• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant You've Got to Be Kidding Me!!!!!!!!!Who Else Got This

In summary, April is not the end of the world. The Mini Sling Bag will be available in April, but those who submit their show on the last day of the month will have to wait.
kcmckay
Gold Member
You've got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!
Who else got this email?:

Dear Consultant,

Congratulations, you’ve earned the Mini Sling Bag by holding and submitting at least two Shows in January! We had a much higher than anticipated number of Shows submitted on the last day of the promotion. As a result, we are working with the supplier to produce additional inventory. The expected ship date is currently in April. However, we are hopeful we can improve this date.

We realize this is disappointing news and apologize for the inconvenience. We will communicate again when we have more information.

Sincerely,
Jane Miller

So disappointing!! I was so looking forward to advertising without breaking my back and shoulder any more! I don't want to wait until April! Oh well but why do they continually seem to underestimate the demand for the promotions! Everyone wanted that sling bag (ok a few people are willing to trade) but still!!!! I just needed to rant and see who else feels my pain for submitting 2nd show on the 31st!!! I guess I've got something to look forward too at least!!! :)

Re: April?????????????Playing the devil's advocate here..... please save all hate mail ha!! :angel:

I have been selling for 17 years, that said I remember a time when we did orders by tally mark & mailed to home office, phone calls to customer service and check shipment status were long distance, We did not have sell a thon levels, free product for turning in 2 shows (honestly, i am surprised that is the requirement I know some of you are comfortable with 2 shows with your lifestyles & I'm glad it fits into all busy schedules, but I could easily see HO making it 4 and that being a reasonable amount )
we never received little things monthly for recruiting like we do now..
Our "perks" were saved until conference.

I understand how disappointing this is, but the bright side Feb is nearly half over!!

Re: April?????????????I agree the new requirements of 2 shows all month to earn these great incentives are very fair! And I'm not really complaining I just needed a mini rant in a place where others would understand my pain! I understand the need to wait and it sounds like April is worst case scenario, I was just looking really forward to a smaller bag to use as advertisement! I also meant my comment about submitting last day of month to be kind of funny in that's why we are being "punished"!!! :D

Re: April?????????????I feel your pain believe me, but I earned mine Jan 15th and my mail carrier made a mistake and I still have not recieved mine. By the time I asked HO to send me a new one they were on back order. I did not even get the email, because mine was a replacement. I only found out on here.

Re: April?????????????I too am in that situation. Wasn't too happy with the e-mail. I held 4 shows, Jan 22, 23, 29, 30. I got the two shows submitted, then had credit cards that were being declined, worked on getting those to go thru prior to the deadline, then the e-mail. Hope 2011 gets better. Anyway, I made it to Spring Launch! I think that made it easier to accept the e-mail cause I'm "pumped" with the new products. Maybe our snow in Northern Iowa will be gone by the time I get the sling and can compliment my capris with it! LOL!

Re: April?????????????Got that email too and was bummed :(

Just like the square baking pans. They offer something so easy to get and so wanted- but they underestimate demand... um, hello! LOL

But can't complain- it's free. Well, till 1099 comes!

Re: April?????????????I didn't even earn it and I'm bummed on your behalf! Guess that dashes my hopes of buying it on a supply order! (JK ... I didn't think it would be available, at least not for a while!)As for the two shows level ... this is what I LOVE about this company, that they have attainable goals for us! I used to work for a company that expected us to sell $2,500 in one month to get spring products. Of course, nobody got there except for the elite sellers .... for us part-timers it was a carrot we could never chase.I hope they've stocked up on those SAT products!

Re: April?????????????Look at it this way...at least you were able to earn it. Just a few months ago, our requirements for something like this was 2 shows from the 1st-15th. Now they seem to be trying out the whole-month period for earning those incentives. I LIKE that one!!I just barely made the inventory of the bags, because I submitted my show on the 31st and got my bag two days ago. And for what it's worth, it IS much smaller (not much room in the purse itself. I get my wallet and that's about it. Anything more and it gets pretty poofy...but I still like it.Frustrating yes, but at least many of us could earn it.

Re: April?????????????Bobbi is right. I like the new format for earning. A whole month rather than the first 15 days of the month. And I earned it as well... on the 31st. I have to see it before I decide to use it but hey, I too am disappointed. But the bright side is this, it means by not getting the free bag or pan yet because the expectation was much lower at HO, is that business is picking up and people are more into a buying mood and that means bigger pay checks for us and to me that means a whole lot more than a bag. We are selling beyond expectations and more of us are submitting more shows per month and that means there is more business to be had.

Re: April?????????????Stating the obvious: They could have ordered the additional bags sooner if so many people hadn't waited to submit until the last day of the month.

Now I KNOW that for many it was because the shows where held in the last few days of the month but I would bet that many others just didn't submit until then. I know that many consultants wait until the end of the month to send their shows in - it's a problem every month.

