• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Will Be Part of Wave 2? Excited for These Compact Travel Essentials!

Wave 2 for me! I just got my round trip airfare for $52!!!!! which included priority seating!!! I would love to earn free or discounted registration, but I only have 3 shows booked for March so far, and not sure if they will stick. Shawna, are your clustermates flying from Greensboro? Who is your director/advanced director?That may be where they are flying from, I know it was an airline I've never heard of. My director is Nikki Crafton (just promoted in Dec.) advanced Director is Kim Gantt.I just booked, and DH Is coming too (hopefully he can get leave from the army)!! We will be
Can't wait! Problem- I joined the gym and am doing the "Biggest Loser". May 20 I will find out if I'm one of the final 6 who will go on for 8 more weeks, for one last weigh in on July 15. My second day of conference! I'm going to see if I can weigh in early and still qualify. The payout on the last "Biggest Loser" was $1500.

Count me in. I am watching ticket prices right now. The best I have seen is around $400. I want to earn conference registration for FREE and walk at conference.

Can't wait to meet some of you!

How much is conference registation? Anyone know?

It's $200 plus if you want a HO tour I think it's another $25Submitt $2500 between March 16th & April 14th and you get it half off. Recruit in that time period and they qualify in there first 30 days you get conference for free.

pamperedalf said:
It's $200 plus if you want a HO tour I think it's another $25

Submitt $2500 between March 16th & April 14th and you get it half off. Recruit in that time period and they qualify in there first 30 days you get conference for free.
You have to do the $2500 in sales and recruit one that qualifies in their first 30 days to get conference free. I just wanted to make sure that was clear.:angel:

I am hoping on coming too... I wish the ticket prices will drop i am looking at 550.00 which is horrible after reading some people got tickets for 52.00 but i am sure they are alot closer lol coming from idaho so of course they going to jack the prices lol I can't wait to go i went for the 1st time after signed up in may and it was amazing and totally changed my PC business. So i totally cant wait for this year.

Wave 2 Of ConferenceI AM GOING !!!! CAN'T WAIT UNTIL NEXT TUESDAY TO REGISTER. I WONDER HOW THE CLASSES ARE GOING TO BE. I'VE GONE EVERY YEAR SINCE I STARTED, 8 YEARS NOW!!!:chef:

I'm with you Christina. I'm Cali and tix are expensive as well. I may even be flying the kids with me to upstate NY to my mom's to watch while I'm at conference so its even more expensive. Hubby can't watch the kids due to his schedule.

jbachen said:
Ooh, I was just thinking of asking these questions myself... I was wondering if it might be cheaper to fly in super early Monday morning, but was wondering how much I would miss...

Also, how do the SAHM's swing this?? I am thinking maybe, just maybe, with my kids' birthday the Sunday before, that my MIL will come for their party and stay a few days so I can come to Conference. But right now I haven't even talked to DH about it yet... I have just been tossing the idea around in my head. Cross your fingers for me!!
DH is taking that whole week off. He will stay with the boys and then we will have a couple of days together at the end of the week. It should be a great week for me!

What is the name of the airport that we fly into?

There's either Midway Airport or O'Hare....(I think the second is right). We always fly into Midway.
I'm so lucky that conference is during my mom's days off again; my girls will have fun at grandma's house since dh has to work!

O'Hare is the major airport in Chicago. It may be a little cheaper if you can take a secondary airport.

Airfare for $52.00
ameliasurf said:
where did you get tickets for $52?

SKYBUS!!!!! Flying out of Greensboro (I am only 20 minutes away from the airport) and flying into Gary, Indiana. Their first 10 tickets are priced at $10.00 for each way:love: , and then they increase to $35, $55, $75................ I got round trip tickets for $20 plus another $20 for priority seating (why not, for the price) and then $12.00 for fees, etc.

There will be a few more charges. My checked baggage will be $10 each piece for each way, and it will be $2 per soda as well.

You really need to watch their website to get the cheapest tickets, as they go fast. They also fly into the smaller airports.

I am going!! :)

Joelen said:
I am going!! :)
Hey, haven't seen you around here in awhile! How's everything going?

Bren706 said:
SKYBUS!!!!! Flying out of Greensboro (I am only 20 minutes away from the airport) and flying into Gary, Indiana. Their first 10 tickets are priced at $10.00 for each way:love: , and then they increase to $35, $55, $75................ I got round trip tickets for $20 plus another $20 for priority seating (why not, for the price) and then $12.00 for fees, etc.

There will be a few more charges. My checked baggage will be $10 each piece for each way, and it will be $2 per soda as well.

You really need to watch their website to get the cheapest tickets, as they go fast. They also fly into the smaller airports.

I think this is where a bunch of my clustermates and director got their tickets. I just didn't have the money at the time! So, if they fly into Gary, how far away is that??

I just had my vacation approved at work! Yahoo! I took the whole week, including the following Monday. I am doing a booth that weekend at a local fair and I wanted to be able to make follow-up calls.

Now, just to find airfare cheap. Can only find it for $400ish.:eek: Gotta wait for it to go on sale (I hope!)

I am SOOOO looking forward to meeting some of you during conference!

chefshawna said:
I think this is where a bunch of my clustermates and director got their tickets. I just didn't have the money at the time! So, if they fly into Gary, how far away is that??

Shawna,

It's a hop, skip and a jump to Chicago.

I'm sure someone else will come on and tell us how long it takes. . .but I can tell you Gary is very close to Chicago.

I google mapped it. Gary, IN is about 45 minutes away. I am so jealous of the skybus possibilities that is an incredible deal! It looks like you have to be able to fly in or out of one of those two main hubs in order to fly via skybus.

Coming from Northern California, we are looking at $400+ for our airfare alone. Many in my cluster are figuring we simply cannot afford it (myself included). :cry: I'd so love to go!

I google mapped it. Gary, IN is about 45 minutes away. I am so jealous of the skybus possibilities that is an incredible deal! It looks like you have to be able to fly in or out of one of those two main hubs in order to fly via skybus.Coming from Northern California, we are looking at $400+ for our airfare alone. Many in my cluster are figuring we simply cannot afford it (myself included). I'd so love to go!
We are flying out of San Jose RT for $279 on American into Ohare. It is so worth it, go reserve a bunch of flights at this price then you have 24 hours to decide if you can get a big group to go. SW (if you want to risk flying w/ them is also $325 RT out of San Jose except into midway. I know some girls from Sac are flying w/ us because of the price difference. I just checked American about noon today. HTH

Amanda,Thanks, it does help. I just looked up the flight on sidestep.com and foudn the $279 price you were mentioning -- that is a great price compared to what I've been seeing! What part of Northern Cali are you from? We would be driving down from the Redding area.

chefjeanine said:
Shawna,

It's a hop, skip and a jump to Chicago.

I'm sure someone else will come on and tell us how long it takes. . .but I can tell you Gary is very close to Chicago.

About 25 miles from downtown Chicago...

thanks for the sidestep.com link. I never heard of it and am going to check it out. I need a babysitter for my kids those days as DH works all day, so I may just fly the kids and I to upstate NY for 2 weeks and let her keep them for those few days. But if I can get the same flight as yall we'll see if I still stick to that plan! :)

I may be in need of a room to share. My director doesn't think she's going to National Conference and none of our cluster is going. Is there anyone that may need to have 1 more in their room?

What part of Northern Cali are you from? We would be driving down from the Redding area.
I am in Redwood Valley right where hwy 20 & hwy 101 meet. We are going to get a room the night before and fly out that morning. We missed that flight because I didn't reserve it so I lost that price. I got the same price. We are flying out on southwest and flying back on American. Today when I saw that I was going crazy. A couple of weeks ago I saw some deals out of Chico so I would look at that as well a lot closer.

Hey Julie, I can't promise anything right now, but there may be space in my room. Right now there is only two of us, but we want 4. The person I am sharing it with is confident that she can find someone in our ED's downline to room with us. But, if not, I will keep you in mind.

I'm going with Amanda. If it wasn't for her I'd have no clue how to get there.
I'll be walking this year!!!!

Ida I remember that picture!!!:DWe need to start a who's walking thread!! Ida will be there, and if I can I will join you!:DI think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..... I will walk!!!!!

Here is info on the Shuttle Services:

http://www.garychicagoairport.com/PressRelease_detail.asp?ID=162

Just an FYI, though. The South Shore Line (option #2) is a rail service that runs into Chicago for a small fee (under $6 each way), but this shuttle will take you to a "flag stop" which I don't think has a shelter....only a temp stop for the train.

Another warning: Gary is not exactly a safe city -- lots of crime -- be careful if the shuttle will not wait with you for the train.....

Hope that helps!

pamperedalf said:
SW (if you want to risk flying w/ them
Why do you say this? We fly on SW every year....

Sorry Lacy, I am flying out w/ them to chicago, However right after I bought my ticket is when they came out w/ not doing inspections and they grounded for good several planes that should not have been in the air. It just makes me nervous that's all.

OH, yeah, I remember seeing that too. At least that came out BEFORE conference, so they have time to make sure they're all up to par!

I'll be there! I'll be driving...it's a 5 hour drive for me.

Just booked my hotel. Hubby just called now and said he might not be able to get off work! Trying to figure something out four small kids. Anyone near Mokena Illinois looking to carpool?

Me too!Need to get my button from Chef Ann! I'll be looking for everyone!:chef:

I am going :)

Anyone in Cali still trying to get tickets?? I should have jumped last week at the $279 but didn't now only finding $330. Help!

bump!!!!

