• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deep Covered Baker or Fluted Pan?

I've never had anyone book a show just to get the fluted stone....or because they want their friends to see "that amazing fluted stone", but I continue to fill my calendar with shows for people who want the DCB, and want their friends to see the DCB in action. It's the best booking tool I've ever had - bar none!I've never had anyone book a show just to get the fluted stone....or because they want their friends to see "that amazing fluted stone", but I continue to fill my calendar with shows for people who want the DCB, and want their friends to see the DCB in action. It's the best booking tool I've
PamperedK
Silver Member
I'm trying to decide. I really can't afford to buy either of them but I love the DCB...but I know I can do micro cakes in the Fluted Pan.

Which should I get?

I haven't purchased the DCB but love my fluted pan! The DCB is next on my list.

I have both, finally and I'd be hard pressed to say which one to pick but I did go for the DCB first.... Don't know if that helps or not. LOL

I'd get the DCB, if only because you can do 30-minute chicken shows (or 10-minute pork). If you really want to show a cake, you can always do a skillet cake. But then, if your customer base seems like they'd prefer cake to meat, get the fluted.(That really wasn't any help, was it?)

I have them both. I use the DCB more.

I would get the DCB. I personally realrey use my fluted pan.

Do you have the rice cooker you could do a microwave cake in? Or the prep bowls and do small cakes? Just trying to come up with an alternative for you to be able to do the cakes too while having the DCB.:D

DCB first definitely - used it a lot and haven't missed not having the fluted pan until everyone raved over it...

If you are getting it on your own February show, I'd consider the DCB first too because of price.

...and don't forget KE month is April!!!!

We actually just got our fluted pan and the wife used it 2 days ago. When I was washing it I noticed a tiny crack on the bottom inside the hole. My wife doesn't think it is that big of a deal but I want to return it. The crack doesn't appear to be getting bigger but I'm afraid it will. Any suggestions?

My vote is for the DCB:)

vtodd71 said:
We actually just got our fluted pan and the wife used it 2 days ago. When I was washing it I noticed a tiny crack on the bottom inside the hole. My wife doesn't think it is that big of a deal but I want to return it. The crack doesn't appear to be getting bigger but I'm afraid it will. Any suggestions?

Call HO or go online and do a product adjustment. Return it before it breaks before the warranty is up.

vtodd71 said:
Send it back now, PC will pick up the shipping. That light hair line fracture can cause a big mess if it breaks.

I have both and I vote for the DCB. I love both but use the DCB more and it is more impressive at shows since you can microwave DINNER in it (and do deserts too). You are pretty much limited to deserts or baked pototoes, etc with the fluted - I love my fluted... the DCB is just more impressive at shows and I use it more at home also.

wadesgirl said:
Send it back now, PC will pick up the shipping. That light hair line fracture can cause a big mess if it breaks.

Thanks! I think I'm actually going to do that. I just don't want to take a chance.

I am DYING to get the DCB....I have the fluted pan and it is great to do the microwave cakes at shows...but the DCB....how easy to sell with the whole 30 min chicken, ribs and stuff.....someday, when I have unlimited funds, I will own EVERYTHING!!! :)

I've never had anyone book a show just to get the fluted stone....or because they want their friends to see "that amazing fluted stone", but I continue to fill my calendar with shows for people who want the DCB, and want their friends to see the DCB in action. It's the best booking tool I've ever had - bar none!

Yeah you guys are right...people won't be as excited about the fluted pan. As cool as the cakes are, it's just not as versatile and pretty as the DCB.

The DCB is more versitaile, or so I'm told ... HOWEVER ... the fluted pan costs less than half of what the DCB costs!Remember that your 4th month is Kit Enhancement and April is Kit Enhancement month for EVERYBODY ... so you get 40 percent off. So if finances are tight, I'd just get whichever one you can afford and wait until April to get the other one!

I sell more DCB than fluted. I have both and love them both.

I vote for DCB -- the micro chicken will help your sales and make your dinners easier also!

I made ribs for the first time in the DCB by putting them in the microwave first and then grilling them with my grill pan. Wow! These ribs were awesome! Even "The Mrs." was impressed and she doesn't get too impressed by anything.

vtodd71 said:
Thanks! I think I'm actually going to do that. I just don't want to take a chance.

I wouldn't take the chance on it, especially when you get free shipping. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a cheap item to ship back.

I have sold soooo many fluted stones. I quickly make the chocolate decadent cake, and while that is cooking and cooling I make something else, too. Every show I sell at least 3-4 fluted stones...no kidding, I also explain how to cook a chicken in it, or meatloaf, and on and on. I also have the DCB and love that too, but my shows seem to bring out the chocolate lovers!!!!:

I love my "magic pot" and I use it all of the time. I have used my Fluted Pan once... DON'T FORGET - Kit Enhancement is in April - 40% off items you need for your kit. You can purchase the other one then...

I make all kinds of stuff in my fluted pan and I love it (it may be because I have never tried the DCB) At a show this saturday I will be making a whole chicken in the fluted pan.

ChefTess said:
I make all kinds of stuff in my fluted pan and I love it (it may be because I have never tried the DCB) At a show this saturday I will be making a whole chicken in the fluted pan.

how?? please tell

krley said:
how?? please tell

Most people put it over the center piece (like you would with beer can chicken) with the butt sticking up in the air...

Actually, the center post goes up the butt, with the neck sticking up. You can add cut up potatoes and carrots in the bottom of the fluted pan, and they'll cook at the same time.

I have tried this way and it works great..I rub the chicken down w/different rubs, too...Rachel Ray had a short clip on her show about a year ago. One of her guests sent it in and Rachel was so impressed with it she showed this! When I mention this tidbit about Rachel Ray, my guests tend to be more apt to buy it...I still swear by the chocolate cake, though..

Related to Deep Covered Baker or Fluted Pan?

1. What is a Deep Covered Baker or Fluted Pan?

A Deep Covered Baker is a stoneware baking dish that is designed to cook and serve a variety of dishes, such as casseroles, roasts, and desserts. A Fluted Pan is also a stoneware baking dish, but it has a decorative fluted edge and is typically used for baking cakes, quiches, and tarts.

2. How do I use a Deep Covered Baker or Fluted Pan?

To use a Deep Covered Baker or Fluted Pan, simply preheat your oven according to your recipe's instructions. Then, place your ingredients in the dish and place it in the oven. Both dishes are safe to use in the oven, microwave, and dishwasher for easy cooking and cleaning.

3. Can I use a Deep Covered Baker or Fluted Pan on the stovetop?

No, these stoneware dishes are not safe for use on the stovetop. They are designed to be used in the oven or microwave only.

4. Are Deep Covered Bakers and Fluted Pans durable?

Yes, both dishes are made of high-quality stoneware that is designed to withstand high temperatures and everyday use. They are also backed by our lifetime guarantee, so you can trust in their durability.

5. Can I use a Deep Covered Baker or Fluted Pan to freeze food?

Yes, both dishes are freezer-safe. You can prepare your food in the dish and then freeze it for later use. Just be sure to allow the dish to thaw before placing it in a hot oven to prevent it from cracking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RMDave
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Evelyn
  • ChefDi
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefDi
  • chefnene