I am sure the bags will be shipped before April and it is hard to wait but it is a nice bag and you'll love it when you get it.

Re: April?????????????Can I get an AMEN!!! Amen sister!! (from a 14 yr vet)
Teresa Lynn said:
Playing the devil's advocate here..... please save all hate mail ha!! :angel:

I have been selling for 17 years, that said I remember a time when we did orders by tally mark & mailed to home office, phone calls to customer service and check shipment status were long distance, We did not have sell a thon levels, free product for turning in 2 shows (honestly, i am surprised that is the requirement I know some of you are comfortable with 2 shows with your lifestyles & I'm glad it fits into all busy schedules, but I could easily see HO making it 4 and that being a reasonable amount )
we never received little things monthly for recruiting like we do now..
Our "perks" were saved until conference.

I understand how disappointing this is, but the bright side Feb is nearly half over!!

Re: April?????????????I think this has been stated a million times out here and I am so guilty of coming down on things when they are not to my liking and very calmly but firmly reminded that they do not have to give us anything. I have ask, how many of you work full time and get bonuses of any kind any more? The last "gift" I got from a boss was over 17 years ago when we got a turkey at Thanksgiving. PC offers us something almost every month now. That truly was not the case when I started 10 years ago. They were good to us but now, well, you can almost double your income just in rewards and not actual pay! I mean seriously! In 2009 I earned over $2000 in "Other Income". That is way more than some dang turkey!

Re: April?????????????
pampered1224 said:
I think this has been stated a million times out here and I am so guilty of coming down on things when they are not to my liking and very calmly but firmly reminded that they do not have to give us anything. I have ask, how many of you work full time and get bonuses of any kind any more? The last "gift" I got from a boss was over 17 years ago when we got a turkey at Thanksgiving. PC offers us something almost every month now. That truly was not the case when I started 10 years ago. They were good to us but now, well, you can almost double your income just in rewards and not actual pay! I mean seriously! In 2009 I earned over $2000 in "Other Income". That is way more than some dang turkey!

I was thinking about this the other day! Do you know what my job rewarded me with for Christmas for working 40 hours a week 52 weeks a year for the last 5 years? NADA, ZILCH, NOTHING - not even a card! Do you know what PC rewarded me with for doing 62 shows last year - basically working 1 day a week? A freaking trip to Toronto!! I'll take that any day.

This happened before with the HWC tote. You have to remember that in the promotional products business things like this happen. PC may have been limited to the quantity originally provided by the manufacturer or they went of numbers from last year to determind how many to order for this year. If this product was specially made for PC then they have to have the manufacturer make more right now. This isn't an easy task and does take time. I will patiently wait for mine in April and hope it comes in time for my trip to Toronto.

Re: April?????????????Please do not take this wrong. I love all the amazing items we get but I did receive my sling bag in January. I have been carrying mine and it is falling apart. Maybe it is a fluke thing hope it does not happen yo yours when you get it.

Re: April?????????????
hcjeep said:
Please do not take this wrong. I love all the amazing items we get but I did receive my sling bag in January. I have been carrying mine and it is falling apart. Maybe it is a fluke thing hope it does not happen yo yours when you get it.

You should call HO and let them know. They need to know that the item you've received is defective. I haven't taken my sling bag into use, but I've been using my dots catalog tote as a purse since I earned a year ago January, and it's still going strong.

What is "You've Got to Be Kidding Me!!!!!!!!!Who Else Got This"?

"You've Got to Be Kidding Me!!!!!!!!!Who Else Got This" is a popular product from Pampered Chef that is designed to make meal prep and cooking easier and more enjoyable. It is a multi-functional kitchen tool that can be used for chopping, slicing, grating, and more.

How does "You've Got to Be Kidding Me!!!!!!!!!Who Else Got This" work?

The "You've Got to Be Kidding Me!!!!!!!!!Who Else Got This" has multiple blades and attachments that can be used for different tasks. It works by securely holding food in place while you use the blades to cut or grate. It also has a comfortable handle for easy use.

What types of foods can be prepared with "You've Got to Be Kidding Me!!!!!!!!!Who Else Got This"?

"You've Got to Be Kidding Me!!!!!!!!!Who Else Got This" is versatile and can be used for a variety of foods. It is great for chopping vegetables, grating cheese, slicing fruits, and even grinding nuts. It can also be used for making homemade baby food.

Is "You've Got to Be Kidding Me!!!!!!!!!Who Else Got This" dishwasher safe?

Yes, "You've Got to Be Kidding Me!!!!!!!!!Who Else Got This" is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing for best results and to prolong the life of the product.

Does "You've Got to Be Kidding Me!!!!!!!!!Who Else Got This" come with a warranty?

Yes, "You've Got to Be Kidding Me!!!!!!!!!Who Else Got This" comes with a limited lifetime warranty. If you experience any issues with your product, please contact Pampered Chef customer service for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Chef Diane
  • chefjeanine
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
Replies
Views
lmradlein