Just so you guys know - apparently SouthWest airlines has a contract with ATA airlines...so if you booked thru southwest check and make sure your tickets are still a go...ATA just filed bankruptcy and they stated on their website that if you purchased tickets thru southwest using a credit card...then you can request a refund thru your cc company - but if you purchased with cash or check - they can't offer a refund...

In other news - me and my director booked thru SkyBus - not the best company by any means - but roundtrip from Greensboro to Chicago is 162.00 and that's INCLUDING all taxes/fees, luggage check in...etc...

jbdowd0798 said:
Anyone in Cali still trying to get tickets?? I should have jumped last week at the $279 but didn't now only finding $330. Help!

where are you finding $330? I'm only finding $500. :eek:

pampered_chef_swva said:
Just so you guys know - apparently SouthWest airlines has a contract with ATA airlines...so if you booked thru southwest check and make sure your tickets are still a go...ATA just filed bankruptcy and they stated on their website that if you purchased tickets thru southwest using a credit card...then you can request a refund thru your cc company - but if you purchased with cash or check - they can't offer a refund...

In other news - me and my director booked thru SkyBus - not the best company by any means - but roundtrip from Greensboro to Chicago is 162.00 and that's INCLUDING all taxes/fees, luggage check in...etc...
So, does this mean SW flights are being cancelled?

I'm coming, and walking, and bringing hubby! Yay for the in-laws to take the 4 kids!!!

for those of you who went the SKYBUS route - if any, what are you doing now about getting to Chicago...? me and my director booked our flights thru SKYBUS only to find that they have declared bankruptcy as well...and her cc company is requesting that paperwork be filed before a refund is issued...

Now we're stuck trying to find a reasonably priced plane ticket...our SKYBUS tickets were $162 round trip including all taxes/fees, luggage checkin, priority seating... etc

I don't know that this would work for anyone, but it is how I am getting to Chicago. Megabus.... it is a tour bus thing that is cheap! It cost me $45 to go from Cleveland to Chicago round trip. May be worth looking into. :chef:

Website... low cost inter city travel
bus_front_blankgreen_jacb1.gif

I am in Wave 2... I have a doc appt tomorrow, so I will be asking if its OK for me to go.:rolleyes:

Hope you'll be there again AJ--are you bringing your crazy director again? She had us all in stitches every time we ran into you two! :)

i am planing on going need to register yet and get the tickets. wave 2

I am sure Dawn (aka Crazy Director) will be going, whether I go or not. Hey, someone has to cause a commotion, right?

<h2>1. Who can be a part of Wave 2 for these compact travel essentials?</h2><p>Anyone can be a part of Wave 2 for these compact travel essentials! Our products are designed for anyone who loves to travel and wants to have convenient, space-saving tools in their luggage.</p><h2>2. What are the benefits of being a part of Wave 2?</h2><p>Being a part of Wave 2 means you will be one of the first to have access to our new compact travel essentials. You will also have the opportunity to provide feedback and help shape the future of our products.</p><h2>3. How do I join Wave 2 for the compact travel essentials?</h2><p>Joining Wave 2 is easy! Simply sign up for our email list and you will receive updates and information on how to purchase the compact travel essentials when they become available.</p><h2>4. Can I purchase the compact travel essentials without being a part of Wave 2?</h2><p>Yes, the compact travel essentials will be available for purchase to the general public. However, being a part of Wave 2 gives you the opportunity to be one of the first to have access to these products.</p><h2>5. Are there any exclusive offers or discounts for being a part of Wave 2?</h2><p>Yes, as a thank you for being a part of Wave 2, we will be offering exclusive discounts and promotions for our compact travel essentials. Stay tuned for more information!</p>

Related to Who Will Be Part of Wave 2? Excited for These Compact Travel Essentials!

1. Who can be a part of Wave 2 for these compact travel essentials?

Anyone can be a part of Wave 2 for these compact travel essentials! Our products are designed for anyone who loves to travel and wants to have convenient, space-saving tools in their luggage.

2. What are the benefits of being a part of Wave 2?

Being a part of Wave 2 means you will be one of the first to have access to our new compact travel essentials. You will also have the opportunity to provide feedback and help shape the future of our products.

3. How do I join Wave 2 for the compact travel essentials?

Joining Wave 2 is easy! Simply sign up for our email list and you will receive updates and information on how to purchase the compact travel essentials when they become available.

4. Can I purchase the compact travel essentials without being a part of Wave 2?

Yes, the compact travel essentials will be available for purchase to the general public. However, being a part of Wave 2 gives you the opportunity to be one of the first to have access to these products.

5. Are there any exclusive offers or discounts for being a part of Wave 2?

Yes, as a thank you for being a part of Wave 2, we will be offering exclusive discounts and promotions for our compact travel essentials. Stay tuned for more information!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Trish1953
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • tlag1986