• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unresponsive Host & Show Tomorrow?? Help!

had 10-15 guests coming and I should come by around 11:30am. She also said that she would have more information for me when I get there.I would call her in the morning and confirm the time and number of people.
Joelen
So I've been diligently communicating with my host for the past month. I've personally delivered her host kit, offered to mail out postcard invites where I pay postage, sent her numerous emails to see how she's doing with her guests and show attendance/invites, set up her show online, send her private messages on the chat board we both participate in.... and her show is TOMORROW at noon.

The last time I heard from her was this past Monday where she informed me there were about 10-15 guests attending.... but she needed more time to confirm. I asked her everyday this week after that point for an update to confirm... because this was a free show where I would be providing all the food. I needed to know a final count so I could shop and plan accordingly.

Well, its now late and I still haven't heard from her. No answer to my phone calls either. What would you do? Would you still do the show and be at her house as scheduled, despite no update or any communication/response from her??

I'm pretty fed up with no response. I've purchased the food, packed up my bag and the show is about 30-35 minutes away with traffic (despite it being in the same city.) I don't know if I should send her an email tonight before bed to tell her I am seriously considering not showing up.

She failed to use the emails, wish list, etc. She claimed she sent an evite of her own, but I wasn't included in the guest list.... and she has yet to send it to me, even after a month. ARGH. Help... please?

I would wait until the morning and call her to let her know you are on your way. If you do send an email tonight, make it positive. Let her know you have already purchased the food and you are excited for her show. I know it is frustrating not knowing where the host is or what she is doing that she can't call you and let you know what is going on, but you never know what their situation is at the moment.

I agree with Rebecca.

I'd give her a call in the morning and let her know you're on your way. And, I'd try and send a positive email. If she has 10-15 guests coming that may just make for a good show!

BTW, I know how frustrating some hosts can be, though!

i would send an email tonite and place a phone call first thing in the morning if there is no response stating that you hope everything is alright and understand how busy we get these days. you are confirming that you will arrive for her show at whatever time and your looking forward to seeing her and her friends and helping everyone choose their favorites.
this should get you an almost immediate response if shes canncelling on you

hope that is not the case and good luck tomorrow :)

I agree with Rebecca. Some people are really bad about calling you back (o.k. - so that would be me... I was terrible to host coach - I always had good shows, but I would always forget to call my consultant back!).
Anyway, you could either do the email tonight (if you think she'd get it) or call her in the morning to "confirm" the time that you will arrive and "confirm" the number of people. Personally, I would do the phone call (to any/all numbers you have for her until you talk with her) and say something like... I will be there by 11:30a (or whatever time you told her) and I have enough food and catalogs for 15 people. Please let me know before xxx (the time you are leaving) if there will be more people so I can bring extra supplies. I look forward to seeing you in xxx hours!

I'd call in the morning as well. I actually have a host coming up in 3 weeks who told me off the bat that she is terrible about responding to phone calls/emails - luckily a good friend of mine works with her in case I can't get a hold of her. If your host told you she expects 10-15 people - she probably figured she didn't need to call you right back and probably just forgot - a lot of people just stink about returning phone calls - but are usually apologetic when they do. Good luck with your show! I'm sure it will be fun!

So I debated about sending an email before bed, and I was grumpy so I opted not to. I got up early, did my prep and called. She said that she was ready for me and expected 10-15 people... however she was afraid the rain we were having would keep people from coming to her show.DH drives me over and I set up. All is well and then about 1/2 hour after her show start time, we only had her parents and inlaws arrive. Nonetheless, I prepared them a full lunch - jerk chicken thighs w/cilantro & lime rice
chopped salad w/mango salsa
tropical fruit tartletts
pineapple orange fruit punchIt was a delicious and colorful spread... but it was fine not many people attended. In fact, her mom decided to book a show for Sept 1 so she could take advantage of the new fall/winter products! My host has a stack of catalogs to share with friends/family who weren't able to make it so hopefully she can gather some outside sales. I'll definitely be on her to make sure those that did order wont have to wait too long.Thanks everyone for your advice & input. Its great to have such an understanding community because my DH and friends wouldn't understand it from a business perspective. I value your input so thanks again!

