• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Can't I Seem to Pack for My Trip?

In summary, Carolyn is trying to decide whether to pack her larger or smaller suitcase for her upcoming trip. She reads a summary of other people's experiences and decides to pack her smaller suitcase. She is also trying to decide whether to check her luggage or carry it on.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I am procrastinating. I am usually SO good at getting organized and packed for a trip weeks in advance.
But for whatever reason I have been staring at my empty suitcase for DAYS.
I cannot decide whether to pack the smaller roll-aboard or the larger one. DH is discouraging me from the larger one saying I will overpack and overshop and end up paying for an over-heavy suitcase on the way home - LOL
I also have my wheely-backpack that I will use as my carry-on.
Why am I havnig such a hard time getting going on the packing!?>!?!?!?

Because you're too excited to go?

I need to dig out my suitcase and start packing. The dressy outfit I wore for the banquet at Leadership is still in it (d'oh!)

Go with the smaller bag. Airlines are getting stricter about weight restrictions and you'll certainly go over with a big bag.

Carolyn - I will be packing at 8 p.m. the night before for myself and the kids for a 5 day trip. Don't feel bad - you still have some time.

Go with Debbie's suggestion and if you have a larger should bag or something, pack that inside. You can always fill it up for the ride home. (flight in your case)

I learned the lesson the hard way last year I packed to big of a suitcase and pay overage fees going and coming back.... I bought a smaller suitcase this year!! LOL

Pack a smaller suitcase in a medium sized one and you'll have the opportunity to expand if you need, but will have a hard time going over the weight limit....unless you purchase 20 packs of mini catalogs....

Which you can put in your Surprise box and send home!!!:p

I just got some really cute outfits for conference, but haven't started packing yet. I should've followed Rae's tips & pulled the suitcase out already. Ok - off the computer & going to do that now!! :)

When hubby and i went to London for spring break, we took 3 suitcases, between us, and put an empty duffle in one of them. Coming home, we put all our dirty clothes in the duffle and our trinkets and such that we bought in one of the other suitcases. It worked out well. I think it's always easier to have an extra piece coming home than going. Just my two cents!

I plan on taking a suitcase and putting the duffle inside for conference. I tend to overpack anyway and i'm going to desperately try to pack just what I need. It was funny...the night before we left for london, we were weighing our bags on the digital bathroom scale to check for weight, and then making adjustments! I'll probably be doing exactly the same thing for conference!!!

Does anyone know the diminsions for the carry on bag? We are trying to get out of checking our bags. It has been awhile since I have flown, but it seems like we can carry on 1 suitcase, 1 other bag...tote or laptop bag...and your purse. Is that still correct?

Most airlines are one carry on plus purse or briefcase. That's it. 2 pieces total. And if you carry everything on, you have to deal with the 3 ounce rule for all your liquid/gel toiletries (each must be in a 3 oz or smaller LABELED container, and all must fit into a single 1 qt. zip-top bag).

Shawnna said:
Does anyone know the diminsions for the carry on bag? We are trying to get out of checking our bags. It has been awhile since I have flown, but it seems like we can carry on 1 suitcase, 1 other bag...tote or laptop bag...and your purse. Is that still correct?

Go to the website of the airline that your flying and they should have a description of what they considered to be the right size for a carry on bag.

I am not going to conference too new and no money but I flew into Chicago around the first of the month. If you havent flew in awhile I would check out the regulations and rules. 50lbs on the suitcase. Carry ons like ann said nothing over 3 oz. It seemed secruity has really tightened down. So make sure you allow enough time to check in your baggage and get through secruity. Hope this helps everyone going to conference. Have fun hope to see some of you there next year!!!!!

Related to Why Can't I Seem to Pack for My Trip?

What is "Staring at an Empty Suitcase"?

"Staring at an Empty Suitcase" is a fun and interactive game that challenges players to pack a virtual suitcase with essential items for a trip. It is designed to improve time management and decision-making skills while packing for a vacation.

How does the game work?

The game presents players with a list of items that they must pack into a virtual suitcase within a specific time limit. The items are categorized into different sections, such as clothing, toiletries, and accessories, and players must strategically choose which items to pack based on their importance and space in the suitcase.

What are the benefits of playing "Staring at an Empty Suitcase"?

Aside from being a fun and challenging game, "Staring at an Empty Suitcase" also helps players improve their decision-making and time management skills. It can also be a great way to practice packing efficiently for a real-life trip.

Can I play "Staring at an Empty Suitcase" on my phone?

Yes, "Staring at an Empty Suitcase" is available for both iOS and Android devices. You can download it for free from the App Store or Google Play Store.

Is there a multiplayer option for "Staring at an Empty Suitcase"?

Yes, the game has a multiplayer mode where you can challenge your friends or family to see who can pack the suitcase the fastest and most efficiently. It can be a fun and competitive way to improve your packing skills together.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jean DeVries
  • dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies