• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Does This Keep Happening????

In summary, 3 people have contacted the expert summarizer with issues with their cooking shows. One person had a broken chopper that needed to be replaced, another person needed a new blade for their mandoline, and the last person had a broken chopper that shipped and the consultant told the guest's host. The expert summarizer is following up on each of these issues and is taking care of them.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Ok, I have only had 3 cooking shows and I've already had 3 people contact me with issues (pretty much one each show)...

1st one: Broken chopper - under warranty - needs replacing - can't remember consultant - has no receipt. (Got it sent back and a new one since it was under warranty)

2nd one: Needs new blade to mandoline...asked to purchase - consultant promised supply form - never followed up... (Easy to solve for her).

3rd one: Broken chopper (in shipping she told my host) - contacted consultant - consultant blew her off...now asking for my help.

I'm definitely following up on each one and taking care of them even though it is work for me outside my shows, but I want customers happy...

Anyone else experience this in their area. Luckily, each of these situations I know the consultants are outside my cluster, but why won't they follow up with their customers???

I guess I shouldn't complain but it seems like a lot for just starting...I'm hoping with taking care of them and giving them a business card magnet for their fridge, :D that I'll get future sales...only can hope.

I've had a few of the same issues. I figure the other consultants have their reasons for not following up with their guests, however, I'm glad to provide excellent customer care for them. I figure they're more likely to remember me when they decide they MUST have a PC whatever.

janetupnorth said:
Ok, I have only had 3 cooking shows and I've already had 3 people contact me with issues (pretty much one each show)...

1st one: Broken chopper - under warranty - needs replacing - can't remember consultant - has no receipt. (Got it sent back and a new one since it was under warranty)

I just recently had a guest give me a Cracked stone that she's had for 2 1/2 years.(not used but once, when it cracked) I of course was Happy to take care of it for her. She had her receipt and it was under warranty. Thank goodness:D Well her receipt showed she had OVER $1000 show. She is interested in booking with me. WooHoo:)
I actually know who that consultant was and the info for her was on the receipt. I don't know why she didn't call her. Well my customer svc and yours will gain us New Biz:D :D

Same thing happened to me. I ran an ad in my local newpaper, I got more calls about people wanting items replaced than I did orders.

Oh well, I did get some calls about people wanting catalogs. So, hopefully I will eventually get some orders.

I've had a run of bad luck as well. It seems to happen in cycles. Everything will be fine for awhile, then for a couple of months EVERYTHING goes wrong.

Since February 4th, I've had to do a product adjustment on 4 broken stones, a tool turnabout that had the bottom spinning mechanism completely missing, a bent blade on food chopper, AND I had a box go completely missing during shipment. It was missing 2 1/2 weeks ago and we still can't locate it.

At my show today, I had a guest bring an outside order that the other person will only place if I can get her a replacement for her broken square baker! I stated, sure, just get me the info off the reciept and I'll get you a reference number and the information for her to do the return :D

Then another guest had an order as well and stated that her friend had a cracked bamboo carving board and would like it replaced. I said the same thing but thank goodness this one has the receipt! So she'll give me the info from her friend I'll do an adjustment online and get a reference number for her but she'll have to mail it back. I can't imagine the shipping $ for a bamboo carving board! :eek: All this on a small show!

Then I come home to an email from someone who bought a prof covered skillet last year that's 'sticking' and another email from a customer who bought the corer at a show a few weeks ago and hates it! Says her old one was sturdier and actually went through the apple but this one has to be pounded numerous times and her kids can't do it at all. I just spoke with her and she's going to return it for the wedger and give that a try. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Off to cook dinner (and since it's been that kind of day - no more email or picking up the phone until tomorrow LOL)

I've had this as well. I think the most shocking was a guest who's previous consultant told her she couldn't replace a broken stone!!! She had it all of 2 months - never used it and it was broken in a move. The consultant basically told her she was SOL.

I guess when it rains it pours...what bugs me is that their previous consultants seem to be just "ignoring" their problems...

Winnipegk said:
I've had this as well. I think the most shocking was a guest who's previous consultant told her she couldn't replace a broken stone!!! She had it all of 2 months - never used it and it was broken in a move. The consultant basically told her she was SOL.

See, that is what bugs me. It makes the rest of us and the company look bad if all they want to do is sell yet not take care of their customers. Or sell and not tell the truth about warranties, etc. ...guess we know where all those "lifetime guarantee" rumors come from...

I wish everyone would be responsible to learn what their job is and read the policies and procedures and get training. I read all I could before my first show, and if I don't know, I tell them let me find out for you and get back to you right away.

Sad
janetupnorth said:

2nd one: Needs new blade to mandoline...asked to purchase - consultant promised supply form - never followed up... (Easy to solve for her).

3rd one: Broken chopper (in shipping she told my host) - contacted consultant - consultant blew her off...now asking for my help.

I'm definitely following up on each one and taking care of them even though it is work for me outside my shows, but I want customers happy...

Anyone else experience this in their area. Luckily, each of these situations I know the consultants are outside my cluster, but why won't they follow up with their customers???

I guess I shouldn't complain but it seems like a lot for just starting...I'm hoping with taking care of them and giving them a business card magnet for their fridge, :D that I'll get future sales...only can hope.

It's really sad that this happens Janet. I have had the same thing happened to me too. It seems that many consultants don't take people serious if they aren't booking shows or placing large orders. As if it would be a hassle to do something for nothing. :eek:
Unfortunately that seems to be the case for some consultants. It actually works in our favor and people hopefully, are able to see that these are our individual businesses and should not reflect on PC or ALL consultants.
I never make excuses for other consultants. I apologize and tell the customer I would be happy to help them. In the end it gives me a loyal customer and a potential host!

So thank you to those who don't follow up!! :p

Debbie :D

janetupnorth said:
See, that is what bugs me. It makes the rest of us and the company look bad if all they want to do is sell yet not take care of their customers. Or sell and not tell the truth about warranties, etc. ...guess we know where all those "lifetime guarantee" rumors come from...

I wish everyone would be responsible to learn what their job is and read the policies and procedures and get training. I read all I could before my first show, and if I don't know, I tell them let me find out for you and get back to you right away.

It would be great if everyone took this job seriously and presented themselves in a professional manner. Unfortunately, it doesn't always happen. The good thing is that we are seen as AMAZING in comparison.

I have a friend who once told me, "It's kind of a shame that you're getting all kinds of recognition for just doing your job." It wasn't in relation to PC. He was commenting on the sad state of the work ethic in today's world. It definitely applies, though. He's right, but I'll be glad to be of service to anyone who needs some really good customer care.

Although this is probably the exception rather than the norm, I have had a situation where a new customer was complaining about their previous consultant not helping them with a return issue. It turned out that the customer wasn't happy about having to return the product themselves, and was trying to find someone who would do it for them.

So, the consultant WAS doing her job, just not to the satisfaction of the customer. At this point in my business, I only handle returns for customers if it's within the 30 days or if I have done something wrong (like delayed getting the return in and missed the 30 day deadline). I like not having to handle returns. It got expensive mailing things back for all my customers!

I do, of course, facilitate returns, like getting a reference number, etc. I don't believe I have lost customers, because I make it clear from the beginning what HO's policy is.

My mother bought a stone last summer before I became a consultant and it cracked not to long ago. My father, being newly retired, and wanting to help out while Mom was at work, threw it out in the garbage!! I am thinking that I can't do anything to help her out at this point. Am I wrong? I hope so!!

Sheryl

I know what you mean about customers that have broken items that want them replaced but yet don't want to spend money on returning them. I had a customer who bought some products from another consultant who told me what she had broken, didn't have the time to look for her receipt, couldn't call HO and wanted me to do it all and pay. Now I know why she hasn't gone back to the other consultant. I told her that I would help her get it resolved but she also needed to play a part. When the stoneware was on sale I called her to find out if she needed more, had her stone replaced etc and she said never mind they break all of the time so I am giving up.

If she had bought from me I would have done as much as possible with setting up the adjustment and giving her the reference number and sheet to send it back.

Lots of customers for many reasons don't go back to their consultant and for those that I can help I do gladly and sometimes it does pay as they come back to order or have a show.

SnowChef said:
My mother bought a stone last summer before I became a consultant and it cracked not to long ago. My father, being newly retired, and wanting to help out while Mom was at work, threw it out in the garbage!! I am thinking that I can't do anything to help her out at this point. Am I wrong? I hope so!!

Sheryl

You can try but HO usually asks for a small piece returned to do the adjustment.

Thanks Harriet, I will give them a call this week. I guess it can't hurt to try! I just feel bad for her because it was her first piece of stoneware. But if it doesn't work she has a Birthday coming up this month!

Sheryl

Oh, I forgot to mention my 4th situation...

A lady at my daughter's school - happen to work with her husband....gave her consultant her broken chopper and medium scoop (consultant promised to return it for her for a new one). She hasn't seen anything for 2 years...she hasn't bought anything since then.

For her, I politely explained PC's policy (...and that the consultants aren't supposed to accept merchandise for this very reason). The consultant could have facilitated the warranty return and everything would have shipped to the person's address and she (the customer) would have shipped it to HO.

1. Why does my food burn in the Pampered Chef Stoneware?

The most common reason for food burning in the Pampered Chef Stoneware is due to the high heat retention of the stoneware. We recommend reducing the oven temperature by 25 degrees and monitoring the food closely to prevent burning.

2. Why does my Pampered Chef knife lose its sharpness quickly?

The sharpness of a knife depends on the frequency of use and the type of food being cut. We recommend using a honing tool before each use and sharpening the knife regularly to maintain its sharpness. Avoid cutting on hard surfaces like glass or ceramic, as this can also dull the blade.

3. Why does my Pampered Chef non-stick pan start to stick after a few uses?

Non-stick pans can lose their effectiveness over time due to the buildup of oils and food particles. To prevent this, make sure to clean the pan thoroughly after each use and avoid using metal utensils that can scratch the non-stick surface.

4. Why do my Pampered Chef measuring cups and spoons get stained and discolored?

Certain foods, such as tomato-based sauces and spices, can cause staining on plastic measuring cups and spoons. To prevent this, we recommend hand-washing these items with warm, soapy water immediately after use. If staining occurs, soaking the items in a mixture of baking soda and water can help remove the discoloration.

5. Why does my Pampered Chef stoneware have a strange odor after use?

This can happen if the stoneware is not properly seasoned or if food particles have become trapped in the pores of the stoneware. To remove any odors, we recommend soaking the stoneware in a mixture of baking soda and water and then scrubbing with a non-abrasive sponge. After use, make sure to properly clean and dry the stoneware before storing it to prevent any future odors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mommy2amo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • emiscookin
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
emiscookin
  • cheflorraine