• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wine and Cheese Show: Tips for Hosting a Successful PC Demo at a Wine Store

In summary, the conversation revolved around preparing for a PC demo at a wine store, specifically a wine and cheese show. The individual sought advice on product suggestions, recipe ideas, and a show outline, as well as ways to make the demo successful and beneficial for both parties. Some product recommendations included the Carving Board, Large SA Platter, Cheese Knife, AP Spreader, wine opener, and pourer. Recipe suggestions included finger foods and no-cook options, while the show outline involved a brief introduction, a talk on wine pairing, and a demonstration of each recipe with audience participation. The main tip was to have fun and involve the audience to promote both the products and the store.
cookin to the top
Gold Member
I have been invited to do a PC demo at a wine store, and want to do a wine and cheese show, talk a little about wine pairing, etc....has anyone ever done a show like this? I would love some advice on products to show, what to make, maybe a show outline? (They won't have an oven, and might not even have a microwave!) This might turn into a regular thing...a demo every month, if they're pleased with the first one! (I talked to the owner about how it could really help us both- bring customers into his store, educate people about wine, and get the word out about the Pampered Chef, which is almost unheard of in this area. He was very interested.) YES!!!! I'd really appreciate as many ideas and tips you can give!

There may be resources available at the wine shop. Using those and suggesting that customers use them will be appreciated by the shop manager. There are also lots of sites out there about wine and cheese pairings. Do a search. Be sure to talk about a variety of cheese types (soft, hard, semi-soft, etc.) and give a couple of wine suggestions for each. Two great products for that are the Carving Board and the Large SA Platter. The platter is great because you can use a write/wipe pen or grease pencil to label the cheeses. Best wishes!

I didn't know that about the grease pencil. How neat! I'm thinking also the cheese knife, AP Spreader, wine opener, pourer....and I'm out of ideas. LOL... I'll need to find out if they have a heat source, but there are neat Brie recipes and a few other cheese spreads....

Hi there! Congratulations on being invited to do a PC demo at a wine store, that's such a great opportunity! I have actually done a few wine and cheese shows in the past and they have always been a hit.First of all, it's great that you've already talked to the owner about how this could benefit both parties. That's a great way to start off the planning process. As for product suggestions, I would recommend focusing on tools that are specifically designed for cutting and serving cheese, such as the Cheese Knife, the Cheese Plane, and the Cheese Tool Set. These are all great for showcasing different ways to cut and serve different types of cheese.In terms of what to make, I would suggest keeping it simple and sticking to finger foods that can be easily paired with different types of wine. Some ideas could be bruschetta, crostini, or even a simple cheese and cracker platter. If the store doesn't have an oven or microwave, you could also showcase some of our no-cook recipes, like our Avocado and Black Bean Salsa or our Spinach and Artichoke Dip.As for the show outline, I would recommend starting off with a brief introduction about the Pampered Chef and why you're there, followed by a short talk about wine pairing and the tools you'll be using. Then, move on to the food portion of the demo, demonstrating each recipe and talking about how it pairs with different types of wine. You could also incorporate some fun facts about wine and cheese pairing throughout the demo to keep things interesting.Overall, my biggest tip would be to have fun with it and get the audience involved! Encourage them to try different pairings and ask for their feedback. This will not only make the demo more engaging, but it will also help to promote the products and the store.I hope this helps and best of luck with your demo! I'm sure it will be a hit and lead to many more opportunities in the future. Let me know if you have any other questions or need more ideas. Happy cooking!

1. What is the purpose of hosting a PC demo at a wine store?

The purpose of hosting a PC demo at a wine store is to introduce customers to the Pampered Chef products and demonstrate how they can enhance their wine and cheese experience. It is also a great opportunity to generate sales and build relationships with potential customers.

2. How do I choose the right products to showcase at the wine and cheese show?

When choosing products to showcase at the wine and cheese show, consider the type of cheeses and wines that will be featured. Choose versatile products that can be used with a variety of cheeses and wines, such as cheese knives, wine openers, and serving platters. You can also consult with the wine store to see if they have any specific requests or recommendations.

3. How should I set up my display at the wine and cheese show?

Your display should be visually appealing and organized to attract customers. Use tablecloths, signage, and other decorations to create an inviting atmosphere. Arrange your products in an attractive and organized manner, and make sure to have samples available for customers to try. You can also include recipe cards or product information sheets to showcase the versatility of the products.

4. How can I make the demo interactive and engaging for customers?

To make the demo interactive and engaging, encourage customers to participate by trying samples and asking questions. You can also have a demonstration of a recipe using the products, and allow customers to taste the finished dish. Incorporate fun games or challenges to keep customers entertained and interested in the products.

5. How can I follow up with customers after the wine and cheese show?

After the wine and cheese show, make sure to collect contact information from interested customers. Follow up with a thank-you email or phone call, and offer a special promotion or discount for their first purchase. You can also invite them to future PC demos or events to continue building a relationship with them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• susanr613
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Kattyschack
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • n8vtxn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies