• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will I Make It? Biting My Nails!

In summary, Diane is trying to figure out if she will make the $3000 in sales goal for the month, and is concerned that she may not be able to do so if she doesn't have more orders. She has 6 shows open, and is hoping to get $550 in orders from them. She is also hopeful that one of her shows that has already closed will have collected more orders than she needs.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
So, I have 6 shows I am trying to close .....right now, I am at $2450 in sales, and that includes 2 shows that I have already closed (had some really low shows this month - all my shows except 1 held, but had fairly low attendance at most - it's summer!)

So, I am trying to figure out if I am going to make the $3000......I know one host has $200 in Outside Orders.......I have a few individual orders also - but I'm really not wanting to pursue those types of orders until August, when I host my Fall Preview Show.......(want to get those #'s up there!)

I'm trying to think if I should offer the shows still open an incentive for for getting xx number of outside orders....or xx dollar amount in outside orders.....but I don't have alot of time - I would like to close these shows by the 31st....I know I have until the 5th, but I'm also thinking paycheck amount too.....and that $3000 mark gives me a better %.

Deep breathe - don't hyperventilate...not going to offer advice this time, just prayers that it will all work out for you!

I probably wouldn't be so concerned except for the Sellathon....and I am so close.....plus I have committed to my DH that I will do $3000 in sales each month - need that $700+ paycheck!

So how many shows are still open? If I'm reading right, you have two closed (of 6), so if you have 4 shows open, then for each show to qualify, it'll have to be $150 and if you have 4 shows at $150, that's $600 in sales. Add that to your $2450 and you've hit your $3k mark. But I may have missed something.Maybe you could call your hosts and see how feasible it is to have their shows closed by the 31st; maybe offer them $10 extra in free product or a special gift from our new fall products (ideas: finger guard, bamboo tongs, cranberry skinny scraper or one of the new sweet seasoning blends), though she'd have to wait a month for the gift to come in.

Okay... I'm right here with you! And Janet's advise to just pray is the BEST! I really didn't think I'd be anywhere near the $3000. I have 10 shows ( cooking and Catty's) this month...had 11 but one rescheduled for Sept. ANYWAY... all the shows have been lower show averages for me as well... one was $525 but the others are all 310 and lower ... so... if the 4 I still have open only do the minimum... then I'm $380 short... if they do better... then maybe I'll be there.. .but I've done my host coaching and double checked if there is more that I can do... so it's in God's hands... and I'm keeping a close eye as well! ;) I'm very hopeful that a couple of the catty shows have already collected more than the enough but one host is out of town at a conference and so I can't check in with her. She's a great host who works at a good spot for getting orders and she didn't indicate that she was strugging to get orders when we last spoke so... Okay... as Janet said... DEEP BREATH and let God ....... sorry... I'm SO surprised to be this close that I cannot help but get whirled up!!!!!!!!! sorry... :)

Diane - It's nice to know someone else is in the same situation!:eek: I have a total of 8 shows this month - 6 Cooking, and 2 Catalog.....I have 1 Cooking that has closed, and 1 Catalog that has closed......leaving 5 Cooking shows still open, and 1 Catalog Show still open. I am at $2450 with all of the orders I have in right now for all 8 of the shows..........so, I am HOPING for $550 in outside orders from the 6 shows still open.
*****One of those shows was at a whopping $3.15 in commissionable sales when I left her show.......only one person placed an order at the show and she was the past host, who ordered the salad spinner & a rub. She now has $135 in sales - so I'll probably have to add an individual order to that to make it a show.....not expecting any more from her. That Leaves 5 shows to gather $550 from.
**** One host (who has said she will call today to close....but I haven't heard from her yet) emailed and told me she has $200 in outside orders - which will put her show over the $500 mark. Then I'll need $350 more in orders........
*****Another host - I know she has outside orders, and she always places a large order herself....just don't know how much it will be.
*****My Catty Show host is at $167 in sales right now - but haven't been able to reach her the past few days to know if she has any more orders.....
*****Grandma Esther (88 yr old host) had a couple more outside orders to get, and I know she has a large personal order - she is ordering gifts for all of her children and grandchildren for Christmas, plus all the products she wants personally. I'll be closing her show on Monday.
*****And my show from last night - Show was at barely $200 when I left, but as I was packing up, the host remembered that she had 3 outside orders she forgot to give me - she was just going to send them online....plus she and her DH both were gathering orders from work - so she thinks they will make it to $500.....just don't want to count on it....they are planning on closing on Tuesday!:eek: Which is so last minute to know if I'm going to make the $3000 mark!I made several CC calls this morning - but just got answering machines for all of them. My psyche can only take that for so long and then I need a break, so DS & I met DH at the park for a picnic and to play.....we just got home, and now I'm going to get back to work!But not worrying any longer......a couple deep breaths and a prayer......be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING, by prayer and supplication, let your requests be made known unto God......

