• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

15 Pieces Stoneware Sold Today 1 Show My September Stoneware Prize Sheet Works.

In summary, Charlene is giving away small prizes to those who buy stones at her shows. She also plans to give away prizes to those who buy stones outside of her shows.
cbord
I had a show this afternoon, so far sales are $1070+ with 15 pieces of stoneware sold. 2 Bookings possible 1 more and 2 more orders to add.

Here's the sheet I am using for month. I will carry thes same one to each show and once blank is filled guest will have to select another prize You will notice there's 36 prizes, so I know when I reach my goal.

Charlene

Attachments

• September Stoneware Prize Sheet.doc
    27 KB · Views: 1,467
can you tell me what you are doing with this?

I'm curious what you are doing with this too. I'll try anything to increase stoneware sales this month!! I love incentives!

I show the sheet at very begining of show.

I always tell me guest that I am short and to the point. I know they want to know what prizes they can get today. So I always tell them how they can win stuff. Today we played September Stoneware Prize Sheet and Pampered Poll with $1 squares. Ther person who won the pool added a $26 stoneware to her order!!!

Explain the September Stoneware Sheet as follows:
Since the special this month is stoneware and not all the stoneware is on sale. I would like everyone to have a little prize when then buy any stoneware. I let the guest know the sheet will be place in middle on floor or on coffeetable. As soon as they put a piece of stoneware on their order form they should grab the list and make their choice of of what they want. Once a space is taken no one can select that line. I passed the list around before setting it on the coffeetable. I printed it on Pink cardstock. I was pleased how fast they started grabbing the sheet. Guest can select one space for each piece they purchase. I will give the hostess the items to put in their bags.

Now the dip mixes are 1 packet out of box with instructions printed on labels.

Now my next show I will bring the same sheet partially filled.

I am thinking of doing this every month. The quest love prizes, they really like selecting off the list. And no one select the $ off ones as of yet.

Today's show was large 27 guest.

I know my hostess is selecting 2 pieces at least so she will get to fill in spaces also.

If you have any questions please post. If I don't answer I will in morning.

Charlene

what are the little gifts you are giving away?

This sounds like a neat idea to try. Are you planning to only let those at the show get the prize, or outside orders too?

btw, great job on selling all those stones!

cbord said:
I will give the hostess the items to put in their bags.

Do you already have all of these items from the supply order?

More info on this.1. I want to be the only only one with this sheet. I hadn't thought of outside orders. For the time being I will bring it for kitchen shows and for outside orders I will select prize for the guest.

2. All the prizes I select to put on sheet I already had on hand. All the prizes are items you can purchased as door prizes.

3. Hostess putting prizes in bags- I choose this for this show because I knew I see this hostess all the time. Now the shows where I don't see hostess regualrly, I will take the remaining prizes with me to show and give guest at show.

Charlene

so everyone who buys a stone, puts their name on the sheet - and then everyone on the sheet gets a prize? Are you giving them the prize right then and there or do you mean the host puts it in a bag, by that meaning when she bags up the orders?

I've never done Pampered Pool so I don't really understand what that is all about.

sorry for so many questions. I have a show Friday and would really like to increase my stoneware purchases.....I'm surprised by how much its not moving for me. Seems like everyone I run into wants the classic stones right now!

Are they buying the classic stones? Whiile they are not part of the host & guest specials they do count towards the consultant incentive.

no! because they're not on sale!

I give the prize to everyone who purchase a stone.I am tracking when I sell 36, knowing some won't count toward our consultant incentive.

When you give out the prize is totally up to you. I chose to give the hostess from yesterday the prizes to put into guest's bags. Now another show I have whcih is an hour away, I will bring the prizes and hand them out myself when checking out the guest.

One guest did purchase the Deep Covered Baker and 1 other purchase a classic stone which I know doesn't count toward my stones. But they loved the free gift.

I really want to sell the 36 stones, but if I sell 36 stones in a mix of classic and New Traditions- I figure I would probally have at least 12 New Traditions sold and earn 1st level and received commission on others.

So if this sheet increases by sales, increase customer database and $$ I am happy.

Remember you can decrease the number on list.

Charlene

cbord said:
One guest did purchase the Deep Covered Baker and 1 other purchase a classic stone which I know doesn't count toward my stones. But they loved the free gift.

I really want to sell the 36 stones, but if I sell 36 stones in a mix of classic and New Traditions- I figure I would probally have at least 12 New Traditions sold and earn 1st level and received commission on others.

The September Consultant Sales Promotion email from PC looks to me like it says that the deep dish and classic stones are included. Am I reading something wrong?

Sales of all New Traditions™ and Classics® Stoneware, including pieces in the half-price combination and gift set, count toward this promotion. Stoneware selected by hosts using their host program rewards — including Free Product Value, half-price products, discounted products, Host Specials and the Booking Benefit — also count toward this promotion.

Tasha

tlennhoff said:
The September Consultant Sales Promotion email from PC looks to me like it says that the deep dish and classic stones are included. Am I reading something wrong?

Sales of all New Traditions™ and Classics® Stoneware, including pieces in the half-price combination and gift set, count toward this promotion. Stoneware selected by hosts using their host program rewards — including Free Product Value, half-price products, discounted products, Host Specials and the Booking Benefit — also count toward this promotion.

Tasha

Thanks I thought is was just the Traditions. Well I have -17!!!!!!

Charlene

For OUR incentive, all the stoneware counts, even what the host chooses for free, 60%, half, and discounted. Also, the gift set in included, too.

For GUESTS & HOST SPECIAL, it's just the NT stoneware, excluding the new covered baker.

Yes, kinda like the cookware promotion they had before.

Thanks for sharing that great idea! I will try it at my 1 and only Sept. show for my Fall preview!

This is great, However, remember you may spend more than the promotion is worth!
my goal is the top level $75 if I were to give away a product around $2.00 I have "spent" $ 72
Teresa

Rough addition of prizes on prize list.I roughly add what I have on prize list. It would total around $30, so that's less then $1 a person.

If this is too much for you to give, put more nylon scrapers, more twizit and citues peelers and season's best. I haven't had a chance to figure the commission onthe pieces I am getting commission, but I know its going to be over the $30. The commission for baker is around $13.

I always figure if I can give each guest a prize for around $1, I will still make money. Once the guest spends $5 (which is $1 in commission) I will make profit.

After each show I put the cost of my prizes in the expense for that show.

Charlene

cbord said:
I had a show this afternoon, so far sales are $1070+ with 15 pieces of stoneware sold. 2 Bookings possible 1 more and 2 more orders to add.

Here's the sheet I am using for month. I will carry thes same one to each show and once blank is filled guest will have to select another prize You will notice there's 36 prizes, so I know when I reach my goal.

Charlene

Awesome results, Charlene! Love your idea! Thanks for sharing with all of us.

22 and counting!!!!!

Charlene

Charlene,
Congratulations, You're over 1/2 way there!!

I didn't intend for my last post to be negative!

I understand, you're making more on commission. I have been in business for nearly 13 years so I've learned to be aware of what I am spending to "EARN" the current promotion. I have a whole closet of small giveaways that I use at my shows. (sometimes I give a $10 product for washing dishes)

I think it's a great idea, just wanted to throw out there to the "superstarters" that they may spend more if they do this than the promotion is actually worth.

I give every customer who purchases $50 or more the Season's Best., I host a Host Appreciation Brunch every December for hosts who have $500 + shows. Everyone in attendance receives a goodie bag, door prizes and I give away open stock pieces of cookware. The whole event with food and gifts is very costly, but I feel its worth it and they usually book 2 x a year so they can increase their ticket chances. Many of them look forward to it & have already been asking if I'm doing my chocolate fountain again this year.

