• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

3-Part Sales Receipt...need Opinion !!!

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of 3-part sales receipts and the confusion they may cause for both guests and consultants. The option of using outside order forms, which are easier to navigate and come with a wish list, is also mentioned. Some consultants prefer using laptops and printers to calculate and print receipts, while others prefer storing receipts in their Pampered Partner software. It is also mentioned that customers are advised to keep their receipts under their silverware tray and hosts may use them to cross-check orders.
TriciaAnn
Hi,
Has anyone ever thought that the 3-part sales recipts are confusing?

Have you ever had your guest looking for an item they couldn't find?

Have your guest ever had a hard time figuring up their order cost?

The reason I ask is because outside order forms seem a lot easier to deal with than the 3-part sales receipt.

What do you think? :confused:

We have the option of using either the 2 page form with all the products listed or a new write in order form that looks like the outside order form. Both types are 3 part forms so the guest can take a copy home and the host has one to sort the orders with. Last year a group of consultants tested using outside order forms instead of the regular one and the success of that trial is, I'm sure, the reason we have the optiono of using the write in form now!!

It really makes it easy for the guests and comes with a wish list so they have all the products listed by groups and then alphabetically so they can find what they want more easily.

I use a laptop at my shows so I just tell guests that if they still have a problem finding something I will be able to find it very quickly when they place their order and the computer does all the math - I tell them I'm calculator illiterage (which I am) and it gives them a chuckle. :p

I was using Outside Order Forms since probably about March of this year. I was glad when they came out with the triplicate version, so I obviously use those. I think the other one is just too overwhelming and confusing. However, I have found that most people don't use that last page/wish list on the write in forms, so I do miss out on people who would have just circled stuff on the other order form. I'm not too concerned about it since not too many people did that anyway back when I used the big/overwhelming form. I do refer to the wish list page to point out guarantee info and the products that come in the starter kit.

I hope to get a laptop in the next couple months and I can't wait to start using it at shows!! :D

I just use outside order forms this way it has the monthly special on it and everything. I bring my laptop to my shows and will soon be investing in a travel printer so I can print sales reciepts right there and not even have to do the math..the computer will do it for me!!! I love technology!

3-part sales receipt, confusing?I always tell my customers that they will end up with 2 reciepts after the close of the show. (the top copy & the back copy). I don't require my hosts to keep copies of customer's reciepts. (who needs more paper to file at home?) :D

I always tell my customers to store their pc receipts under their silverware tray in their silverware drawers & if they "lose" their receipt & call me for another one...I ask them about the silverware tray first! (I had gotten away from telling this at shows, & a preferred customer of mine was at another one of my shows where I didn't tell this...and she got really mad at me for not mentioning it!!!) So now I always mention it!!! It's funny how some people remember little things like the silverware tray.

By the way, that's where all my pc receipts are, too! I don't personally keep copies of the show receipts, even though there is a consultant copy. I have it stored in my Pampered Partner software & can print a receipt from any show, at anytime!

I have also been using the outside order forms & the write-in, 3 part type of receipt. It depends on the personal opinion of each consultant, I would think.

chefjulie_sc said:
I always tell my customers that they will end up with 2 reciepts after the close of the show. (the top copy & the back copy). I don't require my hosts to keep copies of customer's reciepts. (who needs more paper to file at home?) :D
I agree that no one needs more paper to keep track of but the host needed those receipts to sort the orders when they came to her house.

Now with the new guest printouts in the order they probably don't NEED the receipt copy anymore but I tell the host that she should cross check the orders with them. That way if there's a mistake it can be caught right away and the host will call me so that I can fix it. Some guests don't open their bag and boxes for a month after the show (no matter what we tell them) and then they forgot what they ordered and it's too late for the free shipping if it's wrong and then they're not happy.

I guess I should've mentioned that! OOPS!Thanks Beth. I do leave all the originals with the host, so that she can sort the orders when they arrive. (that's why I tell the customers, they will end up with 2 receipts in the end.) One to take home, & one will come with their products.

