• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will My Son Inherit My Cooking Skills?

In summary, there are a variety of meals planned for tonight. Some are making pizza and salad, while others are eating out at restaurants or ordering subs. Some are making homemade dishes, such as seasoned chicken fajitas and bean and cheese tacos, while others are making a black bean salsa/salad. Some are having a special dinner, like steak and pierogies, while others are sticking to healthier options. There is also a mixture of emotions, with some feeling sad about a work situation and others excited for a kid-free night out. Overall, there are many delicious and interesting meals being planned for tonight.
rennea
Gold Member
Tonight we are having Pizza:chef:

I'm going to make a salad as well, got to get those veggies in!!

I am surprising my teens with a trip to Orlando tonight so I am not sure where we are eating. Maybe Wolfgang Puck's Cafe in Downtown Disney.

i'm going to try the tandoori-style lamb from the grilling book, but with chicken thighs instead of lamb. i bought some beautiful veggies (peppers, cippolini onions, beets) at the farmers market to toss with olive oil, herbs and put in the grill basket. i looove that grill basket!

Since I will be with my mom at the dr's late this afternoon, we are going to order subs from our favorite place. I plan on making a salad to go with them. Have a nice weekend everyone.

Pizza for DS and me tonight too! DH is gone. Not sure yet if it will be a frozen or homemade.
I'm in a cleaning frenzy right now, so it might depend on where I'm at in the mess at dinner time!

Seasoned Chicken Fajita with bell pepper and onions made from boneless, skinless thighs and Bean and Cheese tacos! Homemade tortillas.
It's one of my hubbies favorites, topped with sour cream and with some big red!!! Yummy! It's Friday and so I want something special, although we are heading over to the Luau party tonight with our homeschool group.

Debbie :D

Leftover White Chicken Chili (I have a show tonight)

Steak and Perogies!!

I just made this the other day and it was so good, I want to make it again!

Black Bean Salsa/Salad

2 cups corn--canned, frozen, or fresh off the cob

2 cups Roma tomatoes (about 4-5) chopped and deseeded

2 cups cucumbers, chopped and deseeded

3/4 cup purple onion, chopped

3/4 cup fresh cilantro (key to recipe, make sure it is fresh) chopped

1 15 oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed

1/2 cup cider vinegar

3 T. olive oil

2 tsp. sugar

1/2 tsp. salt

Mix. Chill and serve. Enjoy!

Serve with tortilla chips!

I will make DH some angel hair pasta with garlic and olive oil with sun dried tomatoes.

I weigh in tomorrow with WW so I will just eat a salad. I haven't done well all week with DH STILL Home, so I better stick to a salad tonight. Pasta will really have me gaining!

PampChefJoy said:
I just made this the other day and it was so good, I want to make it again!

Black Bean Salsa/Salad

2 cups corn--canned, frozen, or fresh off the cob

2 cups Roma tomatoes (about 4-5) chopped and deseeded

2 cups cucumbers, chopped and deseeded

3/4 cup purple onion, chopped

3/4 cup fresh cilantro (key to recipe, make sure it is fresh) chopped

1 15 oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed

1/2 cup cider vinegar

3 T. olive oil

2 tsp. sugar

1/2 tsp. salt

Mix. Chill and serve. Enjoy!

Serve with tortilla chips!

I have that same recipe! I love it, and it's a wonderful side dish for enchiladas, or burritos....I make white creamy chicken enchiladas, and this is always the side I serve with them.....I like the leftovers as a wrap w/ some brown rice and lettuce too!

DH and I are going out tonight to Japanese Restaraunt where the cook the food right in front of you. We are going to be kidless for the first time in years! :)

woo hoo laurie!!! have a wonderful time!!!

We are having ribs on the grill, twice baked potatoes and salad. (Boy I love summer!)

susanr613 said:
woo hoo laurie!!! have a wonderful time!!!

Thanks Susan! I am planning on it.

We are suppose to go to a movie too. You know one that is playing in a movie theater and not on TV or DVD.:)

I'm going to see if DH will take me out for supper. I'm sad because they hired Rachel's replacement today and she was the entire front office's LAST choice.

I'm trying to be positive about it- but I'm too bummed to cook- I do at least know that- and if I'm forced to cook we're having popcorn and fudge for supper!

HA!

Kitchen Diva said:
I'm going to see if DH will take me out for supper. I'm sad because they hired Rachel's replacement today and she was the entire front office's LAST choice.

I'm trying to be positive about it- but I'm too bummed to cook- I do at least know that- and if I'm forced to cook we're having popcorn and fudge for supper!

HA!

Oh Kacey my dear. I'm sorry that happened. Hang in there it will get better. You should know that the queen of positive thinking:)!

DH should definately take you to dinner, however, what you would cook sounds sinful!;)

Kitchen Diva said:

HA!

Sorry KD! Hopefully she will not be too bad once she starts. If he does not take you out then maybe you can have take-out at home! Hope your day gets batter!:thumbup:

Probably nothing....had a big lunch and have a show tonight. DH works afternoons so we are all on our own!

Our DS's are gone tonight, so DH and I are going to this great place called Pete's in McAlester, family style Itilian food that is YUMMY. Then maybe to the lake tomorrow for fishing with no kidos.

Kitchen Diva said:

HA!

LOL - Hey! That's what Micah and I had last night! While watching Alvin and The Chipmunks for the 1000th time! (I let him pick the movie!:rolleyes:)

Cajun catfish fillets I picked up for myself.

Russell does not want anything. He got dehydrated yesterday and the principal had to take him to the hospital from school. He is feeling somewhat better but is still weak and not feeling too great at all. I know he feels horrible when he agees to miss football practice!

Luke always wants nuggets or bologna ot he has started eating fish sticks some.

I think we're having spaghetti and salad! I'm have my usual pregnancy cravings and tonight i'm craving spaghetti!!

Dinner?! I forgot about dinner!!!

I guess we'll go to DD's grandparents pizza shop and she'll get chicken fingers and french fries and I will get a turkey sub!! LOL...

I will have salmon and green beans... I've been procrastinating this paper all week and NEED to write it tonight, so I will be locking myself away with the opening ceremonies and cooking what will go bad if I don't cook it! :)

pamperedpals said:
DH and I are going out tonight to Japanese Restaraunt where the cook the food right in front of you. We are going to be kidless for the first time in years! :)

Hubba Hubba ;):love:

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL - Hey! That's what Micah and I had last night! While watching Alvin and The Chipmunks for the 1000th time! (I let him pick the movie!:rolleyes:)

I'm getting a perm tonight after work- totally forgot about it... so DH is on his own and I won't be home in time for supper- I might have left over mac-n-cheese or a bowl of cereal. The roofers will be at our place tomorrow at 7:00 am... UGH!

I might take one of the dog's tranquilizers! LOL

ChefBeckyD said:

My Mom was famous for this supper...it wasn't until I was older that I learned her salt and sugar craving came from PMS! We only had it a few times a year- but it was fun for us as kids!

Kitchen Diva said:
My Mom was famous for this supper...it wasn't until I was older that I learned her salt and sugar craving came from PMS! We only had it a few times a year- but it was fun for us as kids!

That's so funny - same thing with my mom!

I also learned from her the unique flavor combination of Lays Potato Chips, a Hershey Bar, and a Pepsi for lunch! :D

Now, we ate very healthy about 90% of the time....except for when Mom HAD to have the choco/salt combo!

ChefBeckyD said:
That's so funny - same thing with my mom!

I also learned from her the unique flavor combination of Lays Potato Chips, a Hershey Bar, and a Pepsi for lunch! :D

Now, we ate very healthy about 90% of the time....except for when Mom HAD to have the choco/salt combo!

My mother cannot cook and I'd cry whenever she told me she was making either pork chops or lasagna. Mom's lasagna HAD to be served in a bowl- it was that runny and it lacked serious amounts of cheese. And her pork chops were so dry that while cutting one of them into slices I started a fire from the dryness and friction from my knife.

My whole family is full of mediocre cooks my grandmother was a fairly decent one, so the entire family is amazed that I've been blessed with the genes of a future chef! :)

Kitchen Diva said:
My mother cannot cook and I'd cry whenever she told me she was making either pork chops or lasagna. Mom's lasagna HAD to be served in a bowl- it was that runny and it lacked serious amounts of cheese. And her pork chops were so dry that while cutting one of them into slices I started a fire from the dryness and friction from my knife.

My whole family is full of mediocre cooks my grandmother was a fairly decent one, so the entire family is amazed that I've been blessed with the genes of a future chef! :)

For me, it's in my blood. I come from a long line of good cooks - and from a family where everyone cooks...including all of the men. My brothers are both excellent cooks.
I married a man who knows how to make a fried egg - if you like them brown and crispy on the bottom.:yuck:, and can make macaroni and cheese from a box, if his 4 yr. old is helping him. Our son is already showing signs of being a great cook though! He loves to make me pretend meals....one of his specialties is chocolate chip soup! I am determined that in this one area...(there is another area too though) he will be more like me than his dad. He is going to know how to cook!

(the other one is that he will travel and live in other places....DH has lived within a one mile radius his entire life....and I cannot fathom that!)

1. What is the nutritional value of pizza?

Pizza can vary in nutritional value depending on the toppings and crust used. However, on average, a slice of cheese pizza contains about 285 calories, 10.8 grams of fat, and 12.4 grams of protein.

2. Is pizza a healthy dinner option?

Pizza can be a healthy dinner option if you choose healthier toppings such as veggies, lean meats, and whole grain crust. It can also be balanced out with a side of salad to add more nutrients.

3. How can I make my pizza healthier?

You can make your pizza healthier by opting for whole grain crust, choosing lean protein as toppings (such as chicken or turkey), and adding plenty of veggies. You can also reduce the amount of cheese and use a lower-fat cheese option.

4. Will a salad provide enough nutrients for a balanced meal?

While salads can be a great source of nutrients, they may not provide enough to constitute a balanced meal on their own. It's important to have a variety of fruits, vegetables, protein, and whole grains in your meal for a well-rounded and balanced diet.

5. Can I still enjoy pizza as part of a healthy diet?

Yes, you can still enjoy pizza as part of a healthy diet. It's all about moderation and making healthier choices. Look for whole grain crust, load up on veggies, and limit the amount of cheese and processed meats. Pair it with a side of salad for added nutrients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sklay723
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • pamperedbybarbara