• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Is Better for My Kitchen: 12 Exec Skillet or Grill Pan?

S
sfdavis918
I have enough points to get one of these right now. I originally thought I would get the 12" but now I'm starting to rethink. I have the 10" skillet already so I thought I might not use the 12" at home much, but then I thought it would be great to have for shows. I'm not really sure I would use the grill pan at home or show's much, but since I already have the 10" maybe the grill pan is the way to go.

I'm fairly sure that i will be able to earn both by the end of the Pan-O-Rama, but I really want to get something now!:D I think I'm leaning towards the 12", but what would you suggest?

Personally, I'm waiting until closer to the end of the earning period before choosing anything. I mean, you can't use up any "leftover" points, so I want to be sure I use up as much as I can!!

Between the two pans, though, I definitely would take the Family Skillet, as I use it at shows quite often, but don't really use the Grill Pan at shows. That being said, they are both great pieces to actually own! I always try to go with what I'll need for my demonstrations first, as you tend to sell what you show!!

Hope that helps,
Paula

I love my grill pan, but I would definitely go with the 12" skillet. I know you already have the 10", but you will be amazed at how much more versatile and practical the family skillet is. It will live on your cooktop. Trust me, an extra 2" does make a difference.;) :rolleyes:

legacypc46 said:
Trust me, an extra 2" does make a difference.;) :rolleyes:
*snort*

Sorry about that.

I'd also go with the 12" Skillet. Although if you make a concerted effort to offer panini or 20-minute ribs for shows, you can use the grill pan just as much at shows.

Get the 12 incher....you can do cakes and everything in it.
THEN, when you get more points, get the grill pan.

chefann said:
*snort*

Ann... Thanks for the good gut laugh first thing this morning!!!!!!!!

I think it's too early for me or something...I didn't get the whole 2" thing until just now! :eek: Anyway, I agree with the other comments in that I truly do love my 12" skillet and it pretty much does live on my cooktop. I can't even remember the last time I used my 10". I do also love my grill pan, but for different reasons. IF I had to pick between the two of them, I would go with the 12" skillet.

I agree with Andrea... I haven't even tried to find a place to store my 12" pan... but my grill pan gets put away... it does get used though.. .just not as much... I hope you can get both!

If I could only have one of those, it would be the 12" pan!I use that thing almost DAILY! You can brown 3# of ground beef in that thing and still have room to stir!!

But, be sure when you get enough points later to get the grill pan!

c00p said:
I think it's too early for me or something...I didn't get the whole 2" thing until just now! :eek: Anyway, I agree with the other comments in that I truly do love my 12" skillet and it pretty much does live on my cooktop. I can't even remember the last time I used my 10". I do also love my grill pan, but for different reasons. IF I had to pick between the two of them, I would go with the 12" skillet.
LOL! This was even funnier than Leggy's original comment & Ann's snort!

Last edited:
Maybe we need a thread to see who can come up with the "dirtiest" description for the 12" skillet.
It's 12 full inches of hot, hard skillet, sure to satisfy your (cooking) needs. And it won't let you down. You'll use it several times a day.

I will now remove my mind from the gutter so I don't offend anyone else. :)

chefann said:
Maybe we need a thread to see who can come up with the "dirtiest" description for the 12" skillet.
It's 12 full inches of hot, hard skillet, sure to satisfy your (cooking) needs. And it won't let you down. You'll use it several times a day.

Wow! And it's still early!:D

We have an angel smilie....but what we really need is one with horns and a tail!:D

Like this guy? http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/evilgrin0007.gif

chefann said:
Like this guy? http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/evilgrin0007.gif

JUST what I had in mind......we need it on our list of smilies here! I bet it would be one of the most used! http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/evilgrin0007.gif

Thanks everyone! I'm gonna go for the 12 inches! (hee hee, that was for you Ann!)

sfdavis918 said:
Thanks everyone! I'm gonna go for the 12 inches! (hee hee, that was for you Ann!)
Sounds like something you should tell your DH or boyfriend. :)

chefann said:

You are SO past that point on CS! But, we love ya anyway!

Knowing DH he would say don't waste the points, you already have it baby!! (I won't say if he's right or not!;) :D )

See, this is why the meet 'n' greets at conference were so great. It's like we're already super-close friends in the middle of a sleepover!

sfdavis918 said:
Knowing DH he would say don't waste the points, you already have it baby!! (I won't say if he's right or not!;) :D )

I was going to say he sounds just like my DH......but then I thought everybody else would probably say the same thing about their DH's too!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1. What is the difference between the 12" Exec Skillet and the 10" skillet?

The main difference between the 12" Exec Skillet and the 10" skillet is the size. The 12" skillet has a larger cooking surface, which may be more suitable for cooking larger quantities of food or for cooking for a larger group of people. Additionally, the 12" skillet has deeper sides, which can be useful for cooking dishes that require more liquid, such as soups or stews.

2. Can the 12" Exec Skillet be used for both stovetop and oven cooking?

Yes, the 12" Exec Skillet is versatile and can be used for both stovetop and oven cooking. It is made with materials that can withstand high heat and can safely be used in the oven up to a certain temperature, which is typically indicated by the manufacturer.

3. Is the grill pan suitable for all stovetops?

The grill pan can be used on most stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction stovetops. However, it is always best to check with the manufacturer to ensure that your specific stovetop is compatible with the grill pan.

4. What are the advantages of using a grill pan?

The grill pan allows you to achieve the charred and smoky flavors of grilling, without having to use an outdoor grill. It also has ridges that create beautiful grill marks on your food and allows excess fat to drip away, making it a healthier cooking option.

5. Are the 12" Exec Skillet and grill pan easy to clean?

Yes, both the 12" Exec Skillet and grill pan are designed to be easy to clean. They are made with non-stick surfaces that prevent food from sticking and make cleaning a breeze. However, it is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for cleaning to ensure the longevity of the pans.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• EMarth123
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Dotty
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Dotty
  • meganmcg