cooking time and result in unevenly cooked chicken. It is best to thaw the chicken before preparing the dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristina16marie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • christiepchef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies