• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Would You Show Up to a Host's House Without a Confirmation Call?

In summary, the conversation discusses a potential problem with a hostess and the possible solutions involved. The summary ends with the suggestion that if the hostess does not call back, the person bringing the food should leave a note on the door.
Jennie4PC
So I am supposed to have a show tonight and I have called the hostess several times at different times of the day and I still have yet to talk to her. I called her twice yesterday and left a message saying if I dont hear from you then I will be at your house a 6:45 today and I look forward to talking to her. Would you go if she didnt call you back? I am so torn I hate to leave my kids and go there if she does not plan on the show, but I also hate not to show up. This show was booked off another show. One good thing if she isnt home is the show is only a couple of blocks from my house.

I would be she isn't going to be there but I have had an absent host call me back when left a similar message saying that she was all set and it was a good show so you never know...

I would have a note with you to put on her door if she isn't there telling her that you hope she didn't have an emergency and that everything is okay. Tell her that you were there for her party and had gotten a sitter and reserved the night and please call to explain. Something like that...

I agree with Beth... bring a note just incase... I had a hostess that her phone wasn't working and all she had was email... but she would never respond to my emails.. so I didnt' know if I was going to have a show a couple of weeks ago or not.

Glad she is just a couple blocks away. Doesn't the MIA hosts just bug you? Sometimes it is just so frustrating ... good luck though. Hope the show goes on and it is a success.

Beth
Thanks so much for the letter idea I went to her house and of course she was not there. So I wrote her a letter and said I was sorry I missed you and I hope that you did not have an emergency and I hope all is well. I do know that you wanted to get the mandoline at 60% off and you can still get it at that price if you want to collect 200 in orders and we can submit it as a catalog show.
Right now I am kind of upset cause I am hoping to help pay for most of our trip in July to UT and WY plus I have my sisters wedding in June so we are having to save money. and I also use this money for my kids activities. I so wanted to tell her that in the letter. I probably would have been more blunt if she lived 20 mins away instead of 5.

I probably am a little blunt about this, but when I don't hear from my hosts after contacting them and/or no guest lists, I call them again and tell them I will not be able to do your show because I have been unable to get in touch with you. I assume either and emergency has come up (if that's the case I hope all in alright) or you have changed you mind on hosting a show. If you would like to host a show or need any product in the future please feel free to email or call me in the future.

If they call me back that morning or the day before saying they were busy or an emergency had come up, but are still planning on having the show and guests are coming, I will do the show. But I won't go all the way over there without knowing what to expect. I could be home with my family and booking more shows, or have booked another show in its place. My time is to valuable to let someone use it for nothing.

Just my 2cents-:)
Kelly

Kelly
I was so torn on what to do and I figured since she didn't live to far away I would still go. I was hoping she had phone problems or someone erased her messages. I am upset but I look at it as I get to spend a night with DH cause the rest of this week is busy. Plus I really wanted to drop the letter off.

My last resort message goes a little like this, "Hey (name here), its Kristin from PC calling. Look, I know you are as busy as I am lately, but I am really looking forward to your show tomorrow night. Since I havent been able to catch up with you by phone, I will pick up the recipe ingredients and you can re-imburse me when I get to your house around 6:30 tomorrow. See you then!"
I have always gotten a call back from an MIA host with that message. First of all, they certainly dont want you showing up if they dont intend on having the show, and the really wouldnt want to have to pay you for groceries either, so they always call back.

I could see why you would like to drop the letter off to tell her you were there.

Messages can get erased, but I feel it is a two way street and if they are really into booking and holding the show, they would call me to if they haven't heard from me. I just have had this happen to me and I feel my time and my job is very important to me and I think it's horrible people think they can blow you off like it doesn't matter. This is very important to me, this is my job and I tell them that right up front now, that if something comes up, please call me I will not be upset. I would rather have them call to cancel then not call at all.

Glad you got to spend the evening home with your husband!

Last edited:
I also got to see my DD really crawl for the 1st time.

I am with Kelly on this one. I leave a message that says since I have not been able to reach you I am hoping everything is ok. Unfortunatly if I do not hear from you by (usually the night before) I will not be able to do your show. Then I will try one more time in the morning, just in case.

WOW! That's great Jennie. Sometimes things work out for a reason.

:D I have to offer one more thing on this subject and then I will shut up!

If we didn't show up after they had planned their day or evening around the show, cleaned their home, purchased the food etc.... You can be sure they would be very upset. So I feel the respect needs to go both ways.
We have to plan for sitters, get our families dinner done ahead of time before we leave, pack our car, get catalogs ready (the list could go on.) So we are important too! :))

Okay I'm done, maybe! LOL!!!!

Kelly

Well I am sorry about not having a show... but that is cool about your little girl crawling for the frist time...... Things work out in a way we dont' expect it to at times.

It always amazes me how some people don't respect others' time (not returning phone calls, emails, etc). I had a host once who didn't return any of my calls (I did speak with her about 2-3 weeks before and we mentioned a recipe) or emails - I assumed the show was off since I never heard back from her and couldn't reach her. Then about 5 MINUTES before her show was scheduled to start, she calls me and says, "Um.. are you coming??" I told her that I thought we were off since I never heard back from her. She just said, "No.. I have people here." Fortunately she was only about 20 minutes away, but was not a happy camper! (Though you know what they say.. fake it til you make it. Well, I faked being happy!!)

Related to Would You Show Up to a Host's House Without a Confirmation Call?

1. What is "Help Nedd Some Serious Help"?

"Help Nedd Some Serious Help" is a collection of troubleshooting tips, recipes, and resources created by Pampered Chef consultants to help customers with common cooking and kitchen challenges.

2. Who can benefit from "Help Nedd Some Serious Help"?

"Help Nedd Some Serious Help" is designed for anyone who loves to cook and wants to improve their skills in the kitchen. Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned chef, this resource has something for everyone.

3. What types of topics are covered in "Help Nedd Some Serious Help"?

"Help Nedd Some Serious Help" covers a wide range of topics including knife skills, cooking techniques, kitchen organization, and recipe substitutions. It also includes troubleshooting tips for common kitchen equipment and ingredients.

4. How can I access "Help Nedd Some Serious Help"?

"Help Nedd Some Serious Help" can be accessed through the Pampered Chef website or through your independent consultant's website. It is also available as a physical booklet that can be purchased through a consultant.

5. Is "Help Nedd Some Serious Help" only for Pampered Chef products?

No, "Help Nedd Some Serious Help" is not limited to just Pampered Chef products. While some tips and recipes may feature specific Pampered Chef tools, the overall content is applicable to any cookware and ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Candice
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BeckyC5830
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
Wildfire