I also agree with you on the new shipping/sorting sheets! I just had a show delivered to my house, where I sorted & bagged all of the orders & then delivered it to my host. It was AWESOME! I could check off the items, as I placed them in the bag...included the original receipt,which I did check to make sure the sorting sheet was correct, then stapled the sorting sheet on the OUTSIDE of the bag & highlighted the customer's name & my web-site address & jotted down a thank you note to the guest.

My hostess loved it, because she could just look at the paper & grab the order she would be delivering.

I've started using the write-in forms from PC and love them. At my last show I decided I wanted the "wish lists" back and told everyone to tear it off at the beginning of the show and use it during my demo (just like I used to with the old order forms - telling them to circle or check everything they like). I told them I would do a drawing at the end of the show for a prize once they turned them in.

Now I have the wish lists and was able to book a catalog show for November because she wanted the striped SA.

That is a great idea. I am finding that no one is filling out the wishlist, or if they do mark something on it, it is the things they are purchasing. I might try the drawing thing. I have a stack of wishlists and don't know what to do with them now.

Teresa,
I like your idea! I have been handing out the order forms at the beginning of the show (not catalogs) and telling people to mark anything they hear me talk about that they'd like to have in their kitchen on their wish list. Some do, some don't.

I wonder...what do you all think about tearing off the wish lists before the show, and just handing them out to the guests. Have them fill, circle, etc during the demo and then give them a catalog at the end of the show (still not the order form). What if you did that, had them mark everything they wanted on the wish list, and tell them that you'll fill out the order form for them when they check out. That way, you'd have more control over actually being a "consultant" on what would work best in their kitchen, and maybe make a last minute sale for something that they may not have marked on their order form otherwise. You might also have more control over helping them get to the $50 mark, or pointing out that they could get the rest of the items on their wish list for free with a kitchen show. You would also have fill out the top, giving you an excuse to ask every question at the top of the page (host a kitchen show, become a consultant, etc).

What do you think?

New formI'm glad someone posted this question. I've gotten some great ideas. The only reason I am hesitant to use the new form is that there is no way to make sure that the customer has written in the correct dollar amount. I have found that there have been a few mistakes, even with the other form, but i am able to catch it because I can see the price. I don't quite have them all down yet.

My goal: Have a laptop at my shows! I am not only calucaltor challenged, I get a little flustered (on the inside) with a line of people waiting for me.

Wow!That is a fantastic idea... I really mean it! I love how it gets them to use the wish list and you get some personal time with each guest to connect about hosting, etc.

I think I will try it! ;)

I give my guests a catalog, pen & wish list at the beginning of the show. That way, they can circle the items I talk about and/or what they want. This gives them a chance to not have to search high & low for the product in the catalog. After my demo, I give them an order form (the triplicate one) and tell them to write down the items they wish to purchase today. If the list is too long for them to get it all right now, hosting a show is the best way to get the rest of their list for the least amount of money.

Since doing this as of a few weeks ago, I've noticed more bookings at shows. It really lets people know just how much product they really do want, and gives me a chance to throw one more booking line into my demo.

Jill Wright
Director, Benicia, CA
[email protected]
www.pamperedchef.biz/jillscooking

That sounds like a good idea!

Beth Brigham said:
I use a laptop at my shows so I just tell guests that if they still have a problem finding something I will be able to find it very quickly when they place their order and the computer does all the math - I tell them I'm calculator illiterage (which I am) and it gives them a chuckle. :p

Beth, how do you quickly find items on your computer (I bring mine too). In PamperedPartner I don't always find it easy to find items... being new I don't know all the proper names yet... Thanks.

Chef Theresa said:
I've started using the write-in forms from PC and love them. At my last show I decided I wanted the "wish lists" back and told everyone to tear it off at the beginning of the show and use it during my demo (just like I used to with the old order forms - telling them to circle or check everything they like). I told them I would do a drawing at the end of the show for a prize once they turned them in.

Now I have the wish lists and was able to book a catalog show for November because she wanted the striped SA.

So you are using the wish lists - with their names on them as your drawing slips? VERY interesting!

on the order screen you can click the magnifying glass. It will help you look items up by category such as price, stoneware etc.

i would suggest using item numbers...it's ALOT easier. if not, then when you click on the magnifying glass, click on the column at the top where the item name is listed and it will alphabatize itself. I always use items #'s though b/c the guest won't always write the correct description and I hate to have to scan the catalog. If you use item #'s, all you do is type the #, then hit enter, then if they only want 1 of the item, hit enter again and it will go to the next line, otherwise enter the quantity ad hit enter...that's all there is to it. I hope this helps and sorry I answered for Beth..I just thought I might be able to help

chefbilyeu said:
Teresa,
I like your idea! I have been handing out the order forms at the beginning of the show (not catalogs) and telling people to mark anything they hear me talk about that they'd like to have in their kitchen on their wish list. Some do, some don't.

I wonder...what do you all think about tearing off the wish lists before the show, and just handing them out to the guests. Have them fill, circle, etc during the demo and then give them a catalog at the end of the show (still not the order form). What if you did that, had them mark everything they wanted on the wish list, and tell them that you'll fill out the order form for them when they check out. That way, you'd have more control over actually being a "consultant" on what would work best in their kitchen, and maybe make a last minute sale for something that they may not have marked on their order form otherwise. You might also have more control over helping them get to the $50 mark, or pointing out that they could get the rest of the items on their wish list for free with a kitchen show. You would also have fill out the top, giving you an excuse to ask every question at the top of the page (host a kitchen show, become a consultant, etc).

What do you think?

I *like* the idea, but I think my guests would become annoyed by how long it took to actually "let" them write out their orders. Some attend to be social, know what they like and just fill it in, and look forward to being social. They have added things, and when I "cross sell" when inputting into my computer I am able to sell more. I guess you just need to have a feel about who's there and why? (What do I know - I'm onto kitchen show #3 tomorrow).

luvs2sellit said:
on the order screen you can click the magnifying glass. It will help you look items up by category such as price, stoneware etc.

THANK YOU!!!!

chefjill said:
I give my guests a catalog, pen & wish list at the beginning of the show. That way, they can circle the items I talk about and/or what they want. This gives them a chance to not have to search high & low for the product in the catalog. After my demo, I give them an order form (the triplicate one) and tell them to write down the items they wish to purchase today. If the list is too long for them to get it all right now, hosting a show is the best way to get the rest of their list for the least amount of money.

Since doing this as of a few weeks ago, I've noticed more bookings at shows. It really lets people know just how much product they really do want, and gives me a chance to throw one more booking line into my demo.

Jill Wright
Director, Benicia, CA
[email protected]
www.pamperedchef.biz/jillscooking

Worded that way I like it. :)

What is a 3-Part Sales Receipt?

A 3-Part Sales Receipt is a type of sales receipt that contains three sections: the original copy for the customer, a duplicate copy for the merchant, and a triplicate copy for record-keeping purposes. This allows for easy tracking of sales and inventory.

Why is a 3-Part Sales Receipt beneficial for my business?

A 3-Part Sales Receipt offers multiple benefits for businesses, such as providing a professional and organized way to document sales, simplifying the process of record-keeping and inventory tracking, and serving as a proof of purchase for customers.

Do I need a special printer to print 3-Part Sales Receipts?

No, you do not need a special printer to print 3-Part Sales Receipts. These receipts can be printed using any standard printer with carbonless paper, which is easily available at office supply stores.

Are there any regulations or guidelines I should follow when using 3-Part Sales Receipts?

While there are no specific regulations for using 3-Part Sales Receipts, it is always best to check with your local government or tax agency for any specific guidelines or requirements for sales receipts in your area.

Can I customize my 3-Part Sales Receipts with my business logo or information?

Yes, you can customize your 3-Part Sales Receipts with your business logo, contact information, and any other relevant details. This can help with branding and make your receipts more professional and personalized for your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lifeat50
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • kdangel518
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • Kristianne