• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

3 Females/1 Male Rooming Together

In summary, the woman's consultant and friend wanted the woman and her husband to room together, but the husband has no problem with it. However, others may be uncomfortable with the arrangement.)
smspamperedchef
Silver Member
Ok. Here's the situation. A friend of mine and I want to room together with one of her consultants which is fine however my husband is going too! She and her consultant had said it was fine for all of us to room together. In fact it was their idea. My husband of course would be sleeping in my bed with me. Everything is fine with her until all of a sudden others told her they thought it was weird. What do you all think? He has no problem with it at all and I know that all he is going to do is go straight to sleep right when we get back to the hotel. He's a big comedian as well. Just wanting everyone's opinion and I guess majority will rule.

I dont see anything wrong with it.

It's your room, your choice. If they don't care, then it really shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Thanks! Everyone keep the responses coming!!!

Another thing, this would really help with our finances as hubby lost his job in December and things have been a bit tight and having 2 more in our room would relieve some of the stress. Thanks to PC I've been able to hold it together. THANKS PC!!!
He's going with me to watch me WALK!!!

My personal opinion okay? I would feel weird and I wouldn't do it. Thats just me though.

Hey Sharon,

If it were me, I would want to know the hubby. If I didn't know him, it may be a little weird. That's just my 2 cents.

My husband always goes to conference with me sometimes our kids go sometimes not. I would get my own room, if finances are tight book a cheaper hotel.

I don't see anything wrong with it. I would feel more "wierd" if he was a single guy rooming with three women. It's not like we walk around nude! (Well, at least the ladies I room with and I don't do that!)

KellyTheChef said:
I don't see anything wrong with it. I would feel more "wierd" if he was a single guy rooming with three women. It's not like we walk around nude! (Well, at least the ladies I room with and I don't do that!)

Oh I do! Just kidding! I don't know, I guess I'm not that comfortable with going bra-less at night with a man around. I won't do it with any man around! (of course with the exclusion of my dh!)

Last edited:
If you are all comfortable with it what would be the big deal? I wouldn't do it if the man was a stranger to me.

Under your circumstances I would definitely book it that way if I were you. You said it was the other women's idea so they must be good with it. I do have to say though that my dh may be a little uncomfortable if I was one of the "other women" - but then again it would have to be someone that we knew pretty well!

You are all adults and sounds like your dh will keep it light with his quips (humor). I don't know about most of you but I am careful about my dress, etc. even if there are only women in the room!

I have 5 sons and have been sharing hotel rooms with 3-4 men for years (the youngest is 18). I know, they are my own kids but I do have the issues of what I am wearing, etc. (I am very conservative). It's just a couple of days and you spend very little time in the room!

I would have no problem with it.I went to a Toastmasters (public speaking) conference years ago, and shared a room with my best friend and a single man. We knew him well. Actually, I'm not sure if he was even 18 at that point... he was close, anyway.We just treated it like summer camp and giggled like kids all night long. We had a lot of fun with it.

Sharon, as long as everyone is comfortable with it, it shouldn't be a problem. We worry too much about what others think about us.

It's not like you'll be "doing" anything other than sleeping there anyway. Schedule a little get to know us party and maybe that will ease their anxiety.

If everyone is comfortable with sharing, do it!

As long as the two of you and the other two ladies don't see a problem, neither do I. Some of us would be fine with that. Others would be completely uncomfortable. Frankly, if I'm not one of the people in the room, it's none of my business what your rooming situation is. (Since you asked for our opinions, though, I don't find it weird at all.)

I say if everyone feels comfortable with it go for it! It shouldn't be anybody elses business what you have to do. JMI

whats the big deal? if the others in the room are ok....then great! Dont worry about what others think...they are not going to be in the room!

THANKS for everyone's advice. Now, after all of this I can't even change my original room from King to 2 Doubles. UGH!!! Hotels are booked! Looks like they may be opening more rooms or even add another hotel soon.

Now, I've gotta be hones, Sharon. I might raise an eyebrow at the four of you sharing 1 bed.

As long as he's comfy and you're comfy and the other 2 ladies are comfy - who gives a hoot what othe rpeople think? Although if you end up with the one king bed...the housekeeprs may give ya funny loooks - LOL

Here's his chance to live like a polygamist!

raebates said:
Now, I've gotta be hones, Sharon. I might raise an eyebrow at the four of you sharing 1 bed.
Hey, what happens in Chicago, stays in Chicago.

My thought is this: I don't think how you choose your lodging is anyone's business. If they think its weird well, then I guess it a good thing they aren't rooming with you.

(Of course, the above is not directed to anyone in this thread, just those who were criticizing just to do it.)

Maybe the consultant friend simply changed her mind about the arrangement after giving it some thought. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Or perhaps she discussed it with people that she respects their opinion. It might seem like an ok thing to do now, but end up being uncomfortable for everyone.

well why are you taking your husband if your tight on money, It's a time to get away from your daily grind and have a good time, I wouldn't stay in a room with someone and there husband that would be way to wierd!!!!

I agree with you Steph. If money is an issue, why not have someone video you "taking the walk" and show it to him when you return home. Lots of money saved that way.

AJPratt said:
Hey, what happens in Chicago, stays in Chicago.

That's good to know, Anne. Really good to know.

Glad I could help!

lkspeir said:
Maybe the consultant friend simply changed her mind about the arrangement after giving it some thought. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Or perhaps she discussed it with people that she respects their opinion. It might seem like an ok thing to do now, but end up being uncomfortable for everyone.
Well, yes, I agree, those staying in the room have to be comfortable with what they are doing.

been there...Hi Sharon,
just wanted to let you know that my husband went last year and roomed with "us girls"...no problem! You spend so little time in the room anyway...He had a great time and none of the girls had any problem! He plans to go every other year!

What wave are you in? I'm in Wave 2? Is he going this year? Maybe we could room together, that is if I can still get a double room.

wave 2I'm in Wave 2...but sadly, he's not going this year! :(
Put out a request for another couple to contact you...there are plenty that go!!!

I can't see a problem with it.....I shared rooms with the ladies every conference I have ever been to.....except this one, (course it has nothing to do with what people think as to why I am changing) I just find you ladies a bit hard to maneuver around in the mornings :) But if 99.9% of these women have no problem going into a men's room to do their business, then why would it matter where you slept at night??????

thanks for all of the advice everyone! I guess whatever happens, happens!

I know how your husband might feel. I've been through the same situation several times. I always get my wife or someone else to ask the females how they would feel about me being there. The only time that someone objected was when they asked if I snored.

Last edited:
The other company I work for holds huge conventions every other year, plus a couple of other large regional events twice a year. It is often me, my dh and one or two other guys in the room. Everyone has always been respectful of one another and protected one another's privacy.

Buy dh some nice new jammies and have fun at conference, I say!

If I were walking, my dh would be there, no matter how tight our money was. In fact, after this year, I imagine he will go with with always. Some years I imagine we will encourage others to share a room with us because of low funds. Other years we are going to be on our own ;)

Sweetie, do whatever you are comfy with.

If you only have a king bed, bring an air mattress to let someone else share the room.

Thanks! Is DH going this year? If so, what wave and want roomies?

1. Is it okay for three females and one male to room together?

Yes, it is perfectly acceptable for three females and one male to room together. There is no rule or policy against it.

2. Is it common for people to room together in groups of three or more?

Yes, it is common for people to room together in groups of three or more, especially in situations like conferences or events where people may be trying to save money on hotel costs.

3. What should I do if others are making me feel uncomfortable about our rooming arrangement?

If others are making you feel uncomfortable about your rooming arrangement, it is important to communicate with them and explain that it was a mutual decision between you, your friend, and her consultant. If they continue to make you feel uncomfortable, it may be best to distance yourself from those individuals.

4. Can my husband and I share a bed in the same room as our friend and her consultant?

Yes, as long as all parties involved are comfortable with it, it is completely acceptable for a married couple to share a bed in the same room as others.

5. What if my husband is a jokester and may make others feel uncomfortable?

If your husband is a jokester, it is important to communicate with him and set boundaries for appropriate behavior while sharing a room with others. It may also be helpful to inform your friend and her consultant beforehand so they are aware and can prepare accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jwpamp
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies