• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Winning Against Football Season: A Strange but Successful Show Experience!

I was in the back cooking nachos! I know that sounds crazy but it just goes to show that if you are prepared and have backup, you can still pull off a great show.This is your newest recruit! Earn an extra $100 bucks!!!!!!!!!Dang, wish that would happen to me. I like smaller groups anyways. That's great. Congrats!
Luv2bake
Had a very odd show today. First off, this was for a hostess who I did a show for not even 3 months ago. She told me that today's would be small, since it is football season and her friends were pretty busy. Okay- so 2 ladies show up. I'm not worried since I know there are outside orders coming. BUT- they never turn the TV off during the entire demo. Not once! I was competing with the football game and not winning. Also- the hostess sat on the sofa and was texting her husband (via her phone) about the game. I made the Jerk Chicken nachos...which looked so good and smelled so yummy the ladies called their husbands, plus some neighbors showed up... and they loved them so I guess that part was okay! The show orders were about $75. eep! But as I am packing up my things (and I had brought pretty much every item in my kitchen- my bad) the hostess hands me the outside orders she got from other neighbors and work...uh...hello...this show is now at $1300 AND she will email me a few more orders tomorrow. whoo whoo! The Cowboys won and so did I!!!
I guess I'll take strange anyday...:eek:

That is strange, but worth it! Yay, you!

Holy crap! WAY TO GO!
You need to recruit that hostess!!

Just goes to show, don't prejudge. Even when we think things are a little odd, they may feel it's just the way they want them.

--Jenny L

That is so wonderful for you. I had a show once with 2 people there and it closed at over $800. You just can't judge. Sorry it was so strange but at least it paid out in the long run AND you didn't have to wait a week to get the outside orders!

Wowzers!!! Good for you that it is turning out so well!

That's awesome!!!!:)

Well I gotta say I needed a little boost. I was seriously thinking of quitting the biz because I just don't have much time. I work full time and the hours have gotten long b/c my coworker is on maternity leave, plus volunteer in the Jr. League, plus am the HOA President, plus am currently the executor of my Grandmother's will,..plus somehow trying not to alienate my family and friends. That has left very little time to pursue Pampered Chef...much less schedule a haircut. When you do this as a "hobby," like 1 show every month or two, it is nearly impossible to see any profit. That may change over the holidays though. Sorry for the dissertation on "why Amy has no time" but I was so overwhelmed going into this show. Discovering this site and reading the tips and advise from others has helped 2000%!!

Sounds to me like she wanted you to make the food for a little Football game get together. Way to go anyway!

Goodness... she just emailed back the final outside orders she received. The show is now just over $1500.
You're right- maybe I should just go into the catering biz! ha ha.

RECRUIT HER!! Is she at all interested? She had a GREAT show!!

OMG!!!! That is so awesome, Amy! You Rock!!!!
ththcheerleader.gif
ththcheerleader.gif
ththcheerleader.gif

Well I have tried to recruit her...after doing 3 shows for her all over $800 she has earned more PChef products than I have! She has one toddler and has another baby on the way, and works full time and just says it is not possible now. I won't give up on her...she may decide to quit the full time work and do this instead.

Thanks for the "props"...I sure needed it!

Luv2bake said:
Goodness... she just emailed back the final outside orders she received. The show is now just over $1500.
You're right- maybe I should just go into the catering biz! ha ha.
This is your newest recruit! Earn an extra $100 bucks!!!!!!!!!

Dang, wish that would happen to me. I like smaller groups anyways. That's great. Congrats!

It's weird sometimes. You do a show where things don't go right and Wow you sometimes end up with high sales. Sometimes, you get everything right and are lucky to have a $300 show. I am just glad that the numbers game sometimes works. I also feel like sometimes it helps to be flexible and roll with it. I don't tend to be a control freak and I will take into account the hostess' vision for the show. How she may want to feel like she had enjoyed being with her friends. I was out of town for a funeral and my director had to help my first recruit with her first party. My recruit said she wished I had been there that she liked the way I listened and let her have input on the show. Made me feel great-- I had felt like my director was really better to get her going with her first show.

You never know about shows. It is the hostess and her enthusiasm and goal setting that makes the difference I think. Now everyone-- collective prayer for great hostesses!!!!

Oh, I just noticed that you (Luv2Bake) are in McKinney. Are you part of the Sparling cluster? I am.

wow...just goes to prove that 'you never know'...i'm glad this came to you just when it seems you needed it most. :)

Wow, good for you!! I'm glad it ended up being a great show! :thumbup: :D

Yes I am in McKinney, and my cluster I think is Radu? My Director is Angela Baxter. I do this so part time that I have never even been to a meeting. They always fall on a night I'm at an HOA or JLP meeting.

Okay- show total so far is now at $1700.... these are people at her work. I think I need to do a show at her workplace! Goodness- I'd be able to retire. ha ha. Maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket, I feel the cosmic balance is finally swinging slightly to the favorable side for my family.

that is amazing! Congratulations!

I think the strangest part of the whole thing is that the hostess didn't meet you at the door thrilled to announce all those outside orders! Most hosts are so proud of collecting a lot of orders before the show and she doesn't even mention it until you're about to leave-she must really love football!

Girl, that is soooooo AWESOME!! You've got to do the happy dance. Challenge her to $2000. I don't know what you could offer her that she's not already getting, but that's what I would do. How cool is that?!

HOLY COW!!!! that is strange but way to go!!!

Congrats on a great show!

1. What is "Winning Against Football Season: A Strange but Successful Show Experience!"?

"Winning Against Football Season" is a unique cooking show experience created by Pampered Chef to help individuals and families enjoy delicious meals and entertaining ideas during football season.

2. How is this show different from other cooking shows?

This show is specifically designed to provide meal solutions and entertaining ideas for those who want to avoid the typical game day snacks and meals. It offers creative and delicious alternatives to the traditional football season fare.

3. Who can benefit from attending this show?

Anyone who wants to enjoy delicious and healthy meals during football season can benefit from this show. It is perfect for busy individuals and families who want to save time and effort in the kitchen while still enjoying tasty and satisfying meals.

4. What types of recipes and ideas will be featured in the show?

The show will feature a variety of recipes and ideas, including easy and quick meals, make-ahead dishes, and creative entertaining ideas for game day gatherings. There will also be tips for incorporating healthy options into your football season menu.

5. How can I attend or host a "Winning Against Football Season" show?

You can attend a show by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant or hosting your own show. Simply reach out to a consultant to schedule a show in your home, or host a virtual show online. You can earn free and discounted products by hosting a show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• eks1978
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedChefLayla
  • Chef_2_Four
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ljeffries
  • Nanisu