• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant 2010 Family Feud Wii Game...locking Up....

In summary, the conversation discusses a recurring issue of a Wii game freezing after 15-20 minutes of play, possibly due to outdated firmware. The solution is to update the firmware by connecting the Wii to the internet. It is also suggested that the game itself may be faulty. If other games run smoothly, it is likely a firmware issue, but if other games also have problems, the Wii may need to be repaired.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
Hi all,
We rec'd this for my dd for her bd, and we have been trying to play it and then about 15-20 minutes into the game....it LOCKS up....totally even locks the remotes out.

What in the world would cause this?? My MIL got this on ebay and ebay selling is saying it's because we haven't updated our "firmwall" What is that?? How and why do I fix it??

Thanks, have a crying 7 yr old who wants to finish a whole game of FF. UGH!

Lisa

I don't know the answer, but if your wii is still under warranty call them and let them know.

Ours does the same thing when the kids play lego star wars or lego batman. Doesn't seem to do it on the other games. Ours is still covered, but haven't gotten around to calling.:blushing:

Only way to clear it is to unplug from the unit to the outlet, wait and then reconnect.

Maybe you have a bad game? Call the store and see if you can exchange it.

Lisa/ChefBear said:
My MIL got this on ebay and ebay selling is saying it's because we haven't updated our "firmwall" What is that?? How and why do I fix it??
What in the world would cause this??

The firmware is like the operating system of the wii... if the wii's firmware is older than the game, it is like trying to install a windows 7 program on a windows 98 pc... hopefully you understand what i'm saying :confused: i'm not very good at being clear on message boards :eek:

as to how to fix it, if you connect the wii to the internet (either through wifi or directly) it should try to download the new firmware as soon as you turn it on.

But, it could also be a bad game, which the only way to fix that is replacing the game.... Does it only give you problems with family fued? How do other games run?

hope this helped... :)

lfg8764 said:
The firmware is like the operating system of the wii... if the wii's firmware is older than the game, it is like trying to install a windows 7 program on a windows 98 pc... hopefully you understand what i'm saying :confused: i'm not very good at being clear on message boards :eek:

as to how to fix it, if you connect the wii to the internet (either through wifi or directly) it should try to download the new firmware as soon as you turn it on.

But, it could also be a bad game, which the only way to fix that is replacing the game.... Does it only give you problems with family fued? How do other games run?

That made sense to me. I'm not having this problem, personally, but if I do, at least I'll know how to fix it. Of course, my Wii is connected to the internet, so it probably won't ever be an issue.

If her games were all purchased with the console, or are older versions, they would not have any problems, right? So, unless she has a newer game, other than FF, she probably wouldn't notice any other problems.

pampchefsarah said:
If her games were all purchased with the console, or are older versions, they would not have any problems, right? So, unless she has a newer game, other than FF, she probably wouldn't notice any other problems.

yeah as long as the games are not older than the firmware she should be fine. If she is having problems with several games it might be the wii itself, even if she has the latest firmware, the system might be corrupt, but update while not giving her a newer edition, it might just repair the one she has.

either way i would update the firmware, its free, so worst case scenario, you will waste a few minutes of your time. :)

lfg8764 said:

Thanks. I had no idea this even existed and I spoke with a "rep" about the issue at Best Buy when Mario Galaxy 2 was out. He told me to call CS which I've never gotten around too.

Well we got the Wii for Christmas this past year and just got the FF game....not I don't believe it's hooked to internet...not sure....hubby did that.

This is the ONLY game we are having problems with...runs for about half a game and then shuts down and makes NONE of remotes work and also you have to turn off console and "reboot" it....very very frustrating.

I guess I'll show hubby all of this and see what he thinks.

Thanks,

Lisa

1. Why does my 2010 Family Feud Wii game keep freezing or locking up?

There could be a few different reasons why your game is freezing or locking up. It could be due to a glitch in the game itself, an issue with your Wii console, or a problem with the game disc. We recommend trying to clean the game disc and making sure your Wii console is up to date with the latest software updates. If the problem persists, you may need to contact the game manufacturer for further assistance.

2. Is there a way to fix the freezing issue in the 2010 Family Feud Wii game?

Unfortunately, there is no guaranteed fix for the freezing issue in the 2010 Family Feud Wii game. Some players have reported success by clearing their Wii console's cache or turning off the Wii's Wi-Fi connection. However, these solutions may not work for everyone. We recommend contacting the game manufacturer for further troubleshooting steps or considering purchasing a newer version of the game.

3. Can I still play the 2010 Family Feud Wii game if it keeps freezing?

If the game continues to freeze or lock up, it may be difficult to enjoy the game as intended. However, you can still try playing the game in short increments and saving your progress frequently. This may help prevent losing any progress if the game does freeze. You can also try playing the game on a different Wii console to see if the issue persists.

4. Is there a way to prevent the 2010 Family Feud Wii game from locking up in the future?

While there is no guaranteed solution to prevent the game from locking up, there are a few steps you can take to potentially avoid the issue. Make sure your Wii console is updated with the latest software, clean the game disc regularly, and avoid playing the game for extended periods without taking a break. If the issue persists, you may need to contact the game manufacturer for further assistance.

5. Can I get a refund for the 2010 Family Feud Wii game if it keeps freezing?

Refund policies may vary depending on where you purchased the game and how long ago. We recommend reaching out to the retailer or game manufacturer to inquire about their return or exchange policies. If you purchased the game within the last few months, you may be able to exchange it for a newer version or a different game altogether.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
Replies
Views
rennea