I do not rely on PC to pay bills it is for my Longaberger "addiction" and fun things like taking our family to Hawaii this past summer for my son's graduation.
But, I know some depend on it for childcare, dance tuition etc.

Teresa

Teresa Lynn said:
Charlene,
Congratulations, You're over 1/2 way there!!

I didn't intend for my last post to be negative!

I understand, you're making more on commission. I have been in business for nearly 13 years so I've learned to be aware of what I am spending to "EARN" the current promotion. I have a whole closet of small giveaways that I use at my shows. (sometimes I give a $10 product for washing dishes)

I think it's a great idea, just wanted to throw out there to the "superstarters" that they may spend more if they do this than the promotion is actually worth.

I give every customer who purchases $50 or more the Season's Best., I host a Host Appreciation Brunch every December for hosts who have $500 + shows. Everyone in attendance receives a goodie bag, door prizes and I give away open stock pieces of cookware. The whole event with food and gifts is very costly, but I feel its worth it and they usually book 2 x a year so they can increase their ticket chances. Many of them look forward to it & have already been asking if I'm doing my chocolate fountain again this year.

I do not rely on PC to pay bills it is for my Longaberger "addiction" and fun things like taking our family to Hawaii this past summer for my son's graduation.
But, I know some depend on it for childcare, dance tuition etc.

Teresa

I didn't take it negatively, I was just explaining the cost for new people.

Could you give more details on tickets amd hostess brunch. I really like that idea.

Charlene

I am one of the people that will spend more money than the promotion is worth trying to earn it. It is the drive to earn it that I love. I made an awesome host because I couldn't get enough free stuff!

Sure,
First they get a very fancy invitation I print, with confetti This is the only time they are NOT allowed to bring a guest it is for my hosts only!! & they do ask I'm very firm!
Their commissionable sales must be $500 to be asked.
I use linen napkins, my china, placecards they can take home, (I personalize pears or pomegranates tied with ribbons and raffia) ice sculptures in the middle of my shrimp, chocolate fountain, etc. it is VERY festive and elegant. I want them to FEEL appreciated and welcome! I also serve champagne & non alcoholic sparkilng cider.

To earn tickets:
1 for every $500 in sales
1 for each recruit signed from their show
1 for each held booking
My host with highest sales is honored with a special gift at her plate.
My goodie bags are filled with sink fizzes, i-slices, the hand and lotion samples, twixits & the current recipe cards.
(this year I may do something different).
Door prizes are cookbooks, small stoneware pieces, etc. I give them away during the meal & while they are mingling.
This year I may give away the trivets
I have served them buffet style and a sit down they have enjoyed both. The one thing I DON'T do is to use ANY PC pieces to serve from. I pull out my pedastal cake plates etc.

They always beg to buy from my inventory so before they leave my closet is usually emptied onto the floor and all over my office.

I don't use the tickets like you get at a carnival. When I go thru the show stats I make the "tickets" out of cardstock stars that I rubber stamp and embellish with glitter or something else fun. I INCLUDE them in their invite.
They turn them into my basket when they come in the door. It helps me keep my sanity that day not trying to remember who gets what & they only get their stars in if they are in attendance.
Sorry this is so long hope it helps!
Teresa

Teresa, how many people do you typically have at this brunch?

Oh Teresa, I bet your hosts LOVE you. I know I would.

I'm tempted to book a show for you just so I can get the invitation! WOW....sounds great.....I'm sorta glad that you live far away from me so you don't steal any of my customers!!! lol

I know Linda, I was just wondering how you promote this to your new hosts and guests so that they have an idea of how fabulously you treat your hosts with the most.

I know a Southern Living at Home consultant who does something similar to this. I guess she's been doing the biz for so long that she gets a lot of incentives. She has a Christmas party at her house for her hosts that reach a certain level of sales throughout the year and gives them each a gift, I think they do it as a 'white elephant' or 'dirty Santa' game.

Maybe one of these days I can do something like this! Right now I'm just planning a Mystery Host party to celebrate my first year in PC. I'm giving Season's Best to everyone who orders. I think I may give everyone who comes a twixit and a coupon for 10% off their next order with me. I'm also going to have prize drawings with some extra items I have around here too. I'm going to give away the Host benefits in 3 lots: 2 people are going to split the FPV, 1/2 and discount and one person will get the monthly host special - I'm doing this in October so I think someone will be happy to save 60% on a knife. Should I do it differently? I was thinking about giving one person the whole shebang, but thought it might be nicer to spread it around.

I agree on the spreading it around. If someday I actually get really going in this instead of working so much at my f/t and p/t jobs and actually make some money instead of spending it all on more PC then I would hope I could reward my past hosts like this.

Over the course of the year I generally have about 16 hosts who hit $500 , of course some of them may have had 2 or 3 $500 shows. Usually, I feed 12

I always do it the 2nd Sat in Dec. they know ahead of time when it is going to be, some can't attend due to other obligations.
At my shows the past hosts in the room who has been here always talk it up and encourage bookings or tell the host to get to $500.

When they are closing their show & they are within the attainable $500 level, I'll say something cute about We're sure going to miss you at the host brunch or oh, too bad I was looking forward to pampering you in December.
Then I explain it again and they hang up and call with more orders.

I do it from 11 am to 1PM They have never left at 1 sometimes, they are still here at 4pm Last year we had another party in the neighborhood to attend & I excused myself to start making the potstickers I was taking to the party and they got up and helped me!

I'm open to suggestions for goodie bags this year I like to offer different things.
Since we no longer have Gen II cookware I have to decide what to give away.

Teresa

I am very interested in this game

Teresa,

I think this is great, and it works for you for being in the biz for so long. However, what do you recommend to struggling consultants, like me? LOL

I started out with six shows this month, one moved to October, the others have been so-so.

My highest sales at any of my shows is $600 with my host from Saturday night. My show average is just about $430.

On top of the fact that I am doing EVERYTHING that I read on this site, what RFS says to do, calls, taking tele-classes, my past three shows have yielded ZERO bookings!!!

I think that the idea of your brunch is fantastic... just how do I get the customer base and host base to make it a go!?

Thanks for ANY help you can give!

Thinking of hanging up the apron,
Jaye

LOL. My top show was $320 so far and I'm feeling good so I would not worry too much about a $430 average.

I think bookings off of shows are the main way to get a customer base. Fundraisers can also help with getting a customer base if you can get bookings from the fundraiser. I think Beth had a great idea for getting bookings off of fundraises that she posted yesterday.

Then just stay in touch with your customers and hosts. A couple other good hints I've seen are to schedule a "show" for the host of every show you do and then at the 5 month point call and ask them if they want to schedule a new show where they would be able to get 2 host specials (one on the new show and one on the past host discount). I suspect that in most cases we also have new products from their last show so talk those products up.

Don't give up!!
I've done PC for so long I guess it's hard for me to go back to the basics
Wear PC shirts everywhere (dress your little girls in the PC shirts I never made my boys wear them)
talk about your heart tug with guests at your show
I tell guests they are welcome to spend $200 with us tonight (I name the host) & we'll be ecstatic, but the BIGGEST compliment to me is when someone comes up and says they want to have a show. I don't have to worry about bookings or sales but, I really promote myself. I have the PC decal with my contact info, I'm preparing 350 baggies with a business card, recipe , coupon & candy to throw during our homecoming parade.
Teresa

Are there any downloadable links...

downloadable links for what?

In the game

Jaye,
How are the bookings going?
When you do the door prize slip do you just hand it to them or do you talk them thru it?
I tell them it must be filled out completely or if I draw their name I put it back.