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the incentive is for having 2 shows + and $3000 in sales. What will the free items be?

Becky,

You are so close, I'm saying that you are going to make it, and no more nail biting

You will get it Becky! I know you'll make it happen. :)

I am about to close my last two shows... one will close at around $1500 and the other at around $700... so that means I will make my $3k & 2 shows. Going out with a (little) bang! My Director and my upline have already cut me out of their emails... so I wonder if the home office will still send me my sell a thon packages? LOL :D

Thanks you guys!

No more nail biting!

Pampered Laura said:
You will get it Becky! I know you'll make it happen. :)

I am about to close my last two shows... one will close at around $1500 and the other at around $700... so that means I will make my $3k & 2 shows. Going out with a (little) bang! My Director and my upline have already cut me out of their emails... so I wonder if the home office will still send me my sell a thon packages? LOL :D
Laura, you rock!

Oops- Becky, you ROCK, too!

chefann said:
Oops- Becky, you ROCK, too!
That's okay Ann - you can save my "You Rock" for when I actually close all these shows and have $3000 in sales!;)Then you can give me a "You Rock"......and a Happy Dance too!

Pretty good month this month... considering.

Fundraiser catalog show: $374
Show 1: $677.31
Show 2: $1500'ish
Show 3: $600'ish

I like the July package, too... so it's exciting if they actually send it to me :p

Pampered Laura said:
Pretty good month this month... considering.

Fundraiser catalog show: $374
Show 1: $677.31
Show 2: $1500'ish
Show 3: $600'ish

I like the July package, too... so it's exciting if they actually send it to me :p

When I saw the levels at conference - I was excited about what I earned in June - but even more excited about what I could earn in July!

Even if they don't send the directors pkg.....it seems like they would still send the Level you earned.......you are still active and turning in shows......

ARRRGGGHHH!!!

I have closed 3 shows........(only one had any significant outside orders), and I have 3 more to close.......TONIGHT!!! (if I can get the hosts to call me back that is:rolleyes: )

Soooo, right now, I am at $2670.......I know one of the shows that I need to close isn't going to amount to squat.....so the other 2, between them, I need $330 between outside orders & host orders......I just called and left messages at all 3 homes to call me this evening - so I guess I'll be sitting by the phone tonight!

Good luck, Becky!! I hope they all call you back tonight! I hate that phone tag waiting game - ugh!! Hang in there and good job getting all of those sales!! :)

Good luck Becky! I'll be busy entertaining our lifeguards tonight so I won't be online but I'll be praying that you make it!

I had a really slow July, but I managed to get my two shows... problem is that the woman who held the second show (2 WEEKS AGO!!!) sent me an e-mail this morning that she is way toooo crazy to go through the book and tell me what she wants. She said it's going to have to wait a few days. I've called twice today and told her that she has to close out tonight or her guests would lose their free guest special. I thought that would light a fire under her butt, but I still haven't heard from her. I just got off the phone with HO and the woman there suggested that I call her again and tell her that if I didn't hear from her by tonight that I was going to pick her merchandise for her and she would be able to exchange whatever she didn't want. I would hate to do that, but I WANT MY PAN!!!!! What should I do???

Dawn4 said:
I had a really slow July, but I managed to get my two shows... problem is that the woman who held the second show (2 WEEKS AGO!!!) sent me an e-mail this morning that she is way toooo crazy to go through the book and tell me what she wants. She said it's going to have to wait a few days. I've called twice today and told her that she has to close out tonight or her guests would lose their free guest special. I thought that would light a fire under her butt, but I still haven't heard from her. I just got off the phone with HO and the woman there suggested that I call her again and tell her that if I didn't hear from her by tonight that I was going to pick her merchandise for her and she would be able to exchange whatever she didn't want. I would hate to do that, but I WANT MY PAN!!!!! What should I do???

You have until the 5th for the pan, but I'd still try to push her. Keep telling her tonight is your deadline, make the 3rd your mental deadline. :) That way you have 2 days until actual deadline.

ChefBeckyD said:
Soooo, right now, I am at $2670.......I know one of the shows that I need to close isn't going to amount to squat.....so the other 2, between them, I need $330 between outside orders & host orders......I just called and left messages at all 3 homes to call me this evening - so I guess I'll be sitting by the phone tonight!