Im so glad this worked out for you :) Kudos to you for keeping such a positive attitude:thumbup:

Do you always do that many recipes, or was this just because it was a 'free' show?

ljeffries said:
Do you always do that many recipes, or was this just because it was a 'free' show?

Actually, I've always done 3 "courses" (appetizer/side, main, dessert) and a drink. It allows me to show folks that the products can be used to create a whole meal and show more products. I also use the Simple Addition pieces or wovens to showcase them. So far its been paying off slowly, but folks already know how much I love to cook and entertain. I have a show this coming Friday and that's a Mexican Fiesta theme. For that show my tentative menu for her includes - some of which I make in advance & take to the show:

Tortilla Chips & Fresh Salsa (salad chopper)
Mexican Pizza (large bar pan) & Chicken Cheese Quesadillas (cookware)
Mexican Chocolate Bundt Cake (bundt pan)
Margarita Punch (Quik stir pitcher)

ljeffries said:

thats what I was gonna ask!

Your good Joelen! I hate when hosts ask me to do 2 recipes!! :D

I looked at your website - it is great!
My concern was the cost of the food to make that many dishes.

I hate cooking! seriously I do! :) !

ljeffries said:
I looked at your website - it is great!
My concern was the cost of the food to make that many dishes.

Its not too bad. I provide my hosts the option to have a full meal or a couple items. For all the parties I've done so far, they like that everything provided is made with PC products and they don't have to run out and get anything else.... I provide a majority of it, if not all. They will often split the costs so its not all on me. I also encourage them to really focus on attendance and I'll take care of the rest. I do my best to keep an ongoing rapport to find out how they are doing, where they need help and really get them to drive attendance and outside orders. I'm really excited about my show Friday... in just outside orders alone, she's got almost $500! I think it really helped that I checked in with her every couple of days and told her how awesome she is for spreading the word with everyone she knows. :)

What a great job you did!I'm starting to just do one recipe at my shows now. It helps with time and keeps the costs low for people. If I do more than one recipe, the first one is created before the show starts and as people come in, they have something to chomp on.

Joleen,
I am glad everything worked out in the long run. It sounds like your friday show is going to be a big hit. Have fun!

Related to Unresponsive Host & Show Tomorrow?? Help!

What do I do if my host is unresponsive?

If your host is unresponsive, try reaching out to them through multiple forms of communication such as phone, text, email, or social media. If you are still unable to get a response, you can contact Pampered Chef's customer service for assistance.

My show is tomorrow and my host hasn't sent out any invitations. What should I do?

If your show is tomorrow and your host has not sent out any invitations, try reaching out to them and reminding them to do so. You can also offer to help them send out the invitations or provide them with a list of potential guests to invite. If all else fails, you can still hold the show and try to attract guests through last-minute social media posts or by reaching out to your own contacts.

What happens if my host cancels the show last minute?

If your host cancels the show last minute, try to find out the reason and see if there is a possibility to reschedule. If not, you can still hold the show with any guests who may have already RSVPed, or you can try to reschedule with a different host. You can also contact Pampered Chef's customer service for further assistance.

Can I still earn rewards if my host is unresponsive or cancels the show?

Yes, you can still earn rewards as long as the show is held and at least four guests make a purchase. If your host is unresponsive or cancels the show, you can also try to hold the show with a different host or contact Pampered Chef's customer service for help.

What should I do if my host is unresponsive but the show is a few weeks away?

If your show is still a few weeks away and your host is unresponsive, try to reach out to them a few more times before taking any further action. If you are still unable to get a response, you can contact Pampered Chef's customer service for assistance or try to find a new host to hold the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • vanscootin
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies