• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are your favorite recipes for a fluted pan?

In summary, the Reese Cups are the bite-size ones and the full size ones come in a pack of two. The Peanutty Chocolate Cake is a delicious recipe that can be made in the microwave or oven. My mom makes an amazing Rum cake for the holidays. Finally, meatloaf is a delicious recipe that can be made in the oven or microwave.
its_me_susan
I haven't baked in mine yet - what do you like to bake in it?

OMG - what DON'T we bake in it?!!?

Try the Peanutty Chocolate Cake - I attached the recipe...
Or the classic Chocolate Lava cake - 1 box Devil's Food Cake mix as instructed on box, 1 tub frosting...yummmmm
My mom makes an amazing Rum cake for the holidays...
or how 'bout meatloaf??

Attachments

• PeanuttyChocolateCake.doc
    22.5 KB · Views: 362
Alright, I am hungry now....this sounds YUMMY! I am going to make this tomorrow and if it comes out half as good as it sounds I will be making it at all of my upcoming shows!

A question about the Reese Cups - are these the bite-size ones or the ones that come two to a pack?

The full size ones - like the ones in teh 2pack

dannyzmom said:
......Try the Peanutty Chocolate Cake ......

OMG...DELICIOUS!!!!!! No wonder you sell so many fluted stones!

I also have to tell you that I am a self-diagnosed total cake snob too. I cook everything from scratch, I don't care for cake mixes, and I have yet to find a micro-cake that I like (as a matter of fact my DH made me promise not to make them any more, so I test them out when he's away :p ) .....until now that is! YUMMY! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe, you have converted me! I am making this at my upcoming shows.

Here's a picture of my cake. Who would ever believe that this pretty cake was made in less than 30 minutes from start to finish!

Attachments

• PC310076.JPG
    PC310076.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 549
That looks WONDERFUL and so, so easy.

Made 3 Kaluha Cakes for the holiday. YUMMY!!!! Did them in microwave and oven and just sprinkled powdered sugar on them.

OMG that pic looks soooooooooooooo yummy!!! Ya sold me I have borrowed my directors & made the chicken with veggies in it & tried a cake I couldnt flip it I ruined it! I tried one cakemix poured it in & dumped in a thing of icing & it was all jacked..yum but ugly!!! What did i do wrong?! What else can I make I wanna try all i can so I can decided if i should buy! Stoneware wise i have: flat rectangle,rectangular baker,coveredbaker,large round
Could someone send me recipes documnet style!!! [email protected]
THANKSSSSSSSSSSS

ChefBurke said:
OMG that pic looks soooooooooooooo yummy!!! Ya sold me I have borrowed my directors & made the chicken with veggies in it & tried a cake I couldnt flip it I ruined it! I tried one cakemix poured it in & dumped in a thing of icing & it was all jacked..yum but ugly!!! What did i do wrong?! What else can I make I wanna try all i can so I can decided if i should buy! Stoneware wise i have: flat rectangle,rectangular baker,coveredbaker,large round
Could someone send me recipes documnet style!!! [email protected]
THANKSSSSSSSSSSS

I don't have any luck with the micro-cakes that use icing in them either. They are all really ugly! They taste good, but I wouldn't demo them because of the way that they look. After A LOT of research (my own!) I discovered that part of the problem was my microwave. I have a very high wattage one - so I adjusted the cook power to @ 80% instead of full power and it seems to help. My fluted stone isn't very well seasoned so I oiled the heck out of it too before I made this cake. I ran a knife around the edge to loosen it and when I went to flip it onto my plate I had to give it a shake before it plopped out. I think the micro-cakes tend to stick more because of the steam build-up in the microwave. Be sure you let it sit on the cooling rack for 10-15 mis before you try to flip it out. I've baked pound cakes in the oven in my fluted pan and they turn out beautiful.

Has anyone tried the peanutty cake. I didn't eat it. I did the recipt and it came out beatiful. I love it. My boyfriend ate it and loved the PB, but said it was a bit dry. Did I do something wrong or is it like that?

Jilleysue said:
Has anyone tried the peanutty cake. I didn't eat it. I did the recipt and it came out beatiful. I love it. My boyfriend ate it and loved the PB, but said it was a bit dry. Did I do something wrong or is it like that?

I find it dry too -- I am thinking that's beacsue of the sour cream and eggs rather than oil, water & eggs. There has GOT to be a reason it is made that way...but I am curious to see how it would turn out if done with the oil water & eggs like the box calls for. I am thinking it's done w/sour cream because the batter needs to be dense in order for the PB cups to stay put and not sink thru. Has anyone tried making this cake using the box recipe batter?

dannyzmom said:
I find it dry too -- I am thinking that's beacsue of the sour cream and eggs rather than oil, water & eggs. There has GOT to be a reason it is made that way...but I am curious to see how it would turn out if done with the oil water & eggs like the box calls for. I am thinking it's done w/sour cream because the batter needs to be dense in order for the PB cups to stay put and not sink thru. Has anyone tried making this cake using the box recipe batter?
Mine isn't dry. I cooked it in the micro for 10 minutes on 80% power (I have a high wattage micro so I have to reduce power & time). The top was moist (all of the top, not just the middle) so I thought it wasn't done - but when I checked it with the cake tester (oh how I wish those would come back!) it was done. You might try reducing your cook time and/or power level next time.

As for doing it with the regular mix instructions, not so sure that would work. I think it might make the reeses cups sink to the bottom of the pan and burn or stick. I do think that using sour cream makes for a better cake though. As I've stated before, I'm not a fan of cake mixes and using the sour cream makes it taste a little more homemade to me, makes it richer too.

I think you're right Linda. If I recall, the recipe says when it comes out of the micro it should still look moist in the center a bit. Mine doesnt cuz I am afraid if it looks moist it won't turn out clean - LOL So I must be overcooknig it.

In post #5, you mention not liking the micro-cake. If you are referring to the Rice Cooker cake, our small group has experimented and decided not to put the suggested frosting into the Cooker (only the cake mix). After it has finished "baking", allow it 10 minutes setting time in the microwave, and then turn it out onto your plate, and use about 3 large scoops of frosting and spread, gently across the top, and let it melt down the sides of your cake. It is too good to be true! Absolutely marvelous. Moist texture, and about 5 to 6 inches high. It looks like a gourmet cake that would sell for at least $9.95 at our local grocery.

In post #5, you mention not liking the micro-cake. If you are referring to the Rice Cooker cake, our small group has experimented and decided not to put the suggested frosting into the Cooker (only the cake mix). After it has finished "baking", allow it 10 minutes setting time in the microwave, and then turn it out onto your plate, and use about 3 large scoops of frosting and spread, gently across the top, and let it melt down the sides of your cake. It is too good to be true! Absolutely marvelous. Moist texture, and about 5 to 6 inches high. It looks like a gourmet cake that would sell for at least $9.95 at our local grocery.

1. What is a fluted pan?

A fluted pan is a baking pan with fluted or decorative edges, often used for making cakes, tarts, and other baked goods. It adds a decorative touch to your baked creations.

2. Can I use my own baking recipes with the fluted pan?

Yes, you can use your own baking recipes with the fluted pan. Just make sure to adjust the baking time and temperature accordingly, as the fluted edges may affect the baking process.

3. What are some popular recipes for the fluted pan?

Some popular recipes for the fluted pan include apple tart, quiche, chocolate cake, and fruit flan. You can also get creative and use the pan for savory dishes like meatloaf or mac and cheese.

4. How do I properly clean and maintain my fluted pan?

To clean your fluted pan, hand wash it with warm soapy water and a soft sponge. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers, as they can damage the non-stick surface. Make sure to dry the pan thoroughly before storing it. You can also use a light coating of oil or cooking spray before each use to maintain the non-stick coating.

5. Can I use the fluted pan in the microwave?

No, the fluted pan is not microwave-safe. It is designed to be used in the oven for baking purposes only. Using it in the microwave can damage the pan and affect its performance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • heat123
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
  • Patti