I go over each line with them..... (I am still using the old PDS from 1999 with I am interested in the following product should it ever be on special I bought tons of them they are my favorite!!)
? # 1 Tells me you want to SAVE $ with TPC! You are interested in hosting a cooking (or catalog) show
? # 2 Tells me that you want to MAKE $ with TPC! I ahve some info you can take home this evening about becoming a consultant.
? #3 Tells me you want to SPEND $ with TPC! I'll call you when the product you've written goes on sale.

I ALSO tell them when I went to school over 20 years ago MAYBE wasn't one of the 12 months... SO if they choose maybe they must write what month maybe means to them, so we can plan their show!! They always laugh but they also book a date!
Teresa

cbord said:
I show the sheet at very begining of show.

I always tell me guest that I am short and to the point. I know they want to know what prizes they can get today. So I always tell them how they can win stuff. Today we played September Stoneware Prize Sheet and Pampered Poll with $1 squares. Ther person who won the pool added a $26 stoneware to her order!!!

Explain the September Stoneware Sheet as follows:
Since the special this month is stoneware and not all the stoneware is on sale. I would like everyone to have a little prize when then buy any stoneware. I let the guest know the sheet will be place in middle on floor or on coffeetable. As soon as they put a piece of stoneware on their order form they should grab the list and make their choice of of what they want. Once a space is taken no one can select that line. I passed the list around before setting it on the coffeetable. I printed it on Pink cardstock. I was pleased how fast they started grabbing the sheet. Guest can select one space for each piece they purchase. I will give the hostess the items to put in their bags.

Now the dip mixes are 1 packet out of box with instructions printed on labels.

Now my next show I will bring the same sheet partially filled.

I am thinking of doing this every month. The quest love prizes, they really like selecting off the list. And no one select the $ off ones as of yet.

Today's show was large 27 guest.

I know my hostess is selecting 2 pieces at least so she will get to fill in spaces also.

If you have any questions please post. If I don't answer I will in morning.

Charlene

What is this game? "Pampered Poll with $1 squares"

TIA

It is late and I was getting all sorts of confused thinking WHAT September sales promotion...then I realized the posts were from 2006. Grrr. I think I need to go to bed.

I'm glad you said it was from 2006.... ha ha I was going to call my girl friend in the morning to ask her about it. I have no idea how I came across this post....

I really like this idea!! :love:I know that there is no consultant incentive for # of stones sold this November, but I know that I could really use my show average to go up...so I modified the original document to include current items. Thanks Charlene for the initial thought and prize sheet!!! :thumbup:
Enjoy!

Attachments

• nov stone prize sheet.doc
    45 KB · Views: 542
When this was done in 2006, what were the details to the promotion? With the stones being on sale for us now, do you think we need to give them an additional incentive? I want to increase sales, but will this end up eating up much of the commission?

What I would do is put the gifts on the host's order...that way you are getting the 20-30% off and you are making the commission on it. Give him/her a list of who is getting what. For the $x off...it's not that much...so it shouldn't eat into the commission too badly.
As for the original promo...there was a cons. promo having to do with the number of stones sold...I honestly don't remember the details.

Oh I see! Yeah, I kind of forgot about the part where we can make a commission on those prizes. :rolleyes: Can you tell I only had 4 hours of sleep?!!:eek:

babywings76 said:
When this was done in 2006, what were the details to the promotion?

With the stones being on sale for us now, do you think we need to give them an additional incentive? I want to increase sales, but will this end up eating up much of the commission?

Keep in mind this is SAT month so you could really come out ahead if you get any/all of the spring products too. I may have to try this at my shows in November too. It's fun and would be something different!

ChefKrisB said:
I really like this idea!! :love:I know that there is no consultant incentive for # of stones sold this November, but I know that I could really use my show average to go up...so I modified the original document to include current items. Thanks Charlene for the initial thought and prize sheet!!! :thumbup:
Enjoy!

Thanks for the updated sheet Kris! What are you giving as a booking gift for Dec or Jan, just wondering?:rolleyes:

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Nanisu
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • ChefLisa
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies