• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Did You Start Your Pampered Chef Business??

In summary, Chef Burke started the PC business because she was a newbie and she wanted to earn free products and money. She is making a lot of money and is enjoying the time away from her family.
ChefBurke
Silver Member

I just wanted to get on here & see the different reasons why people started the PC business. I will start!
Ok well I am a newbee(signed when my daughter was 6weeks old & is now 5months!) I actually wanted to host a show & started talking to the consultant-now my director about her career & decided i wanted info & wanted to try!!! Well a few months later here i am! I am a young(21) single mother no dad in sight(i know his loss!)-moved back to my mothers to save $$,I am doing PC to be able to contribute $$ towards anything my daughter will ever need.Since I had my daughter at a young age & didnt get to go to college I am hoping with Gods blessing & hard work on my part that i can make PC a lifechanging career for me & to someday make my daughter proud! I am hoping to someday have money for our own home & not have to struggle day to day. With me being young i rarely finished things i started or could find something i was passionate about-so far just my daughter-but i love PC & believe that if i try hard i can rise about my financial difficulty! Only problem now is trying to come up with the $$ to get new fall products to show & promote fall bookings :eek:( well i will keep trying! I am soo blessed to have found this website & PC!!!

That's awesome!! I'm so glad you found PC too! You've got a great drive it sounds like and you'll go far. My suggestions are to go to cluster meetings as much as you can (I know it's hard with a young baby), soak up as much info as you can (teleclasses, training resources, etc) and keep on plugging along even if you have a tough month. How's it going so far?

I started initially to have a break out of the house when my son was 15 months old. He's now 4 1/2! And I have an almost 2 year old daughter. I really wasn't interested in earning lots of money, but I also got hooked on earning free products and started to see the income potential pretty quickly. Now some of my commission checks can pay our mortgage and I'm making 4-5 times as much as we budgeted for me from my PC business! You really CAN take this far! Good luck!!

I signed up for two reasons.
#1 My husband and I are in the middle of a divorce and he kept the house. So with The Pampered Chef not only an I making some extra money, I'm restocking my kitchen with FREE and discounted products.

#2 I HATE to cook! Seriously! My 4 year old daughter on the other hand LOVES to help in the kitchen. So what better way to learn than with The Pampered Chef. I'm learning some great recipies and having fun practicing them with my daughter.

Initially I started for some extra spending $$$ of my own. I am a SAHM of two girls. I also liked the cooking aspect of TPC. But now after 9 months it's more than an extra paycheck...
I love the time away from home, time for myself! Love the personal growth I have gone through (I was deathly afraid of public speaking) now I really don't mind getting up to do my demo-presentations. And professionally I am growing as well meeting new challenges and getting through goals I set for myself . So really I love everything TPC has given me so far!

I am finding it a bit difficult to keep track of my commissions i'm making..i heard if you get your check sent to you via mail they charge you like $2 for printing.. I just desperetly need to get organized it seems with all the babystuff & everything the house is pretty crazy-& with me living back at my moms & having to use the already crowded computer room as an office..it gets difficult.Since i'm young i never really learned how to be organized money wize & i REALLY need to! When it comes to keeping track of money earnings & spending as well as balancing $$.any oragnization adive would be VERY appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS! Love yall fellow cheffers!

ChefBurke- sign up for direct deposit right away if you can. It make payday go so smoothly. On CC find the link to commission statements on the home page. It will have a record of everything you have been paid so far.

Why I am joining...In no particular order: We could really use the extra money, I'm a kitchen gadget freak (just ask my husband and kids...LOL), love the parties and products, and love the idea of being around ADULTS for a change (somewhere OTHER than Tae Kwon Do)! LOL

My kids are a little older (almost 15, almost 13, and 8.5), so they love helping out with all of the new recipes we've been trying (especially with the eating part...LOL) and playing with my new "toys."

I can honestly say I don't know what really got me to sign up with PC, just that I am passionate about the products. And that's what did it BOTH times I signed up ;) I was a consultant several years ago and didn't do well with it, havinga very NONsupportive husband :rolleyes: Well, I left him and couldn't keep the business going... I just signed back up a year ago after debating with myself for several months!!! My boyfriend finally said JUST DO IT! You don't have anything to lose :) Gotta love that, huh? So I signed up and made every SS. I slacked off quite a bit after that, but June was huge for me. I took July off and now I'm ready for fall to get ROLLING!!!!!!! I LOVE Pampered Chef!!!!

I am a SAHM of 4. I decided to join TPC to get away from my daily recording. I like the idea that my hubby gets to make a recording of his own several times a month. What is my recording? Well let me share a bit of it with you....."Andrea, turn that music down and get off the phone! Gary, stop yelling and quit chasing the girls around the house. Jenni put your clothes back on, you may not run around the house naked. Jessi get off of the changing table before you fall and break your neck. Andrea mom asked you to turn that music down, but thank you for getting off the phone. Gary please lower your voice! Jenni don't pull Jessi's hair, it hurts her. Jessi you can't bite Jenni because she pulled your hair.....and so on and so on!"This is my story and my guests get to hear it with more enthusiasm I assure you!I too am new to the business and I am loving every minute of it. This website certainly helps tremendously! Thank you all!

Susie:D
susiescookingcorner said:
"Andrea, turn that music down and get off the phone! Gary, stop yelling and quit chasing the girls around the house. Jenni put your clothes back on, you may not run around the house naked. Jessi get off of the changing table before you fall and break your neck. Andrea mom asked you to turn that music down, but thank you for getting off the phone. Gary please lower your voice! Jenni don't pull Jessi's hair, it hurts her. Jessi you can't bite Jenni because she pulled your hair.....and so on and so on!"

ROTFLOL

Glad it's not just at MY house with MY kids! :D

I'm the total opposite of all of you! I am 45 and my girls had all left for college! I was going thru major empty-nest syndrome! I was at a party and my daughter happened to be home and there with me. She elbowed me and said "Mom you need to do this - you love to cook!" So I ask the consultant (now my director and friend)...took the info home and signed on the next day! It was the best thing I ever did! Now my kitchen is fully stocked and my daughter is married and pregnant and has a nearly fully stocked kitchen of her own! She is glad I did it too!

I started because I needed something that would let me stay home with my 3-year-old and be home for my twin boys during the summer and when they get home from school every day. I was working part-time, 20 hours a week, making pretty lousy pay, still having to pay for a lot of daycare...etc. Got laid off from that in May and went to a PC show the following week. Hadn't been to one in YEARS. It was a couples show and my hubby was really pushing me to sign up again - so I did!

(I did PC several years ago when my twins were toddlers, but I got very burnt out and I was too shy to ask for bookings and talk about recruiting.)

Anyway, I did over $2800 in sales during my first month (July) and made about 75% of my old income. When you take daycare and "work expenses" into account I at least broke even - and I only did 6 shows!

1. Why did you choose to start your Pampered Chef business?

I chose to start my Pampered Chef business because I have always been passionate about cooking and using high-quality kitchen tools. I also wanted to have a flexible schedule and the opportunity to earn extra income.

2. What motivated you to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

I was motivated to become a Pampered Chef consultant because I wanted to share my love for cooking with others while also having the chance to connect with people and build relationships. The company's mission to bring families together through cooking also resonated with me.

3. How has being a Pampered Chef consultant impacted your life?

Becoming a Pampered Chef consultant has positively impacted my life in many ways. Not only have I been able to improve my cooking skills and expand my knowledge of kitchen tools, but I have also gained confidence in myself and my abilities. It has also allowed me to meet new people and be a part of a supportive community.

4. Can anyone become a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, anyone can become a Pampered Chef consultant! It doesn't matter your background or experience in cooking or sales. The company provides training and support to help you succeed, so all you need is a passion for cooking and a drive to succeed.

5. What is your favorite thing about being a Pampered Chef consultant?

My favorite thing about being a Pampered Chef consultant is the flexibility it offers. I can work my business around my schedule and have the freedom to prioritize my family and other commitments. I also love being able to share my favorite kitchen tools and recipes with others and see the joy it brings to their lives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Alicia Denman
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
texaschef1
  • dewequine
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • kristine2011