• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Advice Needed: How to Confirm a Distant Host for a Show

In the end, it's better to have something than nothing.In summary, the host did not respond to an email or call, so the attendee plans to call again next week and if they still don't hear from the host, they will assume the party is canceled.
jasonmva
Silver Member
I am suppose to have a show next Saturday with a host who lives roughly 1 hour away from me. With traffic, I wouldn't be surprised if it is 2 hours. Anyway, I emailed her last week to confirm the party, no response. I called and left a message last night, no response yet. I plan on calling again next week (Monday & Wednesday). If no response from her, I was going to call again on Friday and if I got her machine, I was going to leave a message pretty much stating if I do not hear from her then I will assume the party is cancelled.

Do you think this is a good game plan? I'm not really looking forward to the drive anyway but this is the only show I had booked for January.

Jason, I would probably leave the "I assume it's canceled message" on Monday. That way you won't spend your whole week worrying. It will also give her a little more time to get back with you. You could say, "if I don't hear from you on Wednesday then I will assume you need to reschedule the party. So please call me as soon as possible."

That stinks! Good luck!

Last edited:
I agree with Chef Kearns. Hopefully she will call you back on Monday and tell you the party is still on. Let us know how things turn out.

I agree too. I had a host do that in June. I did the first host coaching call with her & then never heard from her again. Didn't get her guest list 2 weeks before the show, so I started calling her to remind her to send it. As of a couple of days before the show, I still hadn't heard anything. So I left her a message saying that since I have not heard back from her I will not be coming & that if she'd like to reschedule to give me a call. Never heard from her again.

I can't understand why people can't just have the courtesy to pick up the phone and say "I am sorry - I cahanged my mind and don't want to host the show anymore" rather than strinf us along...Man it burns me up!!!

I agree with the rest..... A no today is better than a no tommorrow!

I agree why can't the host just let us know if they don't want to have a party anymore? They could email us if they don't want to say it in person. I'm sure it's frustrating for them to have us to keep calling them and it's even more frustrating for us when we don't hear from the.

I had a similiar experience in October - tried to get in touch with my host for 3 weeks...was ready to give up and leave her "the message", but she actually answered when I called, apologized profusely for not calling me back - she had several outside orders and her show ended up being over $1000! So, don't give up on her too easily would be my suggestion.

Try follow-up postcards or a note, too.

Related to Advice Needed: How to Confirm a Distant Host for a Show

1. How can I confirm a distant host for a show?

To confirm a distant host for a show, you can reach out to them via email, phone call, or social media. It's important to communicate clearly and provide all the necessary information about the show, such as the date, time, and location. You can also offer to send them a physical invitation or a digital invite through our Pampered Chef invitation system.

2. What if the host is hesitant or unsure about hosting a show?

If the host is hesitant or unsure about hosting a show, you can try to address their concerns and provide them with more information about the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef show. You can also offer to do a virtual show if they are unable to host a physical one. Additionally, our customer service team is always available to assist with any questions or concerns the host may have.

3. Is there a deadline for confirming a distant host for a show?

While there is no specific deadline for confirming a distant host, it's best to confirm as soon as possible to allow for enough time to plan and prepare for the show. We recommend reaching out to the host at least 2-3 weeks before the desired show date.

4. What if the host needs to cancel or reschedule the show?

If the host needs to cancel or reschedule the show, it's important to remain understanding and flexible. You can offer to work with them to find a new date that works for both of you. If the host needs to cancel, you can also offer to do a virtual show with their friends and family instead.

5. Can I offer any incentives or rewards to the host to confirm their show?

Yes, you can offer incentives or rewards to the host for confirming their show. This can include free products, discounts, or special offers. You can also remind the host of the host rewards they can earn based on the total sales from their show. Our customer service team can provide you with more information on the current host rewards program.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • lkhartmann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
msmileyface
Replies
Views
Wildfire