• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Do They Not Call/E-Mail Me Back?!?!?!

In summary, Jen's team failed to meet their monthly sales goal, and she was frustrated because she was unsure of what was going on. She was also frustrated because she was unable to contact her team members.
imported_iteachurkid
I'm so frustrated I can't see straight right now. I had three girls who consistently submit shows who didn't in July. Not a big deal, it was the summer. We ended up not hitting $4000 as a team in July (for the first time ever) so it was my first month of the big r. We'll I have called and e-mailed these three gals, trying to get in touch with them, find out what they had going on. No one calls back, no one e-mails back...I had honestly decided they were going inactive...I didn't know what was going on. Now, I know I shouldn't be upset, b/c I got on tonight and all three of them submitted a small show...YAY!!! The frustrating part...unless there is a show caught up somewhere (which I kind of doubt), our team sales are $3920.18 for August. Yep, less than $80 away from $4000. I could have found $80 worth of stuff to purchase to make $120. I guess what bothers me is if they had communicated and told me what they had, then I would have known to submit the extra $80. Why do people not get how important communication is?!?!?! Oh well, nothing I can do about it now. I just really needed to vent and you guys are great listeners.

Hey Jennifer, I think my team is related to yours! Only difference is that they didn't surprise me by submitting something (at least it's not showing up yet)

Sorry that happened to you. It certainly can be frustrating.

I think yours don't return calls for the same reason that mine don't.
:::scratching head::::: Now if only I could figure out what that reason is!!!

FLATLINE_________________________________________________________________Time for a NEW TEAM!!

Ummm If we knew the actual reason for the lack of communication we would all be rich! I have had consultants on my team that I have only spoken to one time, never an email, never a return call. I wouldn't know them if I was in line next to then at the store. Go figure, some people!

I'm sorry and completely understand your frustration.

It's still early and I'm drinking my coffee but I went to that Amy Neal training and I know she said something about not returning calls. Let me think and I'll post it. Tiffany, do you remember right off hand?

I have sent an email to my team that explains why I email or call them and how important it is that I know where our team stands on sales and recruiting...........they have gotten better about telling me since I did this.

I'm so sorry that this happened to you, Jen.

I personally do not rely on anyone but myself. I know that perhaps that is not the way to do it, but at least I am not disappointed when things don't pan out...if I don't make $4000 in sales every month, it's me who didn't make my goal (I have a personal sales goal of $4k per month and have only missed that goal a few times).

If I don't have 5 active, it's my fault....I have a goal of having 1 recruit a month (and if I do that and have 1 a month go inactive, I still have at least 5).

I know that it's a little strange, and maybe not the way that I should be thinking, but I figure if I do it all myself, the extra that my recruit's do is an additional bonus.

Again, though, sorry that this happened and keep your eye on your goals. And if you can't change your people, CHANGE YOUR PEOPLE! ;)

The reality is, as directors, we have higher expectations of our businesses than others do. And unless, like Kate's, they are on track with their businesses and want to promote, it might just not be a priority. We have to remember that everyone else has lives outside of PC too... but at stressful times that's really hard to remember.

People get into businesses like ours because they don't want to have a boss. And even though we are doing our job, it might come across to them as micromanaging with all of the phone calls and e-mails. It is what it is.

Janice is right... and the advice my director gives is that we (as directors) should personally be doing $2500 a month. (I did a whoppin $800 in August!). So it doesn't always happen. We can only do what we can do.

And I can relate... I was in my 3rd month of "R" two summers ago and explained to my team at the meeting that unless we, as a group, stepped up and did the $4k, I would not be a their director any longer... I was so sure they would rally and get pumped up to save our little family! What do you think their response was? "That's too bad..." No matter what I did to make it about "them" and about "us" as a TEAM, they couldn't have cared less. Now I know that no matter what, I can't and shouldn't rely on them for sales. Again, it is what it is.

Sorry I don't have more encouraging words for you... I've been there and know and feel your frustrations... ;)

I really like Meg's idea. I don't think I've ever really shared with my team how important it is to communicate about their business. At NDA they stressed using the Cluster Calendar to monitor and track team bookings.

My philosophy is similar to yours Janice. I try to do 4K myself (though I fell a couple hundred shy this month.) As for adding a team member per month, I had a real epiphany at NDA a couple weeks ago.

Doreen Grass stopped by my table during a small group activity and, in the course of conversation, casually mentioned that we should expect a recruit from every show. (Our table fell into stunned silence!) She then went on to explain it this way: Studies show that 47% of Americans have thought about having their own business. If you average 10 people at a show, at least one should be interested enough to meet and talk about the business opportunity. If you do 8 shows a month, that's 80 people.

The following Monday, I had a host coaching from a booking I'd received at a show the thursday before. Long story short, I ended up signing my future host's daughter. I also had a catalog show that week, whose host ended up signing. I did a show on Wednesday (a bit of a disaster in terms of organization), but I did identify a potential lead. Doreen's comments made me realize the interest is there; we just have to tap into it. My mindset on this has totally changed. I have four shows this week, and I am going in with the goal of one interview per show. (Excited on one level; petrified on another.)

legacypc46 said:
At NDA they stressed using the Cluster Calendar to monitor and track team bookings.

No matter what I did, I could never get them to fill in the cluster calendar. They felt (and some actually said) that is was too micromanaging in their opnion.

What did work for me though, was to fill it in myself. On calls with them, all I would say was, "When's your next show?" And they would respond with their entire show schedule. Go figure!

legacypc46 said:
I really like Meg's idea. I don't think I've ever really shared with my team how important it is to communicate about their business. At NDA they stressed using the Cluster Calendar to monitor and track team bookings.

My philosophy is similar to yours Janice. I try to do 4K myself (though I fell a couple hundred shy this month.) As for adding a team member per month, I had a real epiphany at NDA a couple weeks ago.

Doreen Grass stopped by my table during a small group activity and, in the course of conversation, casually mentioned that we should expect a recruit from every show. (Our table fell into stunned silence!) She then went on to explain it this way: Studies show that 47% of Americans have thought about having their own business. If you average 10 people at a show, at least one should be interested enough to meet and talk about the business opportunity. If you do 8 shows a month, that's 80 people.

The following Monday, I had a host coaching from a booking I'd received at a show the thursday before. Long story short, I ended up signing my future host's daughter. I also had a catalog show that week, whose host ended up signing. I did a show on Wednesday (a bit of a disaster in terms of organization), but I did identify a potential lead. Doreen's comments made me realize the interest is there; we just have to tap into it. My mindset on this has totally changed. I have four shows this week, and I am going in with the goal of one interview per show. (Excited on one level; petrified on another.)

Kris, what are some things that you are doing differently at your shows to not only target, but set recruiting interviews with these interested people? I know that sounds a little basic, but I could use the help. Thanks!

chefmeg said:
I have sent an email to my team that explains why I email or call them and how important it is that I know where our team stands on sales and recruiting...........they have gotten better about telling me since I did this.

Do you happen to have a copy of that emai lyou could share? My team is so non-communicative it drives me batty!

I was listening to a Sue Rusch "Leadership" course and she said something that hit me over the head like a brick....

Everyone who joins this business (who is not a Kit-Stealer) wants SOME form of success....so why do we set them up for failure by telling them "whatever you want to do is fine", "you can do a couple shows a month if that is all that fits into your schedule", "you only have to do $200 every other month to stay active"....

OMG! I have said those things....OMG!!!! What am I doing for them? I am not giving them the opportunity to be successful!

What a revelation! :eek:

jwpamp said:
I was listening to a Sue Rusch "Leadership" course and she said something that hit me over the head like a brick....

Everyone who joins this business (who is not a Kit-Stealer) wants SOME form of success....so why do we set them up for failure by telling them "whatever you want to do is fine", "you can do a couple shows a month if that is all that fits into your schedule", "you only have to do $200 every other month to stay active"....

OMG! I have said those things....OMG!!!! What am I doing for them? I am not giving them the opportunity to be successful!

What a revelation! :eek:

So what do you say now Janet?

I tell them that since I know that they want this to be a profitable business, they have to allow at least 4-8 hours/week to work it (that is 1 hour a day). They surely understand that any other business would require them to work 10 times that....and we have a unique opportunity in that there is a huge company supporting us. The Pampered Chef runs the advertising, has the great name behind it and takes in all of the potential losses (returns, exchanges, credit card fees) that any other business would generate.

To have any sort of profitability in this business, 1-2 shows per week is necessary. If you don't have the ambition to do ONE show a week, you probably don't have what it takes to own and run your own business.

Oh, I could go on and on, but you get the picture.

Build the desire, set the bar, that is the bottom line.

finley1991 said:
No matter what I did, I could never get them to fill in the cluster calendar. They felt (and some actually said) that is was too micromanaging in their opnion.

What did work for me though, was to fill it in myself. On calls with them, all I would say was, "When's your next show?" And they would respond with their entire show schedule. Go figure!

I know I hated filling it out when I was a consultant...for the same reasons. I'm doing what you're doing Colleen. I just ask what they have coming up and fill it in myself.

Chef Kearns said:
Kris, what are some things that you are doing differently at your shows to not only target, but set recruiting interviews with these interested people? I know that sounds a little basic, but I could use the help. Thanks!

I think it's my mindset that is changing. If the surveys are right, then about half the folks at each show are candidates. They are already interested in having a business. I think before, I just kind of assumed the interest wasn't there (though I tried to offer the business to everyone). In both cases last week, I listened better and was more genuine in my offer. I am also starting to use some of Carolyn's comments about not knowing who has what needs (i.e. dropping off children at daycare, etc).

I wish I could share something more concrete. I'm not even sure that I am going to sustain, but my mindset is different. If the stats say the interest in self-employment is there, then I want to tap into it! (By the way, I have a lot of friends who are small business owners...but the brick and mortor kind. They work long hours and put a lot of sweat equity and personal finances into their businesses. I think that is what holds a lot of folks back from taking the self-employment plunge. The Pampered Chef offer a unique way to have one's own business without all that.)

I do Booking Bingo in order to get the Cluster Calendar filled out. In fact, I've started doing two months at a time. For example, at last month's meeting I had them fill out August live shows for Booking Bingo. I had a second calendar there for September where they put an X for each live show they already had booked and an O for dates they want to work. The person with the most live shows booked in September (at the cluster meeting) got a small prize from me.

i feel your frustration ((Hugs))
I try to meet the 4k personally like a few of the others..than when my team submits its a bonus...I have 2 consultants that are pretty consistent with at least 1,000 or more a month but I know the minute I count on that it won't be there.

The not returning calls/emails is annoying...but I don't know what else to do. I have taken advice from others here..
My biggest frustration..today I FINALLY got in touch with my 2nd newest recruit..her 30 days is up today..and she didn't reach $1,000 in sales which I was not shocked to hear but now that is my 2nd recruit who didn't reach it and $200 I now missed out on...but other than go to their home and drag them to a show and insist they do it...I tried contacting them every way possible...today she told me she wasn't concerned about getting the $77.50 refund :( sigh....

As promised!

These notes are from Chris Kilby!

Attachments

• Amy Neal Director Training August 28.doc
    40.5 KB · Views: 269
    40.5 KB · Views: 273
    40.5 KB · Views: 281
    40.5 KB · Views: 285
Thanks so much Kristi (and to everyone). School started back for me last Tuesday so I haven't been on near as much as I would like (I think last night was my first time in like 4 or 5 days). I really appreciate all of your encouraging words. We have our meeting tomorrow night (which I'm totally not prepared for, but that's a whole other post), and I'm going to stress the importance of them sharing with me what is going on in their businesses. I wish I could do the 4000 myself, and I've done it before, but with teaching, I just haven't done it consistently. I know we'll hit it this month, so I'm not too worried. Thanks again for the encouragment and support. You guys are the best group of online friends a gal could have :) :)

1. Why haven't I received a call or email back after submitting my order?

Our customer service team strives to respond to all inquiries as quickly as possible. If you have not heard back from us, it is possible that your contact information was entered incorrectly or there was an issue with your order. Please reach out to us again with the correct information and we will be happy to assist you.

2. How long does it usually take to receive a response?

We typically respond to inquiries within 24-48 hours. However, during peak seasons or high volume times, it may take slightly longer. Rest assured that we are working diligently to get back to you as soon as possible.

3. Is there a specific time frame for when I can expect a call or email back?

We do not have a specific time frame for when you will receive a response. Our team works hard to respond to all inquiries as quickly as possible, but response times may vary depending on the volume of inquiries we receive.

4. Can I contact someone directly to follow up on my inquiry?

Yes, you can contact our customer service team directly by phone or email to follow up on your inquiry. Please have your order number and any relevant information ready so we can assist you more efficiently.

5. What should I do if I still haven't received a response after several days?

If it has been several days and you have not received a response, please reach out to us again. It is possible that your inquiry may have been overlooked or lost. We apologize for any inconvenience and will do our best to assist you as quickly as possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cmdtrgd
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Mel5497
  • kcjodih
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • kcjodih