• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Host Orders: The Dilemma of Adding Outside Orders to Your Show

In summary, the host had an event where the children were responsible for making pizzas, cupcakes, and candy necklaces, but the host did not participate. The host offered to watch the children, but the party-goer declined. The host collected orders at the end of the show, but only had $80.00 to spend.
kam
Staff member
OK, I have 1 cooking show (at $171) and 1 catalog show (at $141) open right now.

I am really trying to get these hosts to get more orders. I finally managed to get the catalog host to get another order to get her to $150. (And I have told my catalog host if she does not get to $200 - she will get no free product value! - and she is OK with that.)

All along I have had a couple of outside orders that I knew could be added if needed. I have not told either host this since I wanted THEM to get orders.

The cooking show host wanted to close the day after the party with no outside orders. I have convinced her to get another order to get her to $200, so she may get there yet.

Here is my dilemma. I have now managed to get 3 outside orders myself and the total is over $150.

I am REALLY tempted to throw together my own show now and get the host benefit myself!

Normally I would have no problem putting these orders onto their show to help them out - but I really feel like they have really not tried at all to get orders.

So - is this bad of me to throw together my own show as host- or should I really put these orders onto their shows to help them out??

Do I get commission on guest sales from my own show that I am the host?

What would everyone else do?

I don't think it is bad ~ you gathered the orders. If you want the host bonus for Nov - then go for it! Turn in your own show!
I usually only add orders to shows if I know the host has been working to get to the next level, and this will help her, or if I am trying to save an individual order some shipping costs.

I had someone today call and order a food chopper, and I have a host who has really been trying to get her show up a level, and feeling really bad because she couldn't (and also feeling bad for me because she wanted a better show for my sake too) so I added the order to her show. She will be thrilled when she finds out, although I fully expect her to get enough in orders this weekend to bring it up to the next level herself, without help from me!

That's not bad at all! You did the work! I agree with Becky...I help out hosts who genuinely seem to be "working"...not those who are limping along. It is not our job to find them additional orders, so don't feel bad at all! You have given them ample coaching, so it's on them!

Oh, and yes, you get commission. What you don't get is commission on anything you might buy using the host discount.

You could always have an assumed named host the show for you, too.

Thank you for making me feel not so selfish. I don't know why I felt bad about it. I really did work for 2 of the orders. And I agree, if I felt the hosts were really trying, then I would split the orders between them to help them. But when I remind them what they can get at the next level, they don't really care. And I think I really want the serving tray...or do I want the bowl...decisions....decisions. I am new and I could really use any extra pieces at a reduced rate!

Better look out KG - she has a cat - assumed names can lead to trouble.

I'm all for you getting the host benefit Kathleen. You gave them their options and they know the rewards if they do the work.

I've got two Scottish Terrierists, four cats and The Kat Lady.One puss doesn't intimidate me. :p

I had a party recently where the host asked me to do a kids b-day party cooking show. So I planned to have the children make little pizzas, decorate cupcakes, make candy necklaces, and play pizza bingo. I had her pick up all the food and I had a plan for the set up. When I got there she had me in a different room than any of the parents. (The invitation said grab an adult and come.) I was collecting orders at the end and the host said she would try to get some more. She only had $80.00 that day. So when I was packing up to leave she told me "this was great I had a free babysitter for the day." When I talked to her a few days later to close the show, she said she decided not to order and didn't end up finding any other orders. So I decided to use the extra orders I had to make it a show and I got the free products. I felt a little guilty not giving the show to her, but decided the babysitting comment was reason enough! I learned my lesson on doing a kids birthday party as a show too.

climbercanoe3 said:
I had a party recently where the host asked me to do a kids b-day party cooking show. So I planned to have the children make little pizzas, decorate cupcakes, make candy necklaces, and play pizza bingo. I had her pick up all the food and I had a plan for the set up. When I got there she had me in a different room than any of the parents. (The invitation said grab an adult and come.) I was collecting orders at the end and the host said she would try to get some more. She only had $80.00 that day. So when I was packing up to leave she told me "this was great I had a free babysitter for the day." When I talked to her a few days later to close the show, she said she decided not to order and didn't end up finding any other orders. So I decided to use the extra orders I had to make it a show and I got the free products. I felt a little guilty not giving the show to her, but decided the babysitting comment was reason enough! I learned my lesson on doing a kids birthday party as a show too.

Oh my... I can't believe she'd say that to your face? Yikes! And then not even place an order or gather more? :eek: I'd say no guilt necessary there...

I recently took two orders from what was supposed to be a friend's show and added it to my open house. She didn't want anything and wasn't willing to put in the time to find more orders so... *shrug*... I did the work, the cooking and even emailed other guests to see if they wanted to order - they didn't... so I don't feel guilty at all by reaping the benefits of the work I put in...

As it turns out - I may be close to $300! Not sure if I'll get there - but if I do, and I am the host, can I use the 1/2 item and the FPV - even though I am a consultant??

Hopefully, one last question: If I (host and consultant) use the 1/2 price item or any of my FPV to purchse a cookware piece - does it go toward my POR points?

And to think I was just going to add on an order to one of these gals shows!

Thanks!

Last edited:
kam said:
As it turns out - I may be close to $300! Not sure if I'll get there - but if I do, and I am the host, can I use the 1/2 item and the FPV - even though I am a consutlant??

Hopefully, one last question: If I (host and consultant) use the 1/2 price item or any of my FPV to purchse a cookware piece - does it go toward my POR points?

And to think I was just going to add on an order to one of these gals shows!

Thanks!

You can use the 1/2 price and the FPV....and yes, it will count towards Panorama! The only things you don't get as a consultant hosting a show are the booking benefit, and commission on anything ordered using the host discount.

Good for You!!!

1. Is it bad of me to use store-bought ingredients in Pampered Chef recipes?

No, it is not bad at all! Pampered Chef recipes are designed to be versatile and can be customized to fit your preferences and needs. Feel free to use store-bought ingredients or substitute with homemade options as desired.

2. Is it bad of me to not host a Pampered Chef party?

No, it is not bad at all! While hosting a Pampered Chef party is a great way to earn rewards and discounts, it is completely optional. You can still purchase products and enjoy cooking with Pampered Chef without hosting a party.

3. Is it bad of me to not own any Pampered Chef products?

No, it is not bad at all! While owning Pampered Chef products can enhance your cooking experience, it is not necessary. You can still enjoy the recipes and tips from Pampered Chef without owning any products.

4. Is it bad of me to sell Pampered Chef products if I am not a great cook?

No, it is not bad at all! Pampered Chef offers training and resources to help you become a better cook and sell their products effectively. Plus, many customers appreciate hearing honest reviews and tips from someone who is not a professional chef.

5. Is it bad of me to return a Pampered Chef product?

No, it is not bad at all! Pampered Chef has a satisfaction guarantee and encourages customers to return products if they are not satisfied. As a consultant, I am happy to assist you with any product returns or exchanges.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • KCPChef
  • General Chat
Replies