• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ziploc Omelets: Tried and Tested Roasting Pan Method

In summary, the ziploc omelet show with the roasting pan is a fun and easy way to serve brunch or dinner.
Paige Dixon
Has anyone tried the ziploc omelet show with the roasting pan? I read a little about it and a host loved the idea. Has anyone tried it? If so, do you have any concerns to warn me about?

I have not done it, however I have heard that you have to make sure that you have the freezer bags. The others will melt in the water.

Yum!Freezer bags for sure!! I did this for one of my shows and the guests loved it. The only thing that was hard was they first wrote their name on their bag with a sharpie marker and then filled them with the ingredients of their choice and then I added them to the boiling water. The hard part for me was keeping track of who's bag I put in first since they went through buffet style and then I added them as the finished. So if you have a great memory no problem - I have lost those memory cells with each kid:D , either that or have a piece of paper with the name and time they put it in the water?? Also I used the big professional stock pot so I could only do so many at a time - I hadn't thought of the roasting pan!

Good Luck!
Leea:cool:

Ziploc Omelets??? I've never heard of that. What book are they in???

I hadn't thought of the roasting pan either....that would be fun for a brunch show. I got an email a few weeks ago showing pics of the ziploc omelets; what a cool idea. I emailed the person back that sent it to me saying...use your PC tools to chop, slice, grate, etc, & prep bowls...

I would like to know more about the 'Ziplock Omelets'

whiteyteresa said:
I would like to know more about the 'Ziplock Omelets'

Same here tyvm...:D

Two eggs and a Freezer Zip Lock type bag!

Take two eggs add a little water or milk and scramble with mini whisk - the more air the more fluffy the egg. Add you favorite toppings. (i.e. ham, cheese, mushrooms, onions, bacon etc....) Zip the top and lightly sqeeze them around to mix, then drop in boiling water for 13 minutes.

One of the ladies at our Cluster meeting this month demoed them. Yummy!!! And WAY TOO EASY!

I didn't even dity a whisk - I just smooshed the eggs around in the bag and then added the ingredients and smooshed some more!

Does anyone know if an egg substitute or pasturized egg whites would work well for this? I'm thinking it would be good for a "cooking light" show. You could measure the egg stuff in the easy-read measuring cups, and have "light" fillings in prep bowls. (Green peppers, tomatoes, light cheese, onions, turkey ham, etc.)

So you boil them on the stove? What a great way to promote the cookware also.

bbauman07 said:
So you boil them on the stove? What a great way to promote the cookware also.

Yes! Add to boiling water - I used the Prof large stock pot, but I think the roaster is a good idea for adding more than 3-4 at a time. Does the roaster fit over 2 burners?

Harrle said:
Yes! Add to boiling water - I used the Prof large stock pot, but I think the roaster is a good idea for adding more than 3-4 at a time. Does the roaster fit over 2 burners?

Yes it fits over 2 burners, I have used it to make hamburgers in, since my family is so big I didn't want to have to take out 2 pans or make some then make some more after they got done. It was great.

lacychef said:
I hadn't thought of the roasting pan either....that would be fun for a brunch show. I got an email a few weeks ago showing pics of the ziploc omelets; what a cool idea. I emailed the person back that sent it to me saying...use your PC tools to chop, slice, grate, etc, & prep bowls...

I would love to see those pictures, I have told quite a few people about these omlets, but have yet to try them myself. Could you post them in the pictures section?? Please??

I think these would be great to do as a camping show as well. The roasting pan is great for camping! You can cook anything in it!

So, how many do you think fit in the roasting pan at once? Also, do you have to be careful to not let them touch the sides of the roasting pan?

Here's how I picture the demo: intros, demo prep ingredients- slicing mushrooms, cutting bell peppers, chopping bacon that was cooked on bar pan, chopping onions, what else? Something for the US&G. Then do you put two eggs and milk in a bowl, whisk and assemble one, two more eggs and milk in a bowl, whisk and assemble, etc, etc? Does that part take forever? Maybe after demo-ing the filling prep, each guest could fill her ziploc bag and then play a game while I whisk and add the egg to each? Or, could I do a huge bowl of eggs & milk and measure for each ziploc? Does anyone know how much 2 eggs and milk would measure?

I will see if I can find the pics & try to post this afternoon. I will say they did look just like a regular omelet!

Paige Dixon said:
...Then do you put two eggs and milk in a bowl, whisk and assemble one, two more eggs and milk in a bowl, whisk and assemble, etc, etc? Does that part take forever? Maybe after demo-ing the filling prep, each guest could fill her ziploc bag and then play a game while I whisk and add the egg to each? Or, could I do a huge bowl of eggs & milk and measure for each ziploc? Does anyone know how much 2 eggs and milk would measure?
Skip the bowl!! Put the eggs & milk directly into the ziplog bag!! To keep the bag open I think I put it in (and folded it down around) a prep bowl - like your lining it. Did that make sense?Like someone said above this works great for camping - each person adds what they want to their bag no mushrooms for one - no green pepper for another, etc.

You could bake bacon in the bar pan to show the stoneware! I'm loving this idea! Graters for cheese, chopper for peppers and onion, batter bowls or SS bowls and whisk for mixing, ESP for mushrooms, prep bowls to hold ingredients. Anything else you can think of?

UsgYou could use the USG to julienne (sp?) some zucchini (sp?) [gotta get a spell checker on here! :D

Gust a thauht (I spelt that write, didnt eye?)

Last edited:
Wow! That's amazing!

What about the US&G for potatoes? I suppose they wouldn't cook in time to add raw julienne pieces to the egg mixture. What do you think of using it for sliced pototoes or hashbrowns as a side dish? Too much?

Maybe if you cooked the potatoes ahead of time you could slice them in the egg slicer and throw them in. Or you could grate raw potatoes with the USG as the side dish.

You guys are making me hungry!!!

Did these when I was a scout leader.
Please make sure you use a good Ziploc bag. The cheaper ones I had troble with.
I also add ham,greenpepper,onion and cheese to mine.
Never thought to use this idea for a party. What a great idea .:) :) :) :)

What a great idea! This is a great camping or boating meal. And a really kid friendly meal also. I really enjoy cooking with my 3 year old son and he'd love this.

I never thought about doing this while camping!! Thanks Shari!

Eggs on TVOur local TV morning show just featured these - the only thing I haven't done is add the tablespoon of water to the eggs and mine turned out just fine, not sure what the water does?

Cabin Omelets
Ingredients:
6 (1 quart size) Hefty® One Zip freezer bags
1 permanent marker
12 eggs
12 tablespoons water
variety of ingredients for fillings (see below)
1 (8 quart) pot water

Preparation:

Using marker, write guests names on bags. Break two eggs into each bag; add 2 tablespoons water and seal bag. Squeeze bag to break yolks and combine eggs and water.

Bring water to a rolling boil.

Open bag and add desired ingredients (see below) shake to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Carefully place bags into boiling water; boil exactly 13 minutes. Using tongs, remove bags from water; open carefully and roll omelets out onto plates.

Amount: 6 omelets

All American Omelet
1 tablespoon diced green pepper
2 slices bacon cooked, drained, crumbled
¼ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon minced chives

Italian Omelet
1 link Italian sausage, casing removed, cooked, crumbled
¼ cup drained Mozzarella Fresca® Perlini
1 tablespoon basil chiffonade (thin strips)
1 tablespoon minced sun dried tomato packed in oil, drained

Greek Omelet
1 tablespoon minced roasted red bell pepper
1 tablespoon chopped kalamata olives
2 tablespoons shredded spinach
¼ teaspoon Lunds and Byerly's Greek Oregano
¼ cup crumbled feta

Sue Erickson
7/28/2006 10:53:43 PM

She made me hungry for eggs this morning!!
Enjoy!
Leea

This sounds like such a fun idea! I was thinking of ways to incorporate individual omlets into a brunch show, and this would get a lot done at the same time!

I remember a post a while back about scrambling eggs in the quick-stir pitcher. While unnecessary, I think it would be fun way to demo an extra product, and then you just pour it into the baggies! Of course, you would have to approximate the 2 eggs, but maybe someone would want more or less food. What do you think?

Melissa

mhrivera said:
...Of course, you would have to approximate the 2 eggs, but maybe someone would want more or less food. What do you think?

Melissa

The lady on TV said this morning only do 2 eggs - don't try 3 it won't work. The fun part about this at a show is that everyone does their own, they add the ingredients they want - it was a hit when I did it.

Leea

I have done this recipe several times for brunch shows and have been a great success. I have had customers tell me they are able to put together the bags the night ahead and their kids can have a great breakfast before going to school without a lot of trouble.

You could also scramble the eggs first in the Measure Mix and Pour...my friend uses hers to scramble eggs all the time.

How do these look? I'm envisioning buffet scrambled eggs?

its_me_susan said:
How do these look? I'm envisioning buffet scrambled eggs?

When you 'roll' them out of the ziploc bags they look good - if you do it right it should be all one piece.

So, I wanted to mix up the eggs and milk in a big batch to show the SS Mixing bowls and the balloon whisk. Any idea how much 2 eggs will measure?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PamperedPrincess02
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KCPChef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
babywings76