• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will I be a Director in 4 days?

In summary, Kristi was not promoted to director because she did not update her program on time. Her consultant submitted the show on time, but PC had no record of it. Kristi took digital photos of the logs to submit to HO for review and was told that anything major that needed to be updated hampered the transmission of the show. Kristi is glad to be a director and is looking forward to her big walk in a few days. She has gotten her upline directors involved and is looking for a new dress.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
Well, Maria from Career Solutions just called and said they reviewed the pictures and they said that my recruit needed to update her PP and if she would have done that, I would've have been a director.
Since she didn't, I won't be until July 1st. I'm bummed but over it now. Of course I wanted the commission but most importantly, I wanted all those spring summer samples!! Oh well.:(

Thank you for everyone who was rooting for me. I WILL be a Director in 4 days though!!!:D

Are you serious?!?!??!!?!
Wow... sorry but... that's depressing. :/

I guess that makes me glad I'm using P3 since it auto updates, but sheesh!!

are you sure you won't still get them? They are still the new products for the current season.

That's a bummer! I'm so sorry all that has happened to you.:( BUT, I'm pretty sure too that you'd still get the spring/summer products, won't you? Part of it depends on what your sales were in March, April, May and June (you'd need $1250 in sales for three of those months).

I promoted Dec. 1st of 2005 and I got that season's fall/winter products for free because I met the sales requirements back then.

Kristi~sorry to hear they won't promote you as of June 1:mad:
But I am so glad you will be a Director! and you still get to walk to the stage at conference:cool: I would call HO again and ask about the new directors package (of products) it doesn't seem fair that you wouldn't get them..

I'd ask one more time too. It is sad to think that because a new consultant isn't computer saavy that it cost you a month of Directorship.

Oh Laura - come out from hiding Miss Technical Committee person and put in a recommendation that the there needs to be more information training provided to new consultants. It isn't easy to find information to get going on the programs...

BTW, I can't believe that they wouldn't make it retroactive... :(

pamperedbecky said:
That's a bummer! I'm so sorry all that has happened to you.:( BUT, I'm pretty sure too that you'd still get the spring/summer products, won't you? Part of it depends on what your sales were in March, April, May and June (you'd need $1250 in sales for three of those months).

I promoted Dec. 1st of 2005 and I got that season's fall/winter products for free because I met the sales requirements back then.

She would have needed to promote as of June 1, not July.

janetupnorth said:
I'd ask one more time too. It is sad to think that because a new consultant isn't computer saavy that it cost you a month of Directorship.

I TOTALLY agree! How would a new consultant KNOW to do that? I'm just glad you're okay with it now...Ms Director in 4 days!

Ginny

I guess I'm really blonde (I'm sure its in another thread)
reviewed pictures? HUH????

Teresa Lynn said:
I guess I'm really blonde (I'm sure its in another thread)
reviewed pictures? HUH????

There was a debate whether her consultant submitted a show on time at the end of the month to qualify and make her Director. She said she submitted it - HO had no record....Kristi took digital photos of the logs to submit to HO for review.

I don't get it... what would updating her program allow her to do? If the show had a date stamp on it and "successful transmission log", what's the deal?
I'd think that anything MAJOR that needed to be updated would hinder the show from being transmitted?

Well, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I know it isn't exactly what you want, but I would be thrilled to be where you are!!!

Have you gotten your upline directors in it? I agree with Laura's assessment - if the log shows the right time stamp and successful submission, there shouldn't be a problem.

I did get my director involved who's a Senior Director and she got Darla Oelmann involved. I called her cell today and got her voice mail (she's on vacation) and told her what Maria said.

I wish they could retro it but I"m over it now. It's just so frustrating!:rolleyes:

I tried attaching one of the pics but it's too big.

Sorry Kristi (and for missing your call, too).

You know that July is your month!!!

Kristi I'm so sorry about how it worked out. I'm surprised PC didn't do it for you. They are normally so nice about things, and it was an honest mistake, especially if it shows that it was successfully submitted. CONGRATULATIONS about being a "real" director (In our eyes you were one on June 1st!) in a few days! Have you bought your new dress for your big walk? :D

Thanks Deb and Alison!! Yes, I have bought my new dress!! I can't wait to wear it!! I'm just stoked to see everything new!!!:D

Who is your NED?

Have you called HO and talked with a supervisor? It is insane that a show would have been allowed to be submitted by PP and then not accepted. I know they don't make exceptions but it WAS submitted within the guidelines. It is not her or your fault that PP allowed a show to go through when the program needed updating. That makes no sense. You may be fine with it but it is not right!

As far as your director package of products is concerned: It doesn't matter what month you promote in. If you met the qualifications of 3 out of 4 given months with $1250 in personal sales you will get the products.

Congratulations! Here's to smooth sailing from here on in!

Kitchen2u said:
I TOTALLY agree! How would a new consultant KNOW to do that? I'm just glad you're okay with it now...Ms Director in 4 days!

Ginny

As a new consultant --- they wouldn't. That's why we have uplines who are training us :cool:

Honestly, I've learned far more on here than I have from my Director. This place has put me way above the learning curve.

Congrats, Kristi! God's timing is perfect ... hey - how is your little guy?

Last edited:
MomToEli said:
As a new consultant --- they wouldn't. That's why we have uplines who are training us :cool:

That's my point exactly. Why is HO reprimanding Kristi? The gal turn in the show...she got the correct time/date stamp...submitted but rejected? Now w\this really doesn't make ANY sense at all. I would ask your SED to get your NSED involved....REALLY...she can investigate this further and maybe get a bette explaination! The reason Maria gave you, doesn't sit well with me. You got your recruit to submit...she did...ON TIME! Nothing against folks in the Solution Center, they're great, but sometime you can call 4-5 different times, get 4-5 different people, and get 4-5 different answers~

Ginny

Kitchen2u said:
That's my point exactly. Why is HO reprimanding Kristi? The gal turn in the show...she got the correct time/date stamp...submitted but rejected? Now w\this really doesn't make ANY sense at all. I would ask your SED to get your NSED involved....REALLY...she can investigate this further and maybe get a bette explaination! The reason Maria gave you, doesn't sit well with me. You got your recruit to submit...she did...ON TIME! Nothing against folks in the Solution Center, they're great, but sometime you can call 4-5 different times, get 4-5 different people, and get 4-5 different answers~

Ginny

It depends, really, on why the show was rejected. For example, if the host (or even one of the guest) CC is declined, that would hold up the show, and it wouldn't count unless the problem was resolved in time. Kristi may have said what the snag was, I don't know. Apparently it had something to do with some element of PP that was updated in the system, but the recruit hadn't logged on to CC to update (guessing her update process is the same as it is for P3).

All I'm saying is that "submitting" the business is only half of the process. "Accepting" is also important according to the guidelines.

I'm sorry this has happened to Kristi, but I think there is a bigger lesson to us all. Just because we aren't aware of the rules, doesn't mean we aren't held accountable to them. Sort of like life ;)

PampMomof3 said:
Well, Maria from Career Solutions just called and said they reviewed the pictures and they said that my recruit needed to update her PP and if she would have done that, I would've have been a director.
Since she didn't, I won't be until July 1st. I'm bummed but over it now. Of course I wanted the commission but most importantly, I wanted all those spring summer samples!! Oh well.:(

Thank you for everyone who was rooting for me. I WILL be a Director in 4 days though!!!:D

As everyone says.... bless and release!!!! But I wanted to tell you that I promoted on July 1 in 2002 and I received all of the spring products! As some one said, as long as you have 1250.00 in 3 of the 4 months, you will get them! So now, just relax and smile..... you ARE A DIRECTOR!!! :D and you WILL BE getting all the spring products! The only way it wouldn't happen is if things have changed and I don't think they have!

Kitchen2u said:

Ginny

First of all, thanks to everyone who has put their 2 cents in.

Sandy, thank you for asking about my son. He is doing MUCH better and we see the surgeon tomorrow to get some silver nitrade put on his neck to heal the wound faster.

If you guys think I should fight more, I will! I have it in me! This is what the log says:
YOU HAVE ATTEMPTED TO TRANSMIT WITH AN OLD VERSION OF PAMPERED PARTNER. PLEASE WAIT WHILE WE UPGRADE YOUR SYSTEM. THIS COULD TAKE 5-30 MINUTES DEPENDING ON YOUR CONNECTION SPEED. ONCE COMPLETED, YOU WILL NEED TO REBALANCE AND SEND YOUR ORDERS TO THE HOME OFFICE.

It shows that she tried. I mean honestly, i have NEVER checked my log before!

MissChef said:
As everyone says.... bless and release!!!! But I wanted to tell you that I promoted on July 1 in 2002 and I received all of the spring products! As some one said, as long as you have 1250.00 in 3 of the 4 months, you will get them! So now, just relax and smile..... you ARE A DIRECTOR!!! :D and you WILL BE getting all the spring products! The only way it wouldn't happen is if things have changed and I don't think they have!

Thanks Cathy!! Let's see, I have turned in over $2k every month this year except for January so I'll keep my fingers crossed and get them!! You've got me all excited like it could still happen.:D

PampMomof3 said:

Sandy, thank you for asking about my son. He is doing MUCH better and we see the surgeon tomorrow to get some silver nitrade put on his neck to heal the wound faster.

If you guys think I should fight more, I will! I have it in me! This is what the log says:
YOU HAVE ATTEMPTED TO TRANSMIT WITH AN OLD VERSION OF PAMPERED PARTNER. PLEASE WAIT WHILE WE UPGRADE YOUR SYSTEM. THIS COULD TAKE 5-30 MINUTES DEPENDING ON YOUR CONNECTION SPEED. ONCE COMPLETED, YOU WILL NEED TO REBALANCE AND SEND YOUR ORDERS TO THE HOME OFFICE.

Glad to hear he is doing better.

The message that appears on the log would have appeared on her screen. Any time my P3 needs to update and I try to submit orders I get a message that tells me it is updating and any new information I was inputting was lost, and if I was transmitting orders they did NOT go through and I need to retransmit once the update is complete. I have to acknowledge the message to clear it from my screen.

Personally, I'd let it go. I seriously doubt you will win this one, and you will get more frustrated in the process.

Remember how busy you were with family the first of last month. This month you will get to celebrate your promotion in the fashion it deserves.

You are a Director in 4 days. Great job with that!

Kristi,

If you do get them, please let me know. If you do receive them, I was left out last year. I promoted July 1 and met the sales requirements. However, I did not receive the packages.

Thanks!
Lisa

The thing about it is she's still using the old PP (like me) so this pop up never came up. The only thing that popped up was that it was successfully submitted.

Lisa,
I'll definitely let you know!

PampMomof3 said:
The thing about it is she's still using the old PP (like me) so this pop up never came up. The only thing that popped up was that it was successfully submitted.

That's what doesn't make sense to me. I wouldn't think it'd be possible for the program to come up with the "successfully sent" window if it was NOT successfully sent. However, if I remember correctly, PP does say at the end of the "successfully sent" box to check your transmission logs to make sure the information was correct.

Still, that's weird.

Sounds like a problem for
Technical Committee Woman!

LOL! :eek:

Kristi! I WOULD CALL and fight this one. Most definitely!!! But that is just me and how I am. I have to stand up for my rights. (Maybe because I'm short-LOL!)

Anyway, really now! On May 31st I submitted one of my consultants shows on my computer using my old Pampered Partner because her internet was down at home. Anyway, it was submitted at about 11:00pm that night and said it was successfully submitted too! I kept looking at the IPT over the next few days to see the sales show up and it never did. My Director got a call from H.O. saying that a duplicate show # was used and P.C. kicked it back. It says successful on the consultant's end but rejected on their end. However we never know about it unless we get an e-mail.

Well, to make a long story short (I know, too late!) I had to get on the phone and e-mail them pleading with them to count it for May and they finally got it taken care of. They did see an attempt was made so they took care of it. I had already had my 5 qualified at that time and she was my 6th but it was the principal of it all. My consultant had reactivated to help me out and I wanted to make sure she wasn't jipped for her hard work.
It could be too late now to change things at H.O. but I would try once more AT LEAST and talk to everyone about it and say it was attempted and as a new consultant she didn't know about updating her system. (If she's new though how come she wasn't using P3 since it comes in the kit?) You shouldn't be penalized!

I hope it all works out but the most important thing is YOU WILL be a DIRECTOR by July 1st NO MATTER WHAT and I'm so EXCITED for you! I can't wait to meet you and we can walk then!!!

Last edited:
PampMomof3 said:
This is what the log says:

Oh, then I can SEE and UNDERSTAND why HO is not accepting it as a submitted show. She attempted, but wasn't successful...bless and release!

Sorry Kristi!

Ginny

Alright, my stomach is sick after reading Sharon's post because I feel like they should have done that for me!!! SO, I have just sent an email to Darla Oelmann, my NED to see what she can do.

I'll keep you updated on my never ending story!!!:rolleyes:

PampMomof3 said:

Oh, well that changes things. The show did not go through so it doesn't count - she should have realized that. So sorry! But July 1 is almost here!!

Related to Will I be a Director in 4 days?

1. Will I still become a Director even though my recruit did not update her PP?

Unfortunately, your recruit's failure to update her PP means that you will not become a Director until July 1st. However, you will still have the opportunity to become a Director in the future.

2. Will I still receive the commission for becoming a Director?

No, the commission for becoming a Director is tied to the date of your promotion. Since you will not be promoted until July 1st, you will not receive the commission for this period.

3. Can I still receive the spring/summer samples even though I won't be a Director until July 1st?

Unfortunately, the spring/summer samples are only available to Directors. As you will not be a Director until July 1st, you will not be able to receive these samples. However, you will have the opportunity to receive them in the future as a Director.

4. Why did my recruit need to update her PP for me to become a Director?

Updating the PP is a requirement for Directors, as it helps ensure that all necessary information is accurate and up-to-date. In this case, if your recruit had updated her PP, you would have been able to become a Director in time.

5. Can I still become a Director in 4 days, even though I won't receive the commission or samples?

Yes, you will still be promoted to Director in 4 days as originally planned. While you may not receive the commission or samples, you will have the opportunity to continue growing and succeeding as a Director in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • fruit76loop
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • ahammons
  • General Chat
Replies