• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is direct sales the right path for me?

In summary, Jessica is a content summarizer and she has been with PC since September '06. She likes doing shows and getting paid and free/discounted products, but she is terrible at the phone call aspect of things and finds more and more that she doesn't want to do this anymore. She is trying to find the line between giving up because of insecurities and just realizing that direct sales is not for her. She reached $15,000 in Feb and that was a big goal of hers, but now she is having difficulty with family priorities and feels like she doesn't have the energy to continue. She is considering cutting back, keeping herself active, and setting a deadline. If she decides
MaddyandOwensMom
I've been with PC since Sept 'O6. Although I really like doing shows(and getting paid and free/discountd products) and was able to overcome some of my anxiety about public speaking, I am terrible at the phone call aspect of things and find more and more that I don't want to do this anymore. I'm trying to find the line (which I know only I can do) between giving up because of insecurities and just realizing that direct sales is not for me. I was palnning on going to Conference to boost myself, but as time goes by, am thinking that it an awfully big commitment time and money wise if I am this indecisive about staying. And part of me feel it won't change anything.

I have had a really difficult year with the addition of my DS who was 2 1/2 when we adopted him. He is a true belssing and I would never discourage anyone from adopting, but blending the family has been really much harder than I ever imagined and I think that if I took PC out (which is causing anxiety), I would have more patience to deal with all that my family brings. There are other things too, but ultimately, I am unable to get out of my own way. Everything else just makes it easier to make excuses. Ideally, I would like to work through some remaining shows during the summer, but not book any further. If I could keep up with a little catalogue show here and there, that would be fine with me. I reached $15,000 in Feb and that was a big goal of mine.

I have a wonderful upline and I just don't even know what to say to them. I go to all the meetings and they are lots of fun and very supportive. I'm supposed to go to a Booking Blitz tonight and my stress level is really high because of it. I thought of seeing where I got tonight and make a decision from there.

Again, I know all this is my decision, but anyone's two cents is welcome!
Jessica

I would look back to why you started in this business and what makes you passionate about it. Taking a step back may be a good choice but I would still continue to book cooking shows (if only 1 or 2 a month) to keep up with the flow of them.

Find what works for you, that's what this business is all about.

If your heart isn't into right now, maybe it's time to move on..you owe it to yourself to give it your all, but it sounds like you don't have it to give, that's what makes this so wonderful, you tried it out, you liked it and now your priorities are switching. The great thing is, you have a full year to come back into it if you decide to, without having to resign and pay the $155 again.
Bless you in your ventures and I'm sure you will make the right decision. Good luck.

Thank you both! I would like to maintain something small. I really did want to give it my all but I just really think that at this time, my family priorities are more important and feel really all consuming. The reasons I did this in the first place was to help out financially and to try something I thought about doing for years. With so much of the time spent with my DS and DD and all of us adjusting to the new family dynamic, I just really can't right now. I just have to find the words to tell my director!
Jessica

Jessica - seems like a bunch of us are in the same boat (me included!) I could have written half of your original post! I love this site because everyone is so wonderful, helpful and supportive! (more so then my D who is more encouraging me for her own benefits)

Try cutting back a bit, keep your self active and set a deadline - that is what I am doing -

Sounds like you need a break BIG TIME! Does having a 'family' calendar help at all? write down the times that you do CCC or Shows so EVERYONE knows what is going on? Maybe just slow things down a bit for the summer and see what happens when the new catalogues comes out and fall rolls around. By the sounds of it - going to conference IS NOT a good idea - if you are already regretting the money and time - then don't do it because you are only going to focus on those two things.

If you decide that it isn't in your future - well good for you in overcoming SO many things. I can't relate to what you are going through with coping and 'blending', but know what we are here for future vents, etc.

Do what is best for your family! :)

I know how you feel Jessica. I've been going through some of the same feelings. I just don't have or feel like committing the time to my business right now. I'm doing the shows I get, but if I don't have people knocking on my door, I'm not going looking for them.

I need this break right now since my oldest is graduating from HS this year. I hope I get out of the funk after taking a short break!

You have to do what is best for you. PC will always be there to come back to - that is the nice thing about it:)!

I'm going to go up the grain (surprise, I'm sure ;)) and say GO to conference. THEN make your decision.
Attending National Conferences is a great way to see the big picture and rediscover your "why". If you come home from National Conference and still feel "done", then taper your business back a bit.

Also, try to do some self-evaluating.

Are you working too hard?
How many parties do you do each month?
Do you feel that your paychecks match the effort you're putting in?
Are you working on business activities that are not money-makers?
Are you really working that much - or do you just THINK about working too much?

Working a few times per month shouldn't feel so stressful. Work your business around your life (schedule office hours, set dates that you will work/do parties). Don't schedule your life around your business.
:)

Related to Is direct sales the right path for me?

1. What is the "at aCrossroads (Long)" cookbook all about?

The "at aCrossroads (Long)" cookbook is a collection of easy and delicious recipes designed for busy families on the go. These recipes are perfect for weeknight meals or for those times when you need to prepare a meal in advance. They are also great for those who are looking for healthier options that don't sacrifice flavor.

2. Are the recipes in the "at aCrossroads (Long)" cookbook difficult to prepare?

No, the recipes in the "at aCrossroads (Long)" cookbook are designed to be quick and easy to prepare. Many of the recipes can be made in 30 minutes or less, making them perfect for busy weeknights. Plus, each recipe comes with step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to ensure success in the kitchen.

3. Are there any vegetarian or vegan options in the "at aCrossroads (Long)" cookbook?

Yes, the "at aCrossroads (Long)" cookbook includes a variety of options for vegetarians and vegans. There are several meatless recipes as well as options for substituting ingredients to make a dish vegan-friendly. Additionally, the cookbook includes a section on plant-based proteins for those looking to incorporate more plant-based options into their diet.

4. Can I find recipes for special dietary restrictions in the "at aCrossroads (Long)" cookbook?

Yes, the "at aCrossroads (Long)" cookbook includes a section for recipes that cater to specific dietary restrictions, such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and low-carb options. Each recipe also includes a detailed list of ingredients and nutritional information, making it easy for those with dietary restrictions to find suitable options.

5. Are there any dessert recipes in the "at aCrossroads (Long)" cookbook?

Yes, the "at aCrossroads (Long)" cookbook includes a variety of dessert recipes, including healthier options for those looking to satisfy their sweet tooth without overindulging. From cookies and cakes to fruit-based desserts, there is something for everyone in this cookbook.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampChefJoy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
nikked
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • susanr613