I know for commission you need the orders to be submitted tonight. But for the sell-a-thon you have until August 5th to submit the july shows.

I hope they get back to you and add up to over 3k.

tlennhoff said:
I know for commission you need the orders to be submitted tonight. But for the sell-a-thon you have until August 5th to submit the july shows.

I hope they get back to you and add up to over 3k.

I made it a goal, and also made a commitment to myself and DH that my sales goal for each month would be $3000. My paycheck is what pays for extras in our household - so I really try to have a paycheck that is equally distributed throughout the month. July has already been tough - because most of my June shows were closed by the 15th of June (we had a family vacation the end of June) I only had one show close before the 15th of July(because of the 4th holiday and then conference....)so we have essentially gone most of the month of July w/o a paycheck from me......the difference between getting these shows closed tonight, and getting them closed tomorrow is 2 Weeks more waiting for the paycheck.

I am learning more every year how to schedule my summer shows - it is a definite learning process! I thought that with the # of shows I had for July - I would have no problem hitting $3000 - the same # of shows in June gave me a $4700 month (and I completely paid for our vacation!:D )

and hey - I really do want those SAT products from July too!;)

janetupnorth said:
You have until the 5th for the pan, but I'd still try to push her. Keep telling her tonight is your deadline, make the 3rd your mental deadline. :) That way you have 2 days until actual deadline.

She finally got back to me. I made it!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! How cool! I'm looking forward to that chicken dish they made in the 8" skillet in the demo video at conference. It had mushrooms and a yummy looking cream sauce.

I hope that one year they will serve us the new recipes. They show them to us at the General Session then we are released for lunch to some lame thing, especially if you are not in the conference club. Goodness!

Dawn4 said:
She finally got back to me. I made it!!!!

Yeah for you!

Becky, how did you do last night????

I'm $220 short of $3000 for the sellathon. I have one more catalog show that is still open - but unless I find some orders on my own to add to it, it won't make the $150.....so I am going to be working that angle until the 5th.

I closed 3 shows yesterday - and although I came up a little short of my goal.....DH was still proud of me for not giving up, and working til the end to make it happen. One of his "love languages" is acts of service - and because he knows I was working hard for that paycheck for US - just by doing it, I was speaking his language!:D

So, I didn't make the $3000 by the 31st (but I came close!) but I still have until the 5th to get those products!!!

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm $220 short of $3000 for the sellathon. I have one more catalog show that is still open - but unless I find some orders on my own to add to it, it won't make the $150.....so I am going to be working that angle until the 5th.

I closed 3 shows yesterday - and although I came up a little short of my goal.....DH was still proud of me for not giving up, and working til the end to make it happen. One of his "love languages" is acts of service - and because he knows I was working hard for that paycheck for US - just by doing it, I was speaking his language!:D

So, I didn't make the $3000 by the 31st (but I came close!) but I still have until the 5th to get those products!!!

Yeah for the good stuff! You still have a few days! Keep chugging...

You'll get there!!! You're soooooo close!

Congrats Dawn on making it.

Gotcha Becky, that makes sense. Sounds like your husband gets it though so while painful to be without the paycheck it is great to have the support.

Hey Becky
Hope to hear soon that you've made the $3000 goal for sure! You've been working so hard, and you inspire me. :)

Related to Will I Make It? Biting My Nails!

1. Will offering an incentive for outside orders help me reach my sales goal?

Offering an incentive for outside orders can definitely help boost your sales and increase your chances of reaching your goal. Customers may be more motivated to place an order if there is a chance to receive a discount or free product.

2. How much time do I have to close these shows?

You have until the end of the month to close these shows, but it is recommended to try and close them as soon as possible to ensure you reach your sales goal and receive your desired paycheck amount.

3. Should I focus on getting outside orders or individual orders?

It ultimately depends on your personal preference and strategy. However, if you are looking to increase your sales and reach your goal, focusing on outside orders may be more beneficial as they typically have a higher average order amount.

4. Is it better to close shows by the 31st or the 5th for a higher paycheck?

Closing shows by the 31st will ensure that your sales are counted towards the current month's paycheck. However, if you are close to reaching a higher sales tier, it may be worth waiting until the 5th of the following month to receive a higher percentage on your sales.

5. How can I increase my chances of reaching my $3000 sales goal?

In addition to offering incentives for outside orders, you can also try reaching out to previous customers and offering them a chance to place an order. You can also utilize social media to promote your shows and products to a wider audience. Lastly, make sure to follow up with any potential orders and provide excellent customer service to encourage repeat business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vanscootin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • StacieB
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • esavvymom