• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who was the latest company to go under in the direct sales industry?

In summary, Sensaria reps got an email this morning that the company went under. Their conference is supposed to be in two weeks and they've all booked their flights and hotels. So sad. I feel awful for the people I know in that company :(I've never heard of Sensaria!I've never heard of Sensaria!
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Sensaria reps got an email this morning that the company went under. Their conference is supposed to be in two weeks and they've all booked their flights and hotels. So sad. I feel awful for the people I know in that company :(

I've never heard of Sensaria!

ChefBeckyD said:
I've never heard of Sensaria!

me either.

When The Body Shop at Home went under...all their reps ran over to Sensaria - another spa home party line
Sensaria.com Naturally

wow,... I just attended a party last month and bought some hand cream. I watched a girl sign up within minutes after her arrival too. Scary stuff!

Never heard of it either but someone told me another company was going under and combining. Now I don't remember which one!

I think Tastefully Simple just bought or acquired Homemade Gourmet.

priseortega said:
I think Tastefully Simple just bought or acquired Homemade Gourmet.

That might be it - I remember it was a big one!

They acquired HG, but they aren't keeping anything from HG. According to my HG consultant none of their product line is getting absorbed. That's sad to me!

I haven't heard of Senseria OR Home Made Gourmet! Must be why they no longer exist.

I haven't heard of HG, but maybe Wildtree was part of their demise? I hate to admit it, but I love the concept behind WT though I have no desire to sell the stuff, I do buy some of their products. (Won't admit that at a party though :) )

homemade gourmet was started in Canton Texas in 1997 by Tami Van Hoy our daughters danced together
Sensaria took over Body Shop at Home in 2001 (I think)
i have a great friend who sold it, she recently went to Scentsy makes me wonder if they knew it was coming.

My Homemade Gourmet Consultant said that Tastefully Simple did buy the rights to the "Four Meals in Four Minutes" concept from HG so she's hopeful that they will incorporate that into their line. It's a bit like Power Cooking -- using their mixes and seasonings along with your own meat to make a meal for the freezer to be cooked later. I loved it and still do a lot of those meals with what I have left from my HG stock.

It didn't seem to me like the Consultants had any idea this was happening until 2 days before HG announced to all their customers that they were sold. My consultant was on vacation and sent me a frantic email telling me to place my order before the 30th if I wanted anything.

I'm happy to be with a company that has been around for so long. I'm really sad for consultants who are out of a job just like that. And the part about paying for their Conference and airfare and then not getting to go that was mentioned about the first company really sucks! Time to recruit!!

Shari in TX

From what I heard, HG had some kind of a legal issue with TS.

Homemade Gourmet wasn't really that young though, if you think about it! 1997 - that's 14 yrs old. I think any time you have a product line SO similar to another, it's a risky. Yes, we have a lot in common with Tupperware (although they are copying US, and at much higher prices- last time I looked at a catalog).I can't believe that the first company would have even ACCEPTED new consultant agreements knowing full well what was happening! That's almost fraud. I would be livid if I was out the money. Very scummy.

It's too bad about HG; loved their stuff. Can't stand TS!

I sold HG a long time ago.It was a nice family feel company but they never had the consultant interest. They let customers order not through anyone (back then) that upset me, I stopped because of inventory and getting food to host before show then delivery after. Sad to see it go.

Related to Who was the latest company to go under in the direct sales industry?

1. What is "Another Company Bites the Dust"?

"Another Company Bites the Dust" is a phrase used to describe the closure or bankruptcy of a company. It is often used in news headlines or social media to signify the downfall of a business.

2. Why do companies go out of business?

There are many reasons why a company may go out of business, including poor financial management, economic downturn, competition, and changes in consumer behavior. It is important for businesses to constantly adapt and evolve to stay relevant in the market.

3. How does the closure of a company affect its employees and customers?

The closure of a company can have a significant impact on both its employees and customers. Employees may lose their jobs, and customers may lose access to products or services they rely on. It can also have a ripple effect on the economy and other businesses that rely on the company.

4. Is there anything customers can do to support a struggling company?

Customers can support a struggling company by continuing to purchase their products or services, leaving positive reviews, and spreading the word about the business. However, if the company's financial issues are too severe, it may be beyond the control of customers to save it.

5. How can businesses avoid going out of business?

To avoid going out of business, businesses should have a solid financial plan and constantly monitor their performance. They should also stay updated on industry trends and adapt their strategies accordingly. Building strong relationships with customers and consistently delivering high-quality products or services can also help businesses stay afloat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Becca_in_MD